• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
From Gematsu.
The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated Octopath Traveler for PC.

The PC version is listed as published by Bandai Namco, which regularly publishes Square Enix titles in Korea.

The RPG first launched for Switch worldwide in July 2018. A smartphone prequel called Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent is currently in development.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/04/octopath-traveler-rated-for-pc-in-korea#xyPVOOlB1Bmboxq7.99

Is it the prequel which was announced for mobile last month, possibly?

Lock if old.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Found this on twitter

Korean rating board

cWVlvNk.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Might be the prequel, I'm down for whatever, either way.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, even though I own this on Switch, and I've always been a big supporter of Nintendo and their exclusives. I think 3rd party exclusives should really end. Games are so easy to port now and days, especially ones like this that are made in Unreal Engine (and other popular engines like Unity), developers should be looking to bring their games to every gamer they can reach and leave the console platform owners to make/produce their own exclusives.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Cool, would be a great way for more players to experience it. Wonder if this means it will still be a Switch console exclusive?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Was the prequel even announced on PC ? Also why would Bamco publish a free to play game for SE ? I expect it to be the Switch game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine it's the prequel given they wouldn't be rating it this early right?

Not to mention if it was going to get a PC/browser version, it would have made sense to announce that alongside the mobile version.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This has to be the switch game for a simple reason: Namco Bandai is listed as publisher and they did publisher Octopath in Asia.

A F2P game won't need Namco Bandai as a publisher.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Was the prequel even announced on PC ? Also why would Bamco publish a free to play game for SE ? I expect it to be the Switch game.

Bandai Namco is the publisher/distributor for select Square Enix games in some Southeast Asia/Asian countries.

For example, prior to selling back the IP to IO Interactive, Hitman was published by Bandai Namco in Asia instead of Square Enix themselves.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This has to be the switch game for a simple reason: Namco Bandai is listed as publisher and they did publisher Octopath in Asia.

A F2P game won't need Namco Bandai as a publisher.
Yeah, makes sense.

Hopefully you can tone down the aggressive vignetting on PC.
I didn't mind it. It fits with the artstyle.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
losing exclusives is not a good thing... I can accept this only if the switch gets nier automata in return hehe

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco is the publisher/distributor for select Square Enix games in some Southeast Asia/Asian countries.

For example, prior to selling back the IP to IO Interactive, Hitman was published by Bandai Namco in Asia instead of Square Enix themselves.

Oh I heard of that. My reasoning is if it was a mobile f2p title, SE would likely publish it themselves. The fact that it's Bamco shows it might be more of a full fledged release.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wonder if it will come purely to PC or PS4/XBO as well.

You can already choose a toned down version on Switch.
Nintendo is the publisher in the West, so it's possible that they have exclusivity there. As such, they could only release on other systems in Asia, I think. Maybe that's why they chose PC only? Since the Asian market is quite PC-oriented?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
And someone promised me here a few days ago that Octopath Traveler will be forever Switch exclusive and only the PS4 is losing exclusives xD

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Nintendo is the publisher in the West, so it's possible that they have exclusivity there. As such, they could only release on other systems in Asia, I think. Maybe that's why they chose PC only? Since the Asian market is quite PC-oriented?

Asia is PC oriented but i highly doubt that they will lock EU and NA for the PC version.
For example, Sony was the publisher for Nioh in the west but the PC version was available ww digitally.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Oh damn, already own it on Switch so i won't buy it again, but more people playing it would be fine.
Im going to guess if this is real, that Nintendo don't want it on PS4/XO, but after a year could care less about PC & Square see some easy money, it's an UE4 game so making a PC version would be easy.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's Square Enix, 2019 for PC, 2020 for PS4 and 2021 for Xbox One.

Too accurate.

It's also possible that Nintendo has loosened their grip is going to allow PC versions like Sony does with games like Ni-Oh or Street Fighter V.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im going to guess if this is real, that Nintendo don't want it on PS4/XO, but after a year could care less about PC & Square see some easy money, it's an UE4 game so making a PC version would be easy.
yeah that's what i feel like is going on. like other console exclusives coming to pc after a year. not sure if ps4/xbo ports are doable.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
assuming nintendo's exclusivity was 1 year, we can expect this for july 2019.
I doubt they only asked for one year exclusivity considering they published the game in the west and handled all the marketing.

They might have re-negotiated the terms allowing SE to bring the game earlier to other plattform for exclusivity on Octopath Travelers 2 ....but even then 1 year would be too short.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they only asked for one year exclusivity considering they published the game in the west and handled all the marketing.

They might have re-negotiated the terms allowing SE to bring the game earlier to other plattform for exclusivity on Octopath Travelers 2 ....but even then 1 year would be too short.
i'm only talking about a digital PC port, nintendo won't care about that a whole lot.
they gave sega permission to use their japanese dub of bayonetta in the steam version.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Like Nioh? Why would it be too short?

Status
Not open for further replies.