• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Graphics matter not in an RPG like this. Beautiful box art and illIbe there day 1 (perhaps with that funky special edition too).

Between this and Disgaea Complete, it's gonna be a good year for RPGs on Switch.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Just as a reminder: it's not Akihiko Yoshida who is doing the art of Octopath Traveler but Naoki Ikushima, the monster and background designer of Bravely Default

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And considering this game is really a SaGa game in disguise and not a Final Fantasy, the combat system should be judged in context with the other SaGa games, which have animations like this:

I would love for sprite work like this in most rpgs. But sadly outside the whole split characters thing this game is def being more pushed towards a FF audience than a saga one

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You can make more money at $40 if twice as many people buy the game. You can charge $1 and make gobs of money if a billion people buy the game. I think Octopath makes more money at $40 for SE than at $60. The game it a lot closer to Lost Sphere than to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or FF15. I would say $30 is the best price but Switch carts are pricey so $40.

You are just making shit up. No offense.

You have no idea what profit margins are on retail and you have no basis to claim sales would increase at cheaper price point. Plus, if cheaper prices increase market, then you still want to capture some sales at full price.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love that art style. I wish they would make character models out of it instead of the chibi shit.