• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Just confirmed in the Treehouse section.

Basically the main story is 50h-60h long and if you take into account all the sidequests, you'll need 80 to 100 hours to complete the game.

So yeah, it looks like the meaty JRPG everyone was looking for.

EDIT : Some clarifications :

- It's 50-60 hours to complete the main story for the 8 characters. You can do the 8 story lines in one run thanks to the Taverns. Indeed, by going to a Tavern you can play the initial chapters of your party members. Therefore, you can complete the game in less than that if you think that 50-60h is too long.

The structure of the game is really open so everyone should be able to enjoy it in its own way.

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
But is it worth $60?

/s

Can this info finally kill this argument please

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Same question that in the other thread :
Do you think that the entirety of the game is solving every protagonist personal quest ?
Do you think that, once you have completed everyone's personal mission, you have a new quest where everyone is involved ?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I don't usually like long games like that, but due to the portable nature I managed to at least finish Xenoblade 2, which is super rare for me. Here's hoping this can sustain itself.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Also the demo releasing tomorrow for those that haven't heard yet has all 8 characters playable and save data is transferred to the main game when it releases.

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope it'll be a good game and not like Bravely Default which was pretty enough art wise and looked interesting in battle but loses steam quickly

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I still don't get how the characters work.

Do you pick one character and when done you replay with another character like the First Saga Frontier?
Or do you switch characters in say chapters like the first half of Suikoden 3?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody really knows.
ok.

Uncharted could also at some point come to a Nintendo or Microsoft Plattform....Nobody really knows.

This can be said for pretty much every title and isnt really helpful. The game is a Switch exclusive for now and Nintendo is publishing it - the likelihood of it showing up somewhere else are rather low - see BD.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I saw it on stream and will likely buy it. It's really nice and reminds me of xenosaga with the break system.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I still don't get how the characters work.

Do you pick one character and when done you replay with another character like the First Saga Frontier?
Or do you switch characters in say chapters like the first half of Suikoden 3?
You pick a character, and they have their own campaign in which they will eventually meet up with the 7 other characters. We do know each character has their own motivation and seemingly their own main enemy in their own campaign, so unlikely that the campaigns all become the same overarching main story. Once you meet up with a character, you can talk to them in the inn which will allow you to play their own story missions so that you don't need to have 8 save files to experience everything.

The big question is how levels will work out though. In the trailers, you can see these inn talks give a level recommendation, which means you are bringing in your current levels to go do these stories. So I want to know if you you are doing the 8th's character 1st chapter, is it going to be a cakewalk lvl30 vs lv 2's? if so then i might just play the game with 2, 4 or 8 saves lol. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if the stories don't overlap much, and the game looks amazing so i kinda want to replay it anyways lol.

typhy

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
it's actually 9 hours long but you have to play it through 6 times to see the whole story

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought this games main problem would be its length, turns out its just perfect

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Main story means playing all 8 campaigns to completion right?
I still dont get how its structured.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dang. Way longer than I expected. Will probably still get it, but it does give me some pause. I'll really only play it portably (looks bad to me on my big screen) and I don't game portably a ton so this will take me ages to get through.