• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
An arrest warrant in New Orleans has been issued for Odell Beckham Jr. for simple battery after he slapped a police officer during LSU's national title celebration, according to multiple reports.

The 27-year-old Browns star receiver smacked the butt of a security guard who was chastising Tigers players in the Superdome locker room following LSU's 42-25 win over Clemson in the national title game on Monday night.
"We are aware of the incident and have been in touch with Odell and his representatives on the matter. They are cooperating with the proper authorities to appropriately address the situation," the Browns said in a statement.

A law enforcement source told NOLA.com that police pushed for a misdemeanor sexual battery charge, but that was declined by a judge. The incident appeared to be put on Instagram by LSU offensive lineman Andrew Magee and surfaced on multiple websites on Wednesday.
It's the second Beckham controversy that has surfaced in the aftermath of LSU's triumph. Beckham was also recorded handing money to players while celebrating on the field. After initially claiming that it was fake money, LSU admitted that that the cash was real.

"We are aware of the situation regarding Odell Beckham Jr. interacting with LSU student-athletes and others unaffiliated with the team following the championship game Monday night," the university said in a statement Wednesday. "Initial information suggested bills that were exchanged were novelty bills. Information and footage reviewed since shows apparent cash may have also been given to LSU student-athletes.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
User Banned (1 month): downplaying sexual assault
Insanity. Clearly a PR stunt /cash grab for this police department / community. He shouldn't have done it, but if the officer really felt like he was assaulted, why didn't he confront OBJ about this the moment it happened?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Odell is a massive idiot and acted like a massive idiot after that LSU win and this wasn't even the worst thing he did. Still getting arrested for this seems dumb, but hey don't touch the Police.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Odell, even after an awful season, finds a way to dominate the news headlines for 4-5 months until it goes away and he demands a trade.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Excited LSU won and slapping someone's butt, okay yeah that's something football players do.

But... I'm still confused...why was he telling the officer that?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was this the same cop threatening to arrest the kids for smoking cigars? He most definitely reported this and is an absolute stick in the mud. Regardless what OBJ did was wrong and combined with the money gifts LSU should keep him as far away from their program as possible.

Excited LSU won and slapping someone's butt, okay yeah that's something football players do.

But... I'm still confused...why was he telling the officer that?

It's something teammates do to each other, and while accepted, it's arguably part of a toxic atmosphere that should be done away with in the first place. But he slapped a security guards ass, you wouldn't go around slapping reporters asses, why is this anymore acceptable?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd normally say no butt slapping and this is harassment. But butt slapping in locker rooms and on football fields is literally a thing. Feels like context matters here. The again that video is more then the usual butt pat.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fucking clown

Title made me think this was sexual harassment though, and it's actually just general tomfoolery

I'd normally say no butt slapping and this is harassment. But butt slapping in locker rooms and on football fields is literally a thing. Feels like context matters here. The again that video is more then the usual butt pat.

That's not the context though, as the video shows

He's just being a jackass, as usual

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a night full of poor decisions for this guy. I wonder what else will surface

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
....why would you do that. I say arrest his dumbass for doing somethings so stupid...like come on bro.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
is the guard checking to see if the players gatorade bottle had booze in it or something?

Oct 27, 2017

The cop also isn't a player or coach. Surely you wouldn't say reporters implicitly consent to this kind of thing just by virtue of being in a locker room.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that the cop didn't arrest him on the spot. I guess he was too concerned with all the ILLEGAL CIGARING going on.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It's something teammates do to each other, and while accepted, it's arguably part of a toxic atmosphere that should be done away with in the first place. But he slapped a security guards ass, you wouldn't go around slapping reporters asses, why is this anymore acceptable?

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but I understand that's something football players do. I understand the behavior.

what I don't understand is what he was telling the cop... why would he do that?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
He's not going to be anywhere near LSUs sidelines for a long while after all of this. I don't mind the money because fuck the NCAA, but don't butt slap people you don't know, especially a cop. I don't feel that it's worth an arrest though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
is the guard checking to see if the players gatorade bottle had booze in it or something?

Seemingly the same cop that wanted to arrest them for smoking cigars while celebrating. Probably was looking to take a cigar away from a player and OBJ saw it and decided to antagonize him or "lighten up the atmosphere" which clearly backfired lol.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but I understand that's something football players do. I understand the behavior.

what I don't understand is what he was telling the cop... why would he do that?

Am at work without audio, what did he say?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't touch other people. Don't touch a woman's ass. Don't touch a man's ass. Even if they're a pig. Especially if they're a pig, actually.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I can understand being extremely pissed off that these pigs were in their locker room causing a completely needless problem (literally going out of their way to harass the players), but lmao running up and smacking a cop like that is a terrible idea.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is the cop trying to arrest the entire team for having cigars. This dude was just looking to lock up black athletes. Fuck him.
20 yr old kids, most of them at the best day of their life. fuck em!!

a94e8ec27c53b12af079f1bce7b29c2c.png

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Cop being an asshole busting balls of a bunch of ~20 year olds who just won the national title game. Someone from the school should have been like "dude, gtfo out of the locker room."

Odell Beckham Jr acting like a 16 year old idiot. It's amazing that the oldest person in this locker room is the one acting like a goddam fool.

Arrest warrant is hilariously stupid. Don't smack other people's butts who don't consent to having their butts smacked. Ya wanna smack your friends' butts in the locker room after your team wins, go for it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Clearly Odell was either feeling himself that night or way too drunk to care, or both. A lot of dumb decisions made on what should have been a celebratory day.