• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, fuck the dude who got assaulted.
Yep, fuck him. Trying to arrest an entire team for fucking cigars. Those kids didn't deserve that nonsense, not to mention how it might have escalated for them either given how police and the criminal justice system treat young black athletes. That pig is a piece of shit.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1. Yes it was dumb for OBJ to do that

2. The cop should have never been in there in the first place. Let them have their fun.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
The cop was being a douche, Odell was as well, but really? Arrest warrant? Gimme a fucking break.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
This cop really wants to lock some black athletes up
At least this time there's a shred of evidence the dude in question did the thing he is accused of.

If I slapped a cop's ass, I'd be arrested and I'm white. I don't get why people think OBJ should get to do it. Because he's famously a jackass? Naw. Not a good reason.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At least this time there's a shred of evidence the dude in question did the thing he is accused of.

If I slapped a cop's ass, I'd be arrested and I'm white. I don't get why people think OBJ should get to do it. Because he's famously a jackass? Naw. Not a good reason.
No I think its a good thing because he pulled that pig's attention off of young black athletes who dont have the resources or protections from police and the criminal justice system the same way obj does. He'll show up and pay his lawyer to take care of this and it will be a non issue. Those kids have so much more to lose, over fucking cigars.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a fucking horrible response.
No it's correct. The officer was just as wrong as Odell. He shouldn't have done it but the Officer shouldn't have been harassing the kids for no reason.

No I think its a good thing because he pulled that pig's attention off of young black athletes who dont have the resources or protections from police and the criminal justice system the same way obj does. He'll show up and pay his lawyer to take care of this and it will be a non issue. Those kids have so much more to lose, over fucking cigars.
I agree with you

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everyone rolling their eyes, please slap a cops ass next time you see one and report back

(don't do this)

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it's correct. The officer was just as wrong as Odell. He shouldn't have done it but the Officer shouldn't have been harassing the kids for no reason.

I agree with you
The officer should not have been harassing the students, but that doesn't make slapping someone's ass acceptable. Specifically the "why didn't he say anything in the moment" is a common tactic used to shut down harassment victims. It's bullshit.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
In that sense, you're totally right. The cigar thing is a total joke. But, um, don't hit the cops? Pretty basic rule that you'd think a black male would be very aware of.

On the other hand, half of them compromised their eligibility by taking piles of cash from OBJ, so let's not pretend he is a virtuous savior of these poor student athletes. He's a clown who sometimes can catch.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Wow cops need to chill the fuck out. It's in the super dome and they harassing kids in the locker room. Grow the fuck up. OBJ shouldn't have done that put you warn the dude and go on with your day. Simple battery? Wanted sexual assault? That is nuts. If it was a female officer than it would be a different matter.
Yes it would be a different matter.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There are two things very apparent from the news coming out of this game.

1) Odell is a fucking moron. Like literally dumb as rocks.
2) The cops were doing everything in their power to make the post-game miserable AF for the players. "No smoking or drinking" seriously? Like half the team is over 21. Sexual battery is just taking the piss, someone had a hair up their ass about the team all day long.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In that sense, you're totally right. The cigar thing is a total joke. But, um, don't hit the cops? Pretty basic rule that you'd think a black male would be very aware of.

On the other hand, half of them compromised their eligibility by taking piles of cash from OBJ, so let's not pretend he is a virtuous savior of these poor student athletes. He's a clown who sometimes can catch.
The first issue is something Obj can afford to face the consequences of, which is far better than having those kids face them. He'll pay the fine and do whatever community service and be fine.

The second issue is based on an incredibly arbitrary rule from the NCAA that I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about. Oh some kids got paid by a millionaire, THE HORROR!

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I actually have respect for OBJ on this.

Cop was harassing a kid for no fucking reason. OBJ gets the cop off the kid with a playful butt slap and focuses the cop on him instead of the kid.

Fuck that cop. According to the story, a cop came in minutes later saying there was no problem with smoking cigars. That fucking cop was going through the kids shit and everything.

It's bullshit and if Coach O had been around, he would have flipped his shit on the cop.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
they wanted to get him on sexual battery charges? lordamercy...

that poor security guard

I wish OBJ had smacked his ass literally off and onto the floor where it would sit looking sad

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Those of you who are not familiar with football: Players slap each other on the ass as a sign of joy and affection. It's about as common as spiking the ball into the ground after scoring.

Odell extended that "love" to the officer, who mistook the intention. Certainly he meant no harm by it.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Cop was harassing a kid for no fucking reason. OBJ gets the cop off the kid with a playful butt slap and focuses the cop on him instead of the kid.

Fuck that cop. According to the story, a cop came in minutes later saying there was no problem with smoking cigars. That fucking cop was going through the kids shit and everything.

It's bullshit and if Coach O had been around, he would have flipped his shit on the cop.
I wish the coach would have stepped in. Asked the cop what the fuck he was doing and not permit him to rifle through their shit with no cause.

Coach failed the kids here IMO.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're in a locker room of the national champions after the game.

Your ass is not safe from a slapping I thought this was common knowledge.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

And he has the money to deal with this and the kid can celebrate til he realizes he still plays for free

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Those of you who are not familiar with football: Players slap each other on the ass as a sign of joy and affection. It's about as common as spiking the ball into the ground after scoring.

Odell extended that "love" to the officer, who mistook the intention. Certainly he meant no harm by it.
Lmao Odell had a "fuck you bitch" look on his face after the slap. I don't think I'd interpret it that way.

Cop was harassing his teammates in an emotionally heightened situation and he decided he had enough and this was the result.

Cop should have never been in there doing this in the first place, that much is clear.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they wanted to get him on sexual battery charges? lordamercy...

that poor security guard

That says more about the over-criminalization of everything in this country than the police/prosecutors. It's legit straight up the definition of misdemeanor sexual battery in LA
Misdemeanor sexual battery is the intentional touching of the breasts or buttocks of the victim by the offender using any instrumentality or any part of the body of the offender, directly or through clothing, or the intentional touching of the breasts or buttocks of the offender by the victim using any instrumentality or any part of the body of the victim, directly or through clothing, when the offender acts without the consent of the victim.
Fortunately, the judge isn't a fool but you shouldn't have to rely on that. Context matters

The only difference really though is you can get simple battery expunged which isn't important to Odell (but would be a life-changing difference for someone who wasn't rich)

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
C'mon OBJ, stop slapping asses! Also, hope nothing comes of the cash handed out. Those not leaving for the NFL will just have to give it back.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017

Did you watch the video? It's pretty clear that it is not a love slap...that was a stop harassing the kid slap. Still doesn't rise to a arrestable offense in that situation.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How'd you think you'd get on if you tried that on a cop? It is 100% an arrestable offence.
Well, if I smacked a cop on the ass during a locker room celebration, I'd probably just get a talkin' to.

But I'm white and not a black millionaire celebrity, so I can get away with that type of shit.

Anyone acting like Odell should be getting arrested or hauled to court over this are assholes.
Anyone acting like Odell should have known better and not done it, unfortunately, are just living in the real world.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
The first issue is something Obj can afford to face the consequences of, which is far better than having those kids face them. He'll pay the fine and do whatever community service and be fine.

The second issue is based on an incredibly arbitrary rule from the NCAA that I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about. Oh some kids got paid by a millionaire, THE HORROR!
I didn't know this was about what violations you cared about. I thought it was about a guy who broke at least two laws and gave a hundred players a chance to ignorantly break an NCAA rule that could ruin their entire future, all when he obviously knew better.

I have no concept of how people can see video evidence of a thing they themselves would be arrested over and then say, "Yeah, no, that's not a thing." Very similar to one of America's political parties, and proof that your biases are warping your treatment of the reality the rest of us have to live in. Which, wait, isn't that what we say is the problem with policing?

Oct 27, 2017
Pigs and rent-a-pigs needing to feel important.

Harassing and fucking around with black people just because.

Fucking disgusting that, as per usual, we have white people in this thread whitesplaining shit and defending cops when this type of shit happens all the time to black people and not white people.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Arrested for slapping a butt in a locker room? And people wonder why ppl think police are out of control

It's pretty blatant

He...slapped a cop's ass, bro.

Are we cool with reporters getting their asses slapped if they're in the locker room?

Pretty much and you have some here running to his defense, it's sad.

But at the end of the day, it is still sexual assault on an officer.

We shouldn't really be defending the other guy either

Oct 28, 2017
Why can't OBJ stop doing stupid shit?

Did you watch the video? It's pretty clear that it is not a love slap...that was a stop harassing the kid slap. Still doesn't rise to a arrestable offense in that situation.
You can be arrested for assault for spitting on someone. You can absolutely be arrested for slapping someone.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know this was about what violations you cared about. I thought it was about a guy who broke at least two laws and gave a hundred players a chance to ignorantly break an NCAA rule that could ruin their entire future, all when he obviously knew better.

I have no concept of how people can see video evidence of a thing they themselves would be arrested over and then say, "Yeah, no, that's not a thing." Very similar to one of America's political parties, and proof that your biases are warping your treatment of the reality the rest of us have to live in. Which, wait, isn't that what we say is the problem with policing?
Were on a discussion forum talking about what happened. I gave my opinion. Thats how it works. Ignorantly break NCAA rules that could ruin their life? Lmao no rule breaking of the NCAA is going to ruin these players lives, especially because the players he gave cash to were all leaving the NCAA anyway (not to mention the NCAA is an incredibly sordid organization that robs student athletes from the money they make their institutions). I also don't care about breaking a law to protect kids from an overzealous pig, with a criminal justice system that ACTUALLY will ruin their lives (unlike being paid by OBJ lol).

I didn't say its not a thing actually. You seem to be having trouble following my arguments. I said its a good thing he did what he did. The rest of that statement is just jumbled mush that doesn't mean anything to me so I have nothing further to add to that.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
How about we just stop being mentally-deficient and stop slapping each other uninvitedly on the ass altogether? It's toxic masculinity bullshit, regardless of gender. Sick of that shit.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Lot of double standards in here

Don't slap strangers butts. Just because the cop is a dumbass doesn't mean he is free for groping. Just because he is a man doesn't mean butt slapping is ok.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
He's mad dumb for doing this but man, I can't muster the effort or fake concern to think this is actually a big deal in the context of the situation. He'll lawyer up and pay his fine or whatever and it will be done.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were on a discussion forum talking about what happened. I gave my opinion. Thats how it works. Ignorantly break NCAA rules that could ruin their life? Lmao no rule breaking of the NCAA is going to ruin these players lives, especially because the players he gave cash to were all leaving the NCAA anyway (not to mention the NCAA is an incredibly sordid organization that robs student athletes from the money they make their institutions). I also don't care about breaking a law to protect kids from an overzealous pig, with a criminal justice system that ACTUALLY will ruin their lives (unlike being paid by OBJ lol).

I didn't say its not a thing actually. You seem to be having trouble following my arguments. I said its a good thing he did what he did. The rest of that statement is just jumbled mush that doesn't mean anything to me so I have nothing further to add to that.

The NFL punishes players for NCAA violations too because... reasons?

see: Terrelle Pryor

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I first heard about the story I thought "oh come on, it was probably a 'good game' celebratory slap. Get over yourself, cop."

then I saw the video. Clearly that's not what Odell was doing. I no longer feel bad for him. Come on dude, you should know better than that. Odell was trying so hard to make Monday night all about him. The cop is just telling the kid to put out his cigar in the locker room. If you don't like that the cop was doing that then fine. I think the cop should have left the kid alone too. But if you think that qualifies for harassment then you better believe slapping someone on the ass qualifies for battery.