• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Video shows a few cities, using canoes, field skills, battles, day-night cycle, etc.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
I was planning to ignore Octopath 2 if it's similar to Octopath 1 with its strength only being in combat and ost, but this seems night and day difference from Octopath 1.
Even if story is still bad, I think I'll enjoy this a lot. My gripe so far is that it looks rather dim even during day time. If it's because of a filter I hope they let us disable it. Triangle Strategy looks brighter and better after disabling the filter.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this looks great. I didn't finish the first one but this one is looking a lot better.

Oct 25, 2017
So this confirms there's a Double Speed mode you can toggle for battle. Buuuut, the damage numbers show up for way too short of time, which is trash, and a common problem for this type of game speed boost. Bravely and Trails have that same problem.

Overall just looks like the original, but with several times the budget.

You can see that three of the characters appears twice on the world map for their next chapters, and the merchant appears FOUR times. I'd have first assumed that this is because one of them was a Connected Path chapter, but the Merchant has some Gold icons next to his map icons so there's likely some alternative progression method for his campaign, like Armic/Torneko's campaigns in previous multi-protag RPGs. IMO I think my guess in an earlier thread is right and there there's a Town Construction sidequest for him, which is the 3 icons with Gold, while his main chapter is the icon without Gold.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Man, this new music by Yasunori Nishiki. The soundtrack is far and away the thing I'm looking forward to most about OT2.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
It looks very brown. After recently finishing Live A Live I much prefer a colorful look for this HD2D style.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I guess they didn't show character interaction. Not really that hopeful until they show that. Everything else is lovely though.

Oct 25, 2017
So beyond the new game campaign structure that varies by character, we also see an allied character fighting during the Warrior's opening chapter, which is new. You give commands and they have a health bar so they aren't just a simple summon/ally.

So I guess they didn't show character interaction. Not really that hopeful until they show that. Everything else is lovely though.

They already showed off one of the joint chapters in the previews (A level 8 side chapter with two characters). What do you want, exactly? This is still 8 mostly distinct campaigns, except the previous game's 180 party interaction scenes and 100 side quests have kind of been fused together to give people what they want, but they aren't changing the basic pitch of the game. This is still "SaGa short story campaigns, but you do all 8 distinct campaigns on one save file while using the other characters as your party members".