• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy SE is taking PC more and more seriously. Now, DQB2 on Steam, when?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i hope it has the most important setting

Depth of Field OFF

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be cool if you can remove all these effects. Also having Full HD resolutions available will make the pixel art stand out

Jun 30, 2018
I sit awake at night praying to the gods above that this doesn't become a EPIC store exclusive......and it has native 21:9 support...a man can dream.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
This would be perfect for the Switch!

tenor.gif

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Looks 1080 and not upscaled? Sprites look chunky. Docked they look blurry on Switch.

Lessening the brutal DOF and lighting will do wonders for the IQ of the game as well.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe people aren't respecting the artistic vision of the developer here and thinking about removing the post effecrs. You aren't only breaking the game, you're also breaking yourself. It's sad that you can't tell the difference.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about this one, didn't know it was coming to Steam.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't finished all 8 stories on Switch I would have double dipped, all that is left is the secret ultimate boss and the immense grind it requires.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Looks great, Switch was a little more blurry (it looked great anyway) but it was kind of obvious that it was sub-1080p.

I'm not going to play the Steam version though, as much as I liked the gameplay, graphics and music, the main plot was barebones and the structure really repetitive. I'd like to play a sequel that tries a more traditional approach to story-telling or a better version of what OT tried, and hopefully the next game will be on PC day one.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, Switch was a little more blurry (it looked great anyway) but it was kind of obvious that it was sub-1080p.
I can't find any screenshots larger than 720p, so I'm guessing that was the games max resolution on Switch. The screenshots make it looks like the hud was updated to look crisp at 1080p.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I can't find any screenshots larger than 720p, so I'm guessing that was the games max resolution on Switch. The screenshots make it looks like the hud was updated to look crisp at 1080p.
As the game tried to imitate the retro style, the 720p resolution is not that bad (world map was kind of blurry though) but I can't help to think that the same game should de able to run at 1080p on the Switch. If the next game comes first to the Switch as a console exclusive (I think it will, considering how well the first one sold and the partnership with Nintendo to publish the game in the west) it would be nice to see a good res. upgrade.

Deleted member 38361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Will definitely support this. With that being said, Mods... (a stretch I know) Chrono Trigger in this engine.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Can't believe this is coming to PC, but absolutely buying this game as someone who likes RPG games and doesn't own a Switch.

Glad to see the developer putting more games on PC, now if only they started bringing more Dragon Quest games other than the latest...