• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
EGddlgeWwAETNvP

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
tony Schiavone has been awesome on commentary. He was a great pick for commentary

His career revival is one of the best feel good stories in wrestling. Left the business very bitter and felt that nobody missed him. Then years later he gets roped into doing a podcast and discovers how appreciated he really is by everyone at large and any bygones that did exist became forgiven over time.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The opening tag match was the obvious blowaway match of the show, but Darby/Havoc was perfect for what it needed to be. The entrances were great, they set it up well where suddenly this random number one contenders match felt like the most important thing on the show. The match itself ruled and didn't overstay its welcome

Weird to see the coffin drop be used in a traditional top rope finisher sense, I don't know if I've ever seen Darby actually win like that?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The opening tag match was the obvious blowaway match of the show, but Darby/Havoc was perfect for what it needed to be. The entrances were great, they set it up well where suddenly this random number one contenders match felt like the most important thing on the show. The match itself ruled and didn't overstay its welcome

Weird to see the coffin drop be used in a traditional top rope finisher sense, I don't know if I've ever seen Darby actually win like that?
I think he did it on AEW Dark as well. Looks like it's a high risk move but definitely meant to hit hard when it lands.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I think he did it on AEW Dark as well. Looks like it's a high risk move but definitely meant to hit hard when it lands.
Yeah I forgot about that too

I've seen him in EVOLVE matches where he spams it to the outside because that was always his thing, just throwing himself at people to hurt them. Seemed like he transitioned into making it a thing he misses until he finally hits it

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's the thing I'm iffy about. I'm not as familiar with lucha as you and OhSatan are, but I was just thinking that this might be a grudge that CMLL may not be willing to drop for awhile, and I just don't know how willing NJPW would be to go against CMLL's wishes, even months from now.

CMLL is probably mad that other companies finally started to notice their talent and started poaching it. The grudge is against Rush and Lee is the scapegoat. Like, they are fine with Mistico, it was just Lee disobeying the order and doing BOLA. But CMLL does not have as much to offer NJPW and RoH, as both companies do not want to expand to Mexico. On the contrary, the USA and Japan are an important income for CMLL luchadors. Add that Lee cares a lot for workrate (in every interview he says that) and you can see how he will end up in either RoH and NJPW. I could see NJPW officials telling him to wait for the tag league to end, or Hiromu to return to bring and sign him.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Finished last night's AEW Dynamite.
First AEW show I watch, and I'm digging what they're offering. Will follow semi-regularly.
AEW + NJPW seems like the perfect combo for my casual wrasslin' watcher needs.

The Wednesday went from a nothing wrestling day to the must see out of nowhere, The best workrate and the best venue are back!

Now they just need to confirm the return of La Griega to turn it into a blessed day.

Do I gotta figure out how to easily log into my Facebook on my TV now?
Only the first day they turned on the restrictions all the days after save for one had no lock to watch live.

That's the thing I'm iffy about. I'm not as familiar with lucha as you and OhSatan are, but I was just thinking that this might be a grudge that CMLL may not be willing to drop for awhile, and I just don't know how willing NJPW would be to go against CMLL's wishes, even months from now.
NJPW wants Dragon Lee bad, like really really bad. They made clear that they wanted to sign him when he was under CMLL and that would have been bad optics, I can't imagine that now that he is free they will take into account their feelings.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Thats how I felt about Almas vs Gargano a couple of years ago. I had to wait a week to watch it and saw all the hype and I was kind of like "uh, really?" It is funny how these type of things can fuck with our perceptions.

You know what are great matches that still stand up?

Nakamura vs Roode I & II

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad the Coffin Drop is his finisher. I always thought it was the most devastating looking top rope move, since it looks like he is just landing with his full weight on his opponent. It's better than the pinning combination he used before.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I think chucklehead is going to be my go to insult these days.

I think I have a hot take... Bucks vs Private Party isn't that GOOD of match..

Altho watching after second hand hype and spoiler does affect a lot for impression, I'll just try to accept that better next time.

Like look at this chucklehead. Seriously tho, I thought it was a great TV match with a hot crowd. Super fun.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
And yeah, it was weird that both Shawn and Cody stole The Dark Order's lights out shtick.

Cody didn't need it especially. Would have looked better if he was walking slowly down the ring while staring down Jericho, I thought.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, it was weird that both Shawn and Cody stole The Dark Order's lights out shtick.

Cody didn't need it especially. Would have looked better if he was walking slowly down the ring while staring down Jericho, I thought.
Here's hoping dark order gets a gimmick change. The cheap gimps are the worst.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Here's your hot take

NXT has never produced a 5 star match. Closest was DIY vs Revival.

Closest was Almas/Gargano and I gave a 4.75. Don't think any other NXT match hit 4.75 in my book, a few 4.5s for sure.

Hasn't been a 5 star WWE match since Goldberg squashed Brock at Survivor Series, prompting the posting of wcwatlanta.gif again and again

Before that it was Punk/Cena MITB

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
OFFICIAL list of five star matches, this decade

Zeus vs Miyahara from October last year (november?)

Shibata vs Okada

Antonio Honda vs Dick Togo

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer was going to give Jimmy Lloyd vs. Masashi Takeda 4.5 but the scissors pushed him over the edge, "you love to see it" said Meltzer on The Different Boy getting impaled and thinking he was going to die

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I've never seen any NWA stuff and I'm watching Power's first episode and this is tremendous. The old-school production is so so good.

Fuck this dude in the crowd trying to What? chant at everything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.