• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Are they high on Britt cause Kylie Rae threw up the deuces?

Or did kylie throw up the deuces cause they're high on Britt?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I got to stop fantasy booking NJPW and AEW together in my head.

I want Private Party vs Roppongi 3K.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
And yes. She has a dentist and that's a nice thing to cart out to get new, casual viewers interested in what the womens division is doing at a human interest level.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
At some point they need to realise the dentist thing's only hurting Britt. It's seems like replacement for her lack of character where as in one match Emi's Freddie angle is totally complimented by her happy go lucky but also kind of a dick to her opponents in ring character.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Britt can grow out of being dollar store Charlotte as quickly as MJF grew out of being dollar store Miz.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Britt is like Flip Gordon where because a few people might recognize her name and she has a gimmick people just assume she's a good wrestler.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
At some point they need to realise the dentist thing's only hurting Britt. It's seems like replacement for her lack of character where as in one match Emi's Freddie angle is totally complimented by her happy go lucky but also kind of a dick to her opponents in ring character.
They were too busy looking at "oh wow, she has a PHD! Thats so rare for a wrestler" and how they could push that, that I don't think they really realized she doesn't have a whole lot going on in other departments.

She's solid in the ring though. She hasn't shown a lot in AEW but I've seen enough of her elsewhere to know she's not bad. Just not somebody that can be the star of a division, at least not yet.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
push Allie
Britt is like Flip Gordon where because a few people might recognize her name and she has a gimmick people just assume she's a good wrestler.
Wonder who she gets that from
tenor.gif

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Britt had a good match with Tessa during Wrestlemania weekend, much better than anything she's done in aew. I'm giving her some time. Also how can anyone develop a character when given no mic time or video packages.....though I suppose she didn't do much on commentary last week.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how much time EC3 has left on his contract. I don't think he's ever been injured, so in theory he's got one year left unless he signed an extension when he moved to the main roster.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm enjoying the reversal of expectations with Kenny, I am starting to finally wonder if they're really doing the right thing in the long run by de-emphasizing him so much up front.

I mean..just straight up giving away one of Janela's dream matches in a dark match thats going to go up on Youtube for free still seems nuts.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
- good matches

- not a nerd

- MDK

Cole's had great matches, at least by my standards as I'm never bored watching one. Though that last Gargano/Cole match was way too fucking long. As for the "not a nerd" part, I'm not terribly big on the eagerness of ERA posters to dunk on themselves and others who are like them. Ya'll own video game consoles, knock it off lol

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm enjoying the reversal of expectations with Kenny, I am starting to finally wonder if they're really doing the right thing in the long run by de-emphasizing him so much up front.

I mean..just straight up giving away one of Janela's dream matches in a dark match thats going to go up on Youtube for free still seems nuts.
Why do you think it's going up on youtube for free? It may just be truly a dark match. Like the unsanctioned part of the match makes me pretty much sure that it's just a think for the fans in attendance.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
undeniably good wrestlers:

- Antonio Honda

- Dick Togo

- El Satanico

- Negro Casas

- Jushin Thunder Liger

- Vader

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
If this is your entry as "the only good wrestler", I find it perfectly acceptable.

basically someone who I enjoy watching and can make me suspend my disbelief

like misu did when he destroyed tana's leg, or combo slapped okada, or gave goto a hangman's choke from the turnbuckle, or when he ran away from liger trying to murder him with a spike

those real feels

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, what if Dragon Lee ends up signing with Dragon Gate?

Just imagine all the thirst he would generate under the DG water.

Oct 25, 2017
Cole's had great matches, at least by my standards as I'm never bored watching one. Though that last Gargano/Cole match was way too fucking long. As for the "not a nerd" part, I'm not terribly big on the eagerness of ERA posters to dunk on themselves and others who are like them. Ya'll own video game consoles, knock it off lol
I wonder if Cody a good wrestler since he's a nerd (Video game nerd Star Trek nerd) and been a pretty bad wrestler over his career

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Meltzer from today's Observer Radio regarding the draft tomorrow on Smackdown:

• It's going to be people picking like a football draft. There will be reps picking for Fox and USA.
  • It won't be authority figures because they don't want those right now.
  • This could change, but the whole draft is done. They're likely not telling anyone where they will go, but they might tell some of the talent higher on the card.

They've done this in the past. Imagine working for a company in 2019 that won't tell you where you're working because they literally want to work you .

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Meltzer from today's Observer Radio regarding the draft tomorrow on Smackdown:

• It's going to be people picking like a football draft. There will be reps picking for Fox and USA.
  • It won't be authority figures because they don't want those right now.
  • This could change, but the whole draft is done. They're likely not telling anyone where they will go, but they might tell some of the talent higher on the card.

They've done this in the past. Imagine working for a company in 2019 that won't tell you where you're working because they literally want to work you .
EC3 will make history by being the first man to be drafted to WWE Main Event.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Are they high on Britt cause Kylie Rae threw up the deuces?

Or did kylie throw up the deuces cause they're high on Britt?

I'm pretty sure Britt Baker was the one who said "hey you gotta look at Kylie Rae" to the EVPs.

Can't see them having heat. If I remember the story correctly, they got pretty close on the RISE/Stardom tour in Japan last summer and Britt helped take care of Kylie when she got injured. Had good chemistry in their couple matches against each other and teaming together.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and both AEW Dynamite and NWA Powerrr were fantastic.

With AEW I wish Hager wasn't there at all, but I was very impressed by how Jericho shut those "We the people" chants down. Loved the skateboard spot at the end, and the opening tag match was superb. Britt is definitely struggling though.

Status
Not open for further replies.