• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Been using these with no issues at all.

Thanks for the advice, I couldn't find the CableCreation USB3 extension cable on Amazon.ca for some reason, so I searched around and found this one :

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/product/B00AA0U08M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it works perfectly! So with this + my already working Anker cable, I can now play Oculus Link in the room I dedicated to VR!

Played 2 games yesterday and it was working very well! I'm pumped

Murdock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So if I wanted to play assetto corsa in vr, do I buy it on steam then use the link? Is this the best way? Sorry Im very new with vr but would like to try out racing games but there isnt any on the quest. Thanks

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
So if I wanted to play assetto corsa in vr, do I buy it on steam then use the link? Is this the best way? Sorry Im very new with vr but would like to try out racing games but there isnt any on the quest. Thanks

I would buy it on Steam (although I'd wait for one of the sales... it's always on sale).

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are lots of Quests in my Media Markt and I am thinking about getting one. For link I would have to upgrade my PC though (760, 4th generation Intel i5, 8GB RAM) and that would cost a bit more, he. Is the quest standalone also cool so far?

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There are lots of Quests in my Media Markt and I am thinking about getting one. For link I would have to upgrade my PC though (760, 4th generation Intel i5, 8GB RAM) and that would cost a bit more, he. Is the quest standalone also cool so far?
Standalone Quest is definitely worth it. Just get it and maybe worry about the Link and a PC upgrade some day in the future. There are many games like Superhot and Beat Sabre that just feel 100x better to play without being tethered to a PC or PS4.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering the same thing. From what I've seen, Vacation Simulator is better. The question is it $10 more better?

I also have Job Simulator on my PSVR but I've hardly touched it.

I received Job Simulator for as part of the pack-ins with my Vive and felt the same way. Personally, I was way too bored to put more than an hour into it.

Vacation Simulator actually looks kind of interesting in that they're "simulating" activities that were actually supposed to be fun (ie vacation activities). If I were going to buy one, it's definitely the one I'd go with.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone was curious what was in the greenday pack

• "American Idiot"
  • "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
  • "Father of All..."
  • "Fire, Ready, Aim"
  • "Holiday"
  • "Minority"

oh and also the 360 songs are coming out tonight

Easy

• "Beat Saber"
  • "I Need You"
  • "Till It's Over" (Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "Turn Me On"

Normal

• "$100 Bills"
  • "Believer" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)
  • "Commercial Pumping"
  • "Father of All..." (Green Day Music Pack)
  • "Immortal"
  • "Origins"

Hard

• "Believer" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)
  • "Crab Rave"
  • "High Hopes" (Panic! At The Disco Music Pack)
  • "Holiday" (Green Day Music Pack)
  • "Legend"
  • "Thunder" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)

Expert

• "Country Rounds"
  • "Emperor's New Clothes" (Panic! At The Disco Music Pack)
  • "EPIC" (Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "LVL Insane"
  • "Origins"
  • "Unlimited Power"

Expert+

• "Balearic Pumping"
  • "Breezer"
  • "Glide" (Rocket League Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "Origins"
  • "Overkill" (Monstercat Music Pack)

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, recent Rift S owner here, but very excited about all VR, Quest, PSVR, PCVR etc, so I made a place to chat about VR for era people because I couldn't find one.
Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content
Post in thread or reply to reveal discord link

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
alright just got done playing the new update in beat saber.
first off I like their new menu design. it should make custom songs and future dlc cleaner.
I love that they added a favorites option and full playlist option as well.
I hate that they still didn't add a native random song option to those as I would love to be able to play a random song across my entire library.

now for a little bit on the dlc.

the greenday pack seems well mapped, but it's censored. Not that I really expected it not to be, and not that there is much to censor with the song choices just a single fuck. (unless I'm missing something in the other songs but I think it's just broken dreams with a missing thing) it seems to come with "two" new stages. One for the american idiot songs with the iconic heart and one without that for the other songs

and the other bit of this update... the 360/90 songs.
O_O so fun.
I feel like they might be a pain in the ass if you have a cord if it's not hanging from above you though. I was playing on the quest so wireless freedom but some of the songs I'm pretty sure turned me at least 540 which would require me to reposition the cord in the middle. I imagine the 90 degree stuff will be fine (I didn't bother with that)

"Emperor's New Clothes" (Panic! At The Disco Music Pack) at the expert level had my favorite moment in the 360
with bombs flying at you from every direction at once

I do recommend people start on some of the easier songs as picking up all the new tracks and understanding the flow of the notes in 360 is similar to when you start out. You don't need long on the easier tracks to work your way back up, but I feel it helped quite a bit as it took me a few songs to get used to actually glancing around for notes. But in general the lighting and what not guides you well.

edit: oops I missed american idiot was in the pack. I'm sure that one was censored as well lol.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a bit. Can anyone tell me what the current state of custom songs for Beat Saber is? I've installed over 100 songs with Side Quest a few months ago, and therefore am hesitant to update BS since it might break compatibility. Also, are there custom songs for the 360 mode?

May 30, 2018
I've been out of the loop for a bit. Can anyone tell me what the current state of custom songs for Beat Saber is? I've installed over 100 songs with Side Quest a few months ago, and therefore am hesitant to update BS since it might break compatibility. Also, are there custom songs for the 360 mode?
yeah, also curious how the updates are handled. i installed custom songs as of mid-november - are the modders usually quick-ish to update? i assume there's no concern of the Beat Saber accidentally updating to an unsupported version since the APK was re-signed in the process.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Tried out the link with Asgard's Wrath last night and was really struck at how amazing AW is.

Getting used to having a cable again sucked though but AW is very much worth it.
The tavern at the beginning itself, I must have been there for more than half an hour just staring at things.

How do I get steam vr working? Do i just download steam vr and run it? will it detect the quest and start working?

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
Ok, Studioform impressions! My 'Enthusiast Kit' arrived today which includes both the counterweight wrap (which currently has 4 taped together AA batteries in it) & deluxe strap (which rests on your head under the normal strap and fixes to the top with velcro). I have used it for a couple of hours and I am really happy with it.

xm0It3A.jpg

WA5prby.jpg

The quest has quite frankly been at best uncomfortable and at worst painful since I have had it, I think the longest I have previously played in one go was about 45 mins. I have just played Thumper this evening for an hour and a half and could have easily carried on if I had more time. It took a bit of tweaking to get the fit just right (I basically needed to let out the top strap pretty far) but the padding now makes it so pressure is even (and soft) & the front heaviness is distributed properly over the head.

To be honest, I find it really hard to trust youtube reviews for Quest & VR gear due to the amount of positive reviews there seems to be for complimentary products. As someone who went and purchased this though...it has made the Quest really comfortable to use and means I will be able to use the headset for longer sessions going forward which is really exciting. Playing Thumper was probably the most immersed I have been using the Quest as I was not having to adjust the headset every few minutes.

Also...Thumper is just excellent, very much worth a go at the current steam sale price.
I'm really happy with mine too! It takes so much pressure off my face.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
given an update was pushed last night.... completely broken.
given the update pushed new ways to play songs as well as new menus... I would expect it to take at least a week for modding to come back... but alas I could be totally wrong. I haven't checked this morning to find out.

either way up until the update modding was still going fine just with a bit more steps involved since beat on died. BMBF is what you are looking for now.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
How are the Green Day songs? I like them well enough but I mean note patterns and such.

I didn't buy imagine dragons or panic since I can't really stand those songs. I love the rocket league tracks though

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How are the Green Day songs? I like them well enough but I mean note patterns and such.

I didn't buy imagine dragons or panic since I can't really stand those songs. I love the rocket league tracks though
the bit I played seemed well mapped. (granted I played more of the pack in 360 mode than not :P)
The rocket league songs are the only DLC I don't own as most of the sounds sound super obnoxious to me lol.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out the link with Asgard's Wrath last night and was really struck at how amazing AW is.

Getting used to having a cable again sucked though but AW is very much worth it.
The tavern at the beginning itself, I must have been there for more than half an hour just staring at things.

How do I get steam vr working? Do i just download steam vr and run it? will it detect the quest and start working?

Link makes the computer think it's a Rift so when you start a game with Steam VR it will just work.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is there a way to force game updates? I didn't get the Green Day / 90 / 360 degree stuff yet and couldn't find it anywhere. In my library it said everything was up to date.

I'm not using any sort of mods.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to force game updates? I didn't get the Green Day / 90 / 360 degree stuff yet and couldn't find it anywhere. In my library it said everything was up to date.

I'm not using any sort of mods.
There is.... but you will lose all your scores :P

I wasn't getting the update so I deleted and reinstalled the game which gave me the update 28 hours ago.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I got the update... Hand tracking is VERY impressive.

Bit meh on the Green day track pack for Beat Saber. All rubbish songs, nothing from Dookie or Nimrod. BOOOO.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Ha, just tried hand tracking myself.
Man I want wait for more stuff to use this well.

Navigating the menu felt like Minority Report haha.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, just tried hand tracking myself.
Man I want wait for more stuff to use this well.

Navigating the menu felt like Minority Report haha.
hand tracking was okay. it wasn't worth breaking my oculus link that was properly working though.

I have it mostly working again but the current beta version completely screws with beat saber (everything else works fine) but alas I also have beat saber on the quest so it's not a big deal lol.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
given an update was pushed last night.... completely broken.
given the update pushed new ways to play songs as well as new menus... I would expect it to take at least a week for modding to come back... but alas I could be totally wrong. I haven't checked this morning to find out.

either way up until the update modding was still going fine just with a bit more steps involved since beat on died. BMBF is what you are looking for now.
Thanks for the info. Looks like BMBF is the way to go, and apparently it's been updated for the latest version of BS :)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So, Oculus Link used to work flawlessly for me, but yesterday I was going to try it again for the first time in 2 weeks, plugged my headset in, got the prompt to start the mode... and then nothing. The Oculus App on PC says that "An Updated Version of the Oculus App is Required" and gives me a button to update the thing, but the button doesn't do anything. I uninstalled the software and did a fresh download/install, but that didn't fix it. My headset is the most recent firmware, I updated the phone app, power-cycled both the PC and the Headset... nothing seems to be working.
Anyone else having an issue?

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
So, Oculus Link used to work flawlessly for me, but yesterday I was going to try it again for the first time in 2 weeks, plugged my headset in, got the prompt to start the mode... and then nothing. The Oculus App on PC says that "An Updated Version of the Oculus App is Required" and gives me a button to update the thing, but the button doesn't do anything. I uninstalled the software and did a fresh download/install, but that didn't fix it. My headset is the most recent firmware, I updated the phone app, power-cycled both the PC and the Headset... nothing seems to be working.
Anyone else having an issue?

Try this. I had to do the same thing:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
THANK YOU THIS WORKED
I will add to this if for some reason beat saber stops working right via pc, but everything else works because you updated your nvidia drivers (for me it was on a gtx 1070) as well you will need to use ddu https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2608 via safe mode with your internet unplugged as well as snag your latest driver again

aka Boot into safe mode, unplug ethernet, run DDU (it will reboot automatically), install driver, reboot and then reconnect ethernet

but alas ideally I was the only one having issues with that lol

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally got one and have been playing around, I gotta save money so likely I won't be buying any games anytime soon but just playing the demos and experiences is fun enough to keep me entertained for a while. Does the oculus store get better sales than the current game awards one?

Still seeing what's normal and what isn't, since it's the first headset I actually own instead of using others

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh.

So I noticed there was an update for Oculus TV and clicked on it. Takes me to the store page and first thing I notice is what lousy reviews it has (no surprise). But the top review talks about how update 11 ruined the app. You used to be able to look at the ceiling, hold the Oculus button, and it switched to a void environment and you were allowed to customize your screen size.

WTF? How was this not documented? And why was it removed? I hated using the app because I wanted a dark environment. I can't believe it was hidden in there (and is now gone):(

I realize there are other apps, but this is the only app that can play Android apps. It sucks it's such a lousy environment for those.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
forums.oculusvr.com

Oculus Link Resolution with v12

With the release of v12 for the Oculus PC runtime, we now allow overriding the default Oculus Link Resolution using the Oculus Debug Tool (ODT) which is located under the .\Support\oculus-diagnostics\ folder of the Oculus PC runtime install path (e.g. c:\program Files\Oculus). Keep in mind, this...

Thought it was worth posting the above...it's an official-ish guide for manually tweaking the Quests link resolution options.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet (away from PC at the moment) but have read that it can improve the visuals a fair amount provided you have the PC to push it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just won a 64gb model at a work party. So stoked to try it out when I get home.
damn nice.
there are a few decent demos on the thing, but hands down I recommend starting with Beat Saber and Superhot as full games.
there is a beat saber demo but it's rather meh as beat saber doesn't really click until you can do hard, and it's far more enjoyable building up to hard when you have more songs.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Link makes the computer think it's a Rift so when you start a game with Steam VR it will just work.

Awesome! I'm just waiting for the end of the year steam sale so I can rebuild my vr collection.

Asgarth's Wrath is gorgeous. I'm still in awe of the game. I'll try the tweak to the link resolutions people have posted.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! I'm just waiting for the end of the year steam sale so I can rebuild my vr collection.

Asgarth's Wrath is gorgeous. I'm still in awe of the game. I'll try the tweak to the link resolutions people have posted.
don't be afraid to look at other stores such as humble bundle and green man gaming. Most of my VR collection has come from those at a significantly cheaper price than steam itself.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
forums.oculusvr.com

With the release of v12 for the Oculus PC runtime, we now allow overriding the default Oculus Link Resolution using the Oculus Debug Tool (ODT) which is located under the .\Support\oculus-diagnostics\ folder of the Oculus PC runtime install path (e.g. c:\program Files\Oculus). Keep in mind, this...

Thought it was worth posting the above...it's an official-ish guide for manually tweaking the Quests link resolution options.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet (away from PC at the moment) but have read that it can improve the visuals a fair amount provided you have the PC to push it.

Thanks a bunch for posting this.

I recently installed a 1TB NVMe drive and haven't gotten around to getting Link back working. I wasn't even sure if encode resolution was being affected, or if it was just some fancy SS options. This finally explains things.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
forums.oculusvr.com

Glad they are adding this, probably will wait to use it after they simplify it as I'm not really computer fluent. I noticed Edge of Nowhere looks very low res on my quest, I'm running on a 2080ti and think it could look better as other games look sharp.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
QUIET SHADOW DROP. STAR TREK: BRIDGE CREW on QUEST TODAY.
WHAT???!!!! CHRISTMAS IS COMPLETE!!
sounds like linking the ubisoft account is a pain.
not surprising it's a pain on the ps4 and steam versions as well lol.

worst part about the steam version is if you start the game in VR, you never get a notification that you need to link accounts. it's only shown on your pc :P

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
After Oculus saying that hand tracking was available last week, I've been checking my Quest every day for the update. This afternoon it finally said it got an update.

I installed the update and..... there is no option for hand tracking in experimental settings. WTF? Did they pull this out if the update since last week?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
After Oculus saying that hand tracking was available last week, I've been checking my Quest every day for the update. This afternoon it finally said it got an update.

I installed the update and..... there is no option for hand tracking in experimental settings. WTF? Did they pull this out if the update since last week?
restart your quest