• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Very nice, glad to be one of them. Hopefully we'll be seeing huge legs when it releases.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent. I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least as successful as Bravely—hopefully more. The excitement for it is palpable.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Given the quality of the demo, the game is tracking to become a good success. Totally deserved.

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this mean that it will be a runaway hit. I don't really know what it will do. My desire for the game clouds my way of normal gauging how desirable it is to other people.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Games looks like it will be pretty cool, so I'm not surprised. Hits all the right nostalgia buttons, but also brings some cool things to the table.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
recently played the demo and loved it. the graphics, the music, the story (primrose's story was very interesting and surprisingly mature), the simple and classic battle system, and the side quest system of being able to do the quests in multiple ways (even tho there was only like 4 side quests in the demo)

they were definitely smart to get a demo out soon to make people anticipate the game long before release, since the switch library will get more crowded as time goes by and games are more likely to get lost among other upcoming releases.

i'm not even a big jrpg fan and i will for sure get this game, i'm interested in how the stories for the different charactes will turn out and judging by the demo i think i'm gonna love the side quests

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Lookit go! Talked a friend into trying the demo recently, too.
Really hope this game will hold up as well as the demo did and that it'll be a huge success!

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I still find it strange the demo came out like a year before the game release. If they will improve the game, then should they replace with a more updated demo later on?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the game manages to not fall into the trap of Bravely Default being overly long and pulling a chapter 5. I can see this doing very well.

Meriadock

Apr 21, 2018
Brazil
My most antecipated switch game. Day one.

Loved Primrose arc, but I wish you could play the other character (forgot the name) story without starting a new game on the demo!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
If the game manages to not fall into the trap of Bravely Default being overly long and pulling a chapter 5. I can see this doing very well.
I expect the game to have less repetition than BD... I couldn't finish the game even if I liked a lot the first hours.

Edit: There's some information on how the different routes interact?
I suppose you will need to finish the 9 stories to see the final chapter...

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a good thing Switch owners are thirsty for games. Should sell millions, millions!

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I got a Switch recently and I had to deliberately look for the game on the eShop, it doesn't show up in the Demo section for me.

Didn't play it yet, I'll start it up soon.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Wonder if it will do better than Setsuna and Lost Sphear? If it does Square should really re-evaluate Tokyo-RPG factory.

Switchboi's are thirsty. Hope it does well, hope it can stay in stock 'til I get a Switch of my own! ;p

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear, I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. I just need the developers to add in a skip option on the cutscenes. It's 2018, there no excuse for that to be missing in the final game.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
it for sure will do better than those two. it's not by the same team, right? i thought it was by aquire with some of the people responsible for bravely default

Yeah, different team from T-RPG Fac.

What I mean is that SE should re-evaluate them because Setsuna/LS dropped on multiple platforms, yet there is a very real possibility here that Octo will outsell both on just one platform (with a much smaller install base no less), despite both brands shooting for that same old-timey feel.

If I worked at T-RPG Factory I would kinda be embarrassed in other words.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Will definitely buy this after the demo. I am a bit concerned about the split storylines and feeling fatigue having to play all these different stories to experience the full game, but regardless I want to support more releases like this for the Switch.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, different team from T-RPG Fac.

What I mean is that SE should re-evaluate them because Setsuna/LS dropped on multiple platforms, yet there is a very real possibility here that Octo will outsell both on just one platform (with a much smaller install base no less), despite both brands shooting for that same old-timey feel.

If I worked at T-RPG Factory I would kinda be embarrassed in other words.
oh i get it. reading your post now i get what you mean about them re evaluating tokyo rpg factory. but to be fair octopath seems to have higher production values a bigger marketing budget.

Yeah it passed it at the end of December. We may find out the latest numbers this week.
the financial report is coming this week? exciting. i wonder if any game will be added to the list of switch million sellers, probably pokken.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Think it's a general rule. Sales are usually more than demos downloaded.

We don't usually get demo download numbers but from googling I found Sun/Moon was over 3.5 million.
FIFA was 5.5 million

for Nintendo stuff I just think it's especially true. I doubt Kirby and Pokken were downloaded as much as they're going to sell.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh i get it. reading your post now i get what you mean about them re evaluating tokyo rpg factory. but to be fair octopath seems to have higher production values a bigger marketing budget.

the financial report is coming this week? exciting. i wonder if any game will be added to the list of switch million sellers, probably pokken.

Yep financial earnings release late Wednesday I believe.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait. The game is like exactly what I want out of this genre. A truly mature story without being grimdark or cynical. The style and depth to the combat is just the icing on the cake.