• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Not my type of game, though i only have a PC and a Switch. Its good that PC gamers, who are on the fence about owning this will have a chance to play it. I as a PC player rather have kingdom hearts on my platform but hey baby steps, right?

resetoeros1

May 30, 2018
looks like they had some involvement in the localization

screenshot2019-04-05acxjkv.png
Then what this maybe means it is that it surely will release in PC but just in Japan/Asia? Not international release, right?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then what this maybe means it is that it surely will release in PC but just in Japan/Asia? Not international release, right?
it can still come to the west too, but they just may need to license the localization from nintendo. it's not the first time that has happened (happened with sega and bayo 1), so i won't be surprised if it happens. nintendo, like other first parties, aren't totally against agreeing to some stuff being put on pc. it's when it comes to other consoles that they may hesitate.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I always dig when console companies don't mind if their exclusives are on PC. I wouldn't hold my breath yet tho, could be a release specially made for said territory, I wouldn't be surprised if they fill it with all sorts of microtransactions aimed at said market (let's hope I'm just overreacting lol).

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Well the EGS doesn't have any Japanese developed games as far as far as I'm aware, so will this be it's first one?/s

Also I am one of those few people that didn't really like the game. The story/characters/world interaction is what I didn't like about it. I know that's it's crazy and a lot of work but I would have really liked it of the order that you okay the game mattered, nice to me the 8 heroes just feel like random NPC and are treated as such.

Does the story for a character, saves some one's life and that some one tells them they will never forget it, 10 minutes later that NPC acts like nothing happened and just says "welcome to such and such". This is just an example and not really a spoiler thing since I can't remember the story that well (is that my fault or the stories fault??). The only time an NPC will treat you differently is if you are the hero of that story and you use the path actions thing, which is one of it's more unique features. Hell in some games like DQ8 and DQ7 from what I recall (the 3DS games anyway) NPC will tell you different things depending on who is leading the party, which I thought was really cool.

I must have missed this big time but was there a way for your party members to talk to each other during a quest line because from what I recall you could not and it felt like your party was just together and we're only together because they asked for help or something like that. Didn't DQ7 have a thing where after talking to an NPC you could immediately talk to your party and get their opinion about the matter (I thought this was a great feature)

This is one game that I can say I would not double dip on.

Edit: Because of the whole lack of party Interaction (or me not knowing how to get to it) games like RDR2 felt more like a proper RPG game because of that and boy it sure did feel like RDR2 has a lot!!! Of dialogue and character interactions, which sort of sucks about OT since I would have imagined that was one of the things it would focus more on

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's at 1.5M on switch, i doubt it can get to 500k on pc.

The switch version is still selling too, in the end it probably will reach 2 mio.

Hopefully this helps fund a sequel.

I think the sequel is already in the works, the game was a huge success for what it is. It's still a good thing that more players can experience it, would be fine as a time-exclusive game anyway, SE should bring it on Steam for the west, guess that will happen in the future.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at chapter 3 of all the characters yet I would double dip and start from zero on PC in a heart beat ( well except if it went EGS exclusive ) if someone mod in the ability to get every Party Banter regardless of the party composition, and shared xp outside of party ( or do it manually with cheat engine I guess cheat engine ).

Deleted member 47318

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Personal attacks and antagonizing other members
Good to see this is finally out in the open. So many on here doubted me just because the original release was published by Nintendo in the West, or because they simply wanted it to stay exclusive. Piston mazi Monolithsoft Glio Jarmusch Oregano

Funny how that gets one warned for "platform warring" just because people don't like it, or even banned a day for trolling when it concerns currently still PS4 exclusives. TheLastOne DeckardWintermute

Oh well, on to the other supposedly "forever exclusive and totally fully owned by platform holder" titles. Bloodborne, Spidey, Daemon x Machina and SMT V await~

And I've even been pleasantly surprised by Halo and Persona 5, neither of which I knew was coming

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see what this ends up on. Looks like PC (in the West) is a somewhat safe assumption and I hope it does well on whatever platforms it's released on. Hopefully we can get a sequel on consoles soon.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see this is finally out in the open. So many on here doubted me just because the original release was published by Nintendo in the West, or because they simply wanted it to stay exclusive. Piston mazi Monolithsoft Glio Jarmusch Oregano

Funny how that gets one warned for "platform warring" just because people don't like it, or even banned a day for trolling when it concerns currently still PS4 exclusives. TheLastOne DeckardWintermute

Oh well, on to the other supposedly "forever exclusive and totally fully owned by platform holder" titles. Bloodborne, Spidey, Daemon x Machina and SMT V await~

And I've even been pleasantly surprised by Halo and Persona 5, neither of which I knew was coming
This is the stupidest console warrior post I've seen. Get a grip

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

weird that you would remember my name, i had to search your user and when i have replied to you to remember who you are.
you kept port begging the game for ps4, which still isn't likely to happen. this is a pc version, which is a completely different thing. it may still come, who knows.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
This would be great. I've wanted to play the game, but will probably never get a Switch. Hopefully it comes to all areas on PC.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Who the hell are you

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
weird that you would remember my name, i had to search your user and when i have replied to you to remember who you are.
you kept port begging the game for ps4, which still isn't likely to happen. this is a pc version, which is a completely different thing. it may still come, who knows.
Who the hell are you
Hey friends! Honored to be named with you!

I seem to remember saying it was a long shot because it never happened with Bravely Default and that Octopath was in a similar situation. I am willing to admit I might have been wrong... no reason to be vengeful about it though!

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I have no idea who this was and what he's even talking about, and I was quoted.
I feel like this guy is coming from an alternate dimension or something.

Oh well...

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

This is some next level pathetic console warrior shit.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Portbegging, previous warnings
Any chance this will ever come to ps4? I prefer trophies but will vote for switch version maybe as there's a sale currently

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so, unreal fest europe is happening soon, and tomorrow there's a presentation about octopath, the official octopath twitter account has also posted about it. any chance this pc port may get announced there?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
XV has actual party interaction at least, still haven't gotten too far into the switch version so definitely putting that aside knowing this is coming.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks to be a similar situation than Nioh. Months of exclusivity, published in the West by Sony/Nintendo, PC only rerelease.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
XV has actual party interaction at least, still haven't gotten too far into the switch version so definitely putting that aside knowing this is coming.

So does Octopath, lol. XV is a game almost entirely about party interaction, though, which is indeed the opposite of Octopath.

Why are we comparing the games, though? They're rather different.

Octopath has 8 fully-told in-game stories, whereas XV has 0; Octopath has 24 explorable towns, whereas XV has 0. Boom, got it? (I'm not really being serious, although those are notable areas where XV is acutely lacking compared to its predecessors.)

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
XV hate brigade was going so I was jumping into the irrelevancy, so there's no point in further going with it.

Will buy unless it's egs exclusive and given Square Enix hasn't done so yet I'll remain hopeful

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so, unreal fest europe is happening soon, and tomorrow there's a presentation about octopath, the official octopath twitter account has also posted about it. any chance this pc port may get announced there?

Unreal Fest is a UE4 specific conference, so it would be weird if any devs made a port announcement there. Probably going to be a "here's how we made out graphics" panel, in a similar manner to the Kingdom Hearts 3 GDC talk.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unreal Fest is a UE4 specific conference, so it would be weird if any devs made a port announcement there. Probably going to be a "here's how we made out graphics" panel, in a similar manner to the Kingdom Hearts 3 GDC talk.
i know it's not really a place to announce games, i just thought they may hint towards a pc port as a side note. you're right tho, it's best not to expect anything from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.