• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
EIRBq1aX0AAkUOt.jpg

drowsy

Oct 27, 2017
Hazuki and Natsuko are the best and they're just a bunch of jobbers. Hat Man is stealing Gedo's booking strategy for Naito and applying it to Hazuki. She might as well go see what catering is like on the fabled Largo Loop with how her future is looking right now.

Jamie has managed to convert me on Bea to some extent. I no longer want to skip her matches, so there's that. Someone still has to come up with a reason for Zoe Lucas and Bobbi Tyler to exist. Jobbing isn't enough of a reason since we already have Hazuki and Natsuko for that. Have to wonder if there's some scheduling issues behind Jamie and Bea winning their block so early.

On a scale from not being a pro wrestling fan to getting Alexa Bliss tattooed on one's cheek (you can pick which of the four), how creepy is buying photo books? Because, uh, Stardom is putting out one featuring Saya Kamitani and I feel like it would be important to have proof of my early fandom when she inevitably runs the whole scene in three years' time. I thought about buying this damn thing for a good thirty seconds before realizing that it's not for sale yet and that I don't really want to be the guy who buys photo books, but... What if? What if I did become that guy? Would that make body pillows an expected thing, and thus something I could also buy? What would it be like to live in that world? I could obviously never again invite another person to my home, but would that really be a bad thing?

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
This combined with the Death Stranding craziness makes me have second thoughts about sleep.

Like wtf dude.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Observer is out. Dave is saying AEW and NJPW have zero plans to work together, and the video on Dynamite was more akin to solidifying that then hinting at it changing

A video patterned after the character Sans has led to a lot of talk regarding a relationship between New Japan Pro Wrestling and AEW.

The video, which played for Kenny Omega's ring entrance on the 10/30 Dynamite show from Charleston, WV, had a message and gave a very cryptic message regarding Kota Ibushi and Omega. The video included a character of Ibushi holding his G-1 trophy.

The rule of thumb with these guys is never do a tease that isn't going to pay off. But we're told emphatically there is nothing going on in the direction of Ibushi in AEW or AEW working with New Japan from people on both sides who would know. In fact, the video was closer to Cody sledge hammering the throne in meaning than signaling a working relationship and the return of the Golden Lovers. Still, as we've noted so many times, it is still the best thing in the big picture for the two companies to work together at some point and deliver dream matches.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Breakdowns of the quarter hour viewership for NXT and AEW. Short version: Dakota and Tegan vs. Kairi and Asuka was a relatively massive draw

In the segment-by-segment, the high point for AEW was 880,000 in the first segment. The low point was 701,000 for the Cody and Tony Schiavone car ride and Best Friends & Orange Cassidy vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver & QT Marshall. Hikaru Shida vs. Shanna lost 85,000 viewers. The end of Shida vs. Shanna and the angle with Ortiz & Santana and the Rock & Roll Express lost 60,000 viewers. The Cody car ride and Best Friend s match lost 34,000 viewers,. The Cody/Chris Jericho contract signing and beating of Dustin Rhodes by Jake Hager gained 51,000 viewers. The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. Jack Evans & Angelico & Kip Sabian lost 45,000 viewers. The end of that match plus the Jon Moxley/Peter Avalon angle and Moxley promo gained 9,000 viewers. And the Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian tag title win over Pentagon Jr. & Fenix gained 55,000 viewers to 781,000.

NXT did very close to AEW from 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with Asuka & Kairi Sane vs. Dakota Kai & Tegan Nox, going against the Jericho contract signing and Young Bucks & Omega match. The AEW edge was 730,000 to 679,000 during that half hour, the closest it has come. But NXT collapsed in the last half hour of the show with the Tyler Bate vs. Cameron Grimes match and tag title match, with the head-to-head tag title matches doing 781,000 to 467,000.

For NXT, the Finn Balor promo grew 30,000 viewers. I had expected Balor promo vs. Hikaru Shida to be close, but AEW had a 795,000 to 607,000 edge. Bronson Reed vs. Shane Thorne lost 62,000 viewers. The women's tag title match gained 143,000 viewers, so they ended up meaning far more than Balor. The War Games angle after the match lost 39,000 viewers. Grimes vs. Bate lost 163,000 viewers. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Matt Riddle & Keith Lee lost 27,000 viewers in the head-to-head, but when AEW ended, they gained 145,000 viewers in the overrun so that's probably a lot of AEW viewers. It probably also kills them in the last quarter because fans watch the NXT main events in fewer numbers knowing they can watch the AEW closing angle and miss nothing on NXT and still see its closing angle.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I swear if the story is basically Vince saw MBS sneeze and got into it with him to a point where it's endangering your talent and everyone around you; maaaayyyyyyybbbbeeeee it's time to just stop. Like in general. Just stop.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says that Cain's knee is in worse shape than they expected, and that's why the Brock match was basically nothing. It was always planned to be a short match, but it was supposed to be more back and forth and explosive than it was.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Sinatar I feel you about a Lot of it

Credit where it's due a decent portion of it was us calling out stans like Edge and MrAwful. I'll quote my relevant response to it here, because I am Entirely not here for assholes trying to have their cake and eat it, say they're definitely not homophobic/definitely are #Allies yet look the other way when we're dying in a way that affects their "enjoyment"

And you know what, let me go deeper since I'm so done with bullshit from them and other slick faux-woke pricks who will let anything slide because They Want To Be Entertained:

If you can turn that informed part of your brain off that reminds you of these things constantly, I admire that, I really do. I wish I had that ability. I wish I could have forgotten today that 6 months ago nearly to the day, 5 men were beheaded specifically for being gay; that USA Today didn't want to dampen the mood reminding people of it during Pride Month so it didn't even get mentioned in the country's too-brief portion in their article that month about countries where existing as queer/not-straight is capital punishment-worthy; that Stephanie sure didn't miss a beat taking a selfie on Spirit Week, where she was sure to beam ear to ear and promote GLAAD and anti-bullying, without also mentioning that two weeks from then she'd be GLAD to plug the women's revolution in Saudi, where you know Sonya Deville (an openly-lesbian wrestler on their roster) legally can't go without risking her own life

I sincerely wish I could forget any of that. I wish I didn't picture that same evil fucking smirk the second I saw someone post her tweet about the next step of the women's revolution, and I wish I didn't picture that same evil fucking smirk the second I saw how much clicks the thread got in realtime that weren't dragging those fools, and I wish I didn't picture that same evil fucking smirk when I just read your post about how much Pages (plural) the discussion resulted in

I wish I could forget it all

If it doesn't affect someone personally, it's basically an on/off switch for them. That's the reality of it: just an on/off switch. Meanwhile I'm affected and I can't fucking look away

I hear about Saudi, I remember this
I hear in the news about someone being killed for their sexuality/identity, I remember this (here's one from a month ago: Trans deaths an epidemic, says American Medical Association. Two weeks later, two more deaths.)
Two weeks ago I had actually almost managed to forget briefly about tonight's scheduled show...and then Steph posted that tweet

And then the instant I saw it I remembered she did that, was doing that, with a smile on her face two weeks to the goddamn Day of the show in the place where people like me get slaughtered and it's remembered for seconds at best by the average soul

And now for the last two weeks I haven't even been able to hear or read about Steph and not immediately think of that tweet in addition to All of this

And I can't just leave the WWE thread, because that's what this place is for like, 3 goddamn days of the week: WWE's brought up in the AEW thread nearly constantly; it's copycatted in TNA and ROH so when those companies are discussed it's inevitably discussed; Gabe has clung to the company in EVOLVE; ditto the case for the majority of Britwres; numerous ex-talent are in New Japan and the indies (so when Moxley's brought up it's "he's doing so much better than he was in WWE"). The connections follow so the memory follows. What takes up the conversation, takes up the conversation, and at that point you either participate, or don't

One person goes to it for entertainment; everywhere I go for entertainment related to wrestling in the whole forum, I end up being reminded on the rare times I've forgotten or come close to it. And I'm either a dick for venting about it and risking hearing what I've felt for a long time (that nobody cares and it's okay if I die as long as it doesn't make the news and take people's minds off a good match that happened that day or a funny cat video the local station was playing before it broke), or I bottle it up and make things worse on my own self, like the regular actual news I come to goddamn Entertainment to escape in the first place doesn't do a good enough job making things worse on its own (just this month the Supreme Court heard a case on if I can be fired for being gay; ruling on that will inevitably have a trickle effect on right to housing too. Since I'm currently looking for a long-term 1) job and 2) house, just fucking pile it on for 2020. Not like anything big was already going to happen that year)

This is an on/off switch for them. It ain't for me. They want to be entertained. So the fuck do I. And death and homelessness and hurt surrounding me and those I love like me, and it All getting looked the other way on from, or minimized by, "friends" and "allies"...well, that's not entertaining
Thank you for sharing Sweeney, you posted far more eloquently that I would be able to in your shoes and I greatly appreciate your viewpoint being shared since even after reading the news I still won't fully comprehend what it's like for people of other walks of life. The more these stories are shared the more educated and understanding people will hopefully be.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's happening in there? I'm not brave enough to poke my head in.

Typical review thread shit-slinging magnified by the fact that it's made by Kojima

Those threads are always the dirt worst because they just devolve into "oh yeah well this person's opinion is stupid and dumb and they were probably paid to say that!!@!!"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dave said on WOR it wasn't a technical issue or mechanical issue with the plane, or weather

Yo this is fucking weird

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PWInsider update

PWInsider has been told the "majority" of those delayed leaving Saudi Arabia for tonight's Smackdown taping will not make the taping and are now at hotels in Riyadh. We are told there is no word yet when they are now leaving to return to the United States.

WWE has made arrangements to try to get those "absolutely neccesary" for Smackdown to the taping, we are told.

There are a LOT of people within WWE upset about the situation, going as far up the ladder as you can imagine.

Man I'd be fucking pissed if I was one of those deemed "not absolutely necessary" and left in SA until later

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
putting your billion dollar deal at risk over chump change from genocidal oil fascists and leaving talent stranded, basically telling them theyre worthless

#5years inshallah

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
‪What if Vince successfully pulled off an Ocean's Eleven style heist during the show last night?‬

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So with most of the talent missing I guess there will be a one hour iron man match between Bryan and Zayn.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Leyla Hirsch should really reconsider the moonsault.
I've seen her nail it and it's super good and cool, but yeah, needs some work

Unlike Dani Luna, just stop doing the gd splashes
Observer is out. Dave is saying AEW and NJPW have zero plans to work together, and the video on Dynamite was more akin to solidifying that then hinting at it changing
"Led to talk" goddamnit Dave you started that talk

Status
Not open for further replies.