• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fucking clown

Title made me think this was sexual harassment though, and it's actually just general tomfoolery

That's not the context though, as the video shows

He's just being a jackass, as usual
Slapping the ass of a reporter must be general tomfoolery too, gtfo. Don't touch another person and play it off as it was a joke or for fun

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
There was that whole situation with the Raptors GM after their Finals win. Cops constantly escalating shit when people are celebrating these big moments.

Even in a situation like that, it was not home field for the Raptors so you could always argue it was some bitter cop mad about the loss. This was the closest thing to a home game you could get for LSU. Cops in Toronto wouldn't be looking to nab people for smoking indoors.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slapping the ass of a reporter must be general tomfoolery too, gtfo. Don't touch another person and play it off as it was a joke or for fun

If you're not capable of discerning intent or context, sure, they're the same. Not every non-consensual contact is sexual in nature even if it involves the "breasts or buttocks"

and for the record, I didn't say it was all in good fun, nor did I defend him. I only said I expected a display of sexual aggression rather than simple physical aggression

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're not capable of discerning intent or context, sure, they're the same. Not every non-consensual contact is sexual in nature even if it involves the "breasts or buttocks"
Holy shit are you saying that there was context for a security guard to get his ass slapped just because he was inside a locker room, the fuck

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Some of y'all would shudder at what happens to cops when they get in to fuck up disperse public protestors. Considering that part of the point of Beckham Jr.'s action is to get the heat off his teammate this is a pretty tame response to a power-tripping ass in uniform.

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I'd normally say no butt slapping and this is harassment. But butt slapping in locker rooms and on football fields is literally a thing. Feels like context matters here. The again that video is more then the usual butt pat.

This wasn't a player slapping another teammate. And even then it doesn't mean everyone is okay with it.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Yikes...why the leap to defend this so quickly? First the embarrassing "I never do anything problematic" thread and now this...some people are so phony. So busy arguing over old details because it was a cop, while ignoring that the story has been updated to it being a security guard that was slapped on the rear end, not a cop (not that it matters).

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
And for what it's worth, there is a big difference between a woman (even if she was a cop) getting Ass slapped by a football player in a male dominated locker room and a male cop. That's not saying slapping people's asses is ***okay***, but the power dynamics here would not be the same if the situation was reversed.

additionally, the cop was already violating, and this violation of a slap on his ass shouldn't not requisite a disproportionate response like trying to send the man to jail.

You said it all better than I ever could.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Yikes...why the leap to defend this so quickly? First the embarrassing "I never do anything problematic" thread and now this...some people are so phony. So busy arguing over old details because it was a cop, while ignoring that the story has been updated to it being a security guard that was slapped on the rear end, not a cop (not that it matters).

Because a white cop (Turns out it was a security guard) is harassing a black young man for fucking existing.

Fuck him.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Because a white cop (Turns out it was a security guard) is harassing a black young man for fucking existing.

Fuck him.
Ok but this has nothing to do with the cop harassing them over cigars. This is a separate person.

This is why the news is so messed up, people run with details before they are confirmed.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Why is a fucking security guard power tripping at the team he's presumably supposed to be watching out for like that then?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even like Odell but even I and my Odell hate boner can see this cop and this story is bullshit. I'm glad he took the eyes from the kids and focused them on him. Fuck that cop and the horse he rode in on.

Also fuck the NCAA and it's dumb rules. You have some athletes barely able to even eat while the schools make hundreds of millions and pay coaches millions.

Nov 21, 2017
First things off the Superdome is not the official property of any of the colleges. Those teams are guests in the building treating staff inpropy touch staff is a big fuck up. Also smoking in those locker rooms can cause a fire alarm to go off, some of you know I work security in Orlando for sporting events. Change places with the cop with a security guard. Do they deserve that treatment?

Also, the cop could have been nice to the players than that. Why the hell his he even in there that security job, he is a waste of safety resource.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That was a dumb move. From the police department's point of view I can see why they'd want to use this moment to send a message. As much as I dislike how law enforcement tend to do their job in this country you can't expect to slap one on the ass and then clown about it and not have any repercussions.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I got suspended as a sophmore in High School, 23 years ago, for giving a dude a high five as I walked by him because he raised his hand right before I passed him in class.

He made a big deal about it to the teacher, his parents went to the principle and said I slapped the him which was assault.

I felt bad for the guy, he became a pariah at school because of that. I never interacted with him again after that because they changed my schedule.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I got suspended as a sophmore in High School, 23 years ago, for giving a dude a high five as I walked by him because he raised his hand right before I passed him in class.

He made a big deal about it to the teacher, his parents went to the principle and said I slapped the him which was assault.

I felt bad for the guy, he became a pariah at school because of that. I never interacted with him again after that because they changed my schedule.

portrait-of-michel-foucault-600x346.jpg

painey

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Modwhining
guy on the first page copped a 1 month ban for " downplaying sexual assault ". This was not sexual assault, and even a judge agreed.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to everyone that an actual Judge dismissed the sexual assault charge because it was groundless.

An actual judge.

Now it's about battery.

I don't think it was remotely sexual. I don't think the power tripping security guard did either. But a judge dismissing sexual assault frankly doesn't mean anything. Judges let rapists skate every day because they're good Ole boys or misogynysts or senile or support the wrong college team or you name it.

I also think the look on OBJ's face tells a story that isn't "hey sport" and that this being a national news story is sad at every level.