• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Post Wrestling going off on the Shorty G gimmick was great. It makes absolutely zero sense and helps no one. Imagine if Bryan was suddenly Shorty D.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't blame any of the talent for going to the Saudi show. I don't know their life situations, etc.

But I will praise the shit out of any who refuse to go, or who donate that money to good causes.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
How the fuck are there three repeated tweets on the same page. Holy shit you guys got the memory span of gold fish.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Stan a Chicago cop at your own peril

Mostly just messing, I just think it's an empty gesture all things considered. Best to just not show up.
It's literally not empty when he's giving all the money to a charity. It's a big paycheck for a talent that's not a top earner.

I think not attending or donating all of your money are the only two decent things to do as a performer for these shows. It made a bigger statement when people like John Cena and Daniel Bryan opted out because they are actual big draws.

Ali is just another guy on their giant roster.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
.8 in the demo (Dave and others have said Fox's expectations are 1.0 minimum average)

zPq448S.png

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Next week is on FS1 so you can kind of throw that number out, but with them already hemorrhaging and being on a different network next week, the FOX number two weeks from now is gonna be hilariously bad.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally not empty when he's giving all the money to a charity. It's a big paycheck for a talent that's not a top earner.

I think not attending or donating all of your money are the only two decent things to do as a performer for these shows. It made a bigger statement when people like John Cena and Daniel Bryan opted out because they are actual big draws.

Ali is just another guy on their giant roster.

It's a state-sponsored PR campaign. The problem isn't the money, it's the propaganda. So donating the money is a bit empty, because the money isn't really the problem. Not attending is the closest thing to doing something decent. The money is a whisper in the wind.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It's a state-sponsored PR campaign. The problem isn't the money, it's the propaganda. So donating the money is a bit empty, because the money isn't really the problem. Not attending is the closest thing to doing something decent. The money is a whisper in the wind.
I agree with your sentiments 100 percent but I still think Ali is doing a decent thing.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

6:00 – 7:00 IMPACT Stars Signing: Moose, Eddie Edwards, Ken Shamrock, Brian Cage, Rosemary, Fallah Bahh, Kylie Rae, Johnny Swinger

The Anthem Owl may have snatched Kylie. Guess I'll have to be a TNA mark. (Or they just threw her on that list with all the Impact people, but none of the other indie folks are on there).

Good seeing her doing a signing though.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
That new Natsuko gear is pretty cool. I actually liked the previous cams overalls but the dye on it was fading pretty badly.

EHQJ-9SUEAALHeT

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
AEW really need to get an official working relationship with DDT going.

I want to see these Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes goofballs stateside.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Mox having G1 war flashbacks in the middle of a match thinking Yano has come back to finish him off:

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Tonight on Twitch at 7PM Eastern is Impact Wrestling Presents: All Glory, a special indy copromotion event on the eve of TNA Bound For Glory

Galli Lucha Libre's representation: Jake Lander vs Gringo Loco, Bandolero and Golden Dragon in a fatal fourway
OVW's representation: Corey Storm vs Justin Smooth
Zelo Pro's representation: Laynie Luck defends the women's title against Shotzi Blackheart; and GPA faces Isaias Velasquez, Project Monix, Bryce Benjamin and Filth King Brubaker in a fatal fiveway
Black Label Pro's representation: Kobe Durst vs AJ Gray
Warrior Wrestling's representation: Space Monkey vs Robert Anthony; and Mark Wheeler vs Alex Zayne and Blake Christian in a triple threat
Pro Wrestling Revolver's representation: Ace Romero vs Larry D; and Jason Cade vs Tyler Matrix, Clayton Gainz and Logan James in a fatal fourway

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So WK

I have two thoughts

The Naito story or the Jay White = Kenny substitute story.

So thought 1, Gedo books 18-24 month in advance, Naito losing to Okada at WK 12 makes sense in a grander story of Okada being Naito's Tanahashi, that and that first Okada reign still had unfinished business with Omega.

So given that Naito was the first to talk about being a double champion, and has been doing so for like 6 months it feels, it kinda feels like the build is to that at WK, with all thse bumps in the road being a sort of so that Okada vs Naito being a also a story of Naito over coming massive adversity and having that additional pressure on top of having to face Okada at the Dome.

Now here's the second thought, Gedo books 18-24 month in advance, he's also known to just plug in new people rather than re-write, hence the Jay White run, so what if the original plan was Naito/Omega and Okada/Ibushi Night 1, then Omega/Ibushi Night 2... if White is the fill in for Kenny then logic says White beats Naito, Ibushi beats Okada, and then White/Ibushi on Jan 5th.... now I'm a bit skeptical as that would be two G1 rematches main eventing both Dome shows... and I do struggle at seeing White as the guy to put in there, no matter how much I do like him...

But It's Gedo andobviously Ibushi/Omega would have been a Dome worthy Main event, so if indeed White = Omega then it could happen.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
God damn I can't find the article I posted that had some Fox exec quoted as saying they expected a significant increase over 2.2 million. To me, it sounded like anything around that number would start sounding alarm bells.

10 months ago he was saying they wanted 3.3, it might be that https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ltzer_on_wor_fox_wants_33_million_views_from/

Obviously now reality has set in and they know that shit ain't happening lol 😂 At this point now the optimism is that the declines stop

Within the next 365 days? I don't think the declines stop, and I think 1.7 definitely happens at some point during it

Within the next 2 months? I don't think the declines stop, but they won't get to that low yet

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Probably the announcement of NXT Japan but their plans to buy either Stardom or NOAH to launch the project fell apart.

Bwahahaha! Still amused that WWE thought they'd get the same response to their trying to get into Japan as they did in the UK.
.8 in the demo (Dave and others have said Fox's expectations are 1.0 minimum average)

zPq448S.png
They still won the night in the key demo though.😩. Soon that'll change.

LOL Fox.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This is all going to be so terribly confusing, then again, maybe Bushiroad doesn't give a shit about the bad blood

Could probably give less of a shit, really. The understanding is the bad blood comes from NJPW feeling like they were taken advantage of. Any reasonable person would see people who finished out their contracts and left.

Status
Not open for further replies.