• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenichiwak

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I went with Best Buy in store pickup again, did the same for Quest 1 with no issues. Just saw my order is in "preparing for pickup on Tuesday".

Just give it to me now BB I won't snitch on ya :P

Course I won't be able to do anything with it till then anyhow going off a couple reddit posts that got theirs early, which require an update for initial setup that hasn't been pushed yet.
As someone who received theirs from bestbuy on Saturday. Without the day one activation it is not that exciting... yet. Can't wait for Tuesday though

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
VD people have outright said that at this time there is zero reason to upgrade to wifi 6 for it. You will not see any improvements over any other decent router.

Not exactly, you have more bands available with higher end routers, so you can dedicate a certain band just to the Quest and get better performance. So for example you could use WiFi 6 only for the Quest 2, with a WiFi 6 router, and that would likely make a big difference. You could also keep your old router and dedicate one of your two routers exclusively to the Quest.

Generally faster routers have faster processors and are a bit smoother as well, though this difference probably only matters if you have other wireless traffic on your network at the same time as the Quest.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, my Quest 1 is a paperweight now. It's stuck in an endless loop of describing the new policy and asking me to log in with Oculus or Facebook and I can't do anything else with it until that starts working.