• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

The version for iOS and Android has just been announced and will be released within 2019. It will be titled Octopath Traveler: Tairiku no Hasha, which translates into "Champions of the Continent."

The game will retain its HD-2D graphics, and will mostly operate in the same way as the original on Switch, even if the controls have been adapted in order to be easy to use on smart devices, with the implementation of the touch screen.

One of the main departures from the original is that the number of characters participating in battle has been increased to eight. There will also be additional characters.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/03/octopath-traveler-announced-mobile

Last edited:

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
Well, now Switch has the "console exclusive thing", but it's a nice catch bringing the awesome RPG to mobile

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of reused assests, but that's not the same game... Right? I definitely didn't have 8 characters at once.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
i really want to play this...but i cannot bring myself to purchase and pay the money after hearing the characters almost dont even interact with each other. i mean, its called OCTOpath traveler for heavens sake!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like prequel? Says it takes place few years before the events of the Switch version..

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
Well, now Switch has the "console exclusive thing", but it's a nice catch bringing the awesome RPG to mobile

Ops! This is not the same game that debuted on Nintendo Switch. It's described as "A brand-new single player Octopath Traveler is coming to iOS & Android". I guess that will have micro-transactions as well...

ArcaneFreeze

Oct 27, 2017
Probably should be clarified that it's a new mobile game cause that's definitely not the same as the Switch version

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this appears to be a new spinoff using the same environments, not a port.

Really curious to learn more.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
This is not a port of Octopath Traveler, this is a new game in the franchise exclusively for smartphones. Same style and systems, same world, different characters and story.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
How did the Bravely mobile game perform? I never really heard anyone mention it, so I just assumed it was dodgy and failed.

Weird move.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Fwiw, this is not a paid app either. It's a free to play game with microtransactions. So maybe expect something closer to the mobile Bravely Default. Hopefully higher effort.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Wow it took less than 10 months for it to jump ship from Switch but mobile makes sort of sense.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love this. It looks like all new characters with the same world and probably mostly the same enemies.

I'm 100% all over this as long as the game isn't microtransactioned to shit.

Also, a mod should edit the title that this isn't a port but an all new game.