• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Got AEW in the background, having a hot crowd goes a long way

I guess the thousand yard stare is his gimmick but Swagger looks stoned out of his mind and trying to act normal in this Jericho & Co segment.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the victory goes to AEW this week. While NXT had the best match (WALTER v Kushida), AEW was just loaded top to bottom. Not to mention that crowd was just great. NXT needs to explore the idea of moving to slightly bigger facilities. While the Full Sail crowd is always rowdy...it being so small does not have near the impact of a larger crowd. I still can't get over that we get 4 hours of this quality every week. I almost don't want to watch Raw or Smackdown any longer, but I just keep that slim hope alive that Vince will actually use the amazing talent pool that he has.

Re-watched Jericho's promo. Man, he's just on another level right now.

The guy reinvents himself every few years. I've never seen anything like it. That promo was fire.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I was looking at the trends worldwide and in USA on Twitter all night during both shows and I know that they don't actually correlate but AEW-related tweets were trending all night long (Private Party was actually #2 worldwide at one point and Darby Allin was #4) and the only NXT related trend on Twitter was Lio Rush (btw, good for him, he was being wasted besides Lashley). I think that this week AEW will have a very good rating vs NXT again.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Well, the victory goes to AEW this week. While NXT had the best match (WALTER v Kushida), AEW was just loaded top to bottom. Not to mention that crowd was just great. NXT needs to explore the idea of moving to slightly bigger facilities. While the Full Sail crowd is always rowdy...it being so small does not have near the impact of a larger crowd. I still can't get over that we get 4 hours of this quality every week. I almost don't want to watch Raw or Smackdown any longer, but I just keep that slim hope alive that Vince will actually use the amazing talent pool that he has.
FYI, you don't need to watch Raw or Smackdown. If Vince somehow uses someone with amazing talent properly, you'll hear about it and can tune in the next week only to discover that he has squandered the opportunity and fucked up their booking by reversing the great thing that happened previously.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, you don't need to watch Raw or Smackdown. If Vince somehow uses someone with amazing talent properly, you'll hear about it and can tune in the next week only to discover that he has squandered the opportunity and fucked up their booking by reversing the great thing that happened previously.

That's a really good point. Buddy Murphy had 2 great matches in as many weeks and has since disappeared off the map.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Even more than that, people thought Cody/Jericho as the first title feud was a mistake and they are completely nailing it.
People doubting Cody is like, all that seems to happen. But yeah it's daft to doubt it. Two of the best character / storyteller guys and two great in ring performers from the same perspective.

I was always behind putting the belt on Jericho and I thought he was a great hire, but I think we all underestimated just how hot he was going to be. I don't think he even knew he could get this hot. Unscripted Jericho is sublime. His in ring charisma more than makes up for his current physique. He had the crowd eating out of his hand either way last night. And from where I was sat, the Judas Effect looked really good.

I'm not sure where AEW would be right now without Jericho, but they wouldn't be doing as well.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The whole situation with Dragon Lee is interesting.

He's been pulled out of the NJPW tag league due to CMLL requesting it and may not get to go back to NJPW anytime soon.

Meltzer made it sound like CMLL doesn't want ROH to sign him either.

Theoretically, this leaves him with WWE and AEW as potential options.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I will say outright, I hated Cody in NJPW, his matches, his stuff on Being the Elite etc. I just didn't like any of it but dude has been pretty beyond fucking great in AEW.

Oct 25, 2017

He's been pulled out of the NJPW tag league due to CMLL requesting it and may not get to go back to NJPW anytime soon.

Well if he wants alot Money he knows where to go if he wants creative control he also knows where to go

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I doubt RoH cares about their relation with CMLL and are more than willing to sign Lee to keep Rush happy. I doubt he signs with AEW or WWE. He cares a lot about workrate and both companies don't have a strong jrs division. In RoH he can do NJPW ( when things calm down ), BOLA and whatever he wants in Mexico.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I understand why they did it. But golden NXT days are pretty much over.

Like I said. Only benefit is all the hard working people there are finally gone get paid. Hope they save their money.

Edit: is NXT still on Hulu?

I wouldn't say that. NXT is still just as good as it always was. Leaving the Network hasn't made the product any worse. The problem is they're running their studio show against a huge production being put on in front of thousands of people. Both weeks they've run head to head people have said NXT had better matches, but AEW is new and fresh and a spectacle.

The real problem will come up if Vince ever decides he needs to take control of NXT to bump up the ratings.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Getting to hear John and Wai again after a long absence in my podcast rotation, feels real good. And they seem very high on AEW too!

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say that. NXT is still just as good as it always was. Leaving the Network hasn't made the product any worse. The problem is they're running their studio show against a huge production being put on in front of thousands of people. Both weeks they've run head to head people have said NXT had better matches, but AEW is new and fresh and a spectacle.

The real problem will come up if Vince ever decides he needs to take control of NXT to bump up the ratings.
I don't disagree with any of this. That's pretty much what will most likely happen. Sadly.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I doubt RoH cares about their relation with CMLL and are more than willing to sign Lee to keep Rush happy. I doubt he signs with AEW or WWE. He cares a lot about workrate and both companies don't have a strong jrs division. In RoH he can do NJPW ( when things calm down), BOLA and whatever he wants in Mexico.
That's the thing I'm iffy about. I'm not as familiar with lucha as you and OhSatan are, but I was just thinking that this might be a grudge that CMLL may not be willing to drop for awhile, and I just don't know how willing NJPW would be to go against CMLL's wishes, even months from now.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

This continues to be the most interesting story in wrestling aside from ratings. RoH's reaction should be interesting since they love Rush and the NJPW partnership seems to be on life support.

Oct 25, 2017

Right now Vince is going to have his hands full with Fox so I don't see him stepping in with NXT all I can see him doing is giving the ok for touring

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Kevin Smith said that he and Jason Mewes were supposed to be on Smackdown last week, but after showing up at the AEW show they had their appearance cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.