• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which missing game at TGA disappointed you the most?

• Elden Ring

Votes: 465 36.2%
  • Crash Bandicoot Worlds

Votes: 87 6.8%
  • Batman: Arkham Legacy

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • Bluepoint's remake

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Rocksteady's project

Votes: 86 6.7%
  • Kojima x Konami partnership for new Silent Hill game

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 169 13.2%

• Total voters

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
The Smash character felt like such a slam-dunk shoe-in that even stating "I predict they'll announce the next Smash fighter" felt like saying "the sun will rise tomorrow." I'm floored that we got nothing.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
tenor.gif

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
Something by Nintendo I do not understand why they teased for people to keep an eye on the awards.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the absence of both Rocksteady and WB Games Montreal is the biggest one for me. That's mostly because they clearly know their fans really want to hear more about what they're working on, even if it's just a teaser. Gotta think there's another reason for them not announcing anything yet, because otherwise they're dropping the ball. Just a Dragon Age style teaser would go a long way. I'm starting to think both games are next-gen now and they're just being held back by the embargo on next-gen game announcements.

Except Godfall was announced for next gen consoles

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring by far

Makes the game feel super far away. I'm starting to think this is next gen only and likely a fall 2020 or spring 2021 game :(

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
My birth parents. I followed a long and arduous series of puzzles across the entire country, unlocking mysteries and learning secrets about what really happened to the ill-fated Finale Estate. I had been corresponding with an unknown pair of contacts whose initials bore a suspicious resemblance to the names I collected from a ruined mural in the old mansion, names I believed to belong to my mother and father. I was to finally meet them with an important heirloom at The Game Awards to learn more about what happened on that fated day at the Auction House that resulted in our legendary familial downfall.

Alas, their security was compromised, and our enemies were waiting in the audience. I barely made it out and was unsuccessful at meeting those with whom I've corresponded. However, I did recover a set of coordinates and what I believe to be a cipher written on a cocktail napkin. The search for answers continues.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I've got it in my head now that the Bluepoint remake is going to be Legend of Dragoon because I'm a damn fool. So that's my pick.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Batman.
WB marketing is a joke.

Don't care about the Rocksteady's project since when it was marked as a Multiplayer GAAS.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't really aware of any rumors, so no disappointment. :D
Although I would really like to see Rocksteady's game already.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
HL: Alyx no doubt :(

But not sure if it counts, seems like it was confirmed and then cancelled at the last moment for some reason. Elden Ring then.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't so much disappointed most by the lack of Smash's 5th DLC character, but to me it was so obvious and made too much sense for it to be there, that I was speculating on what we might get IN ADDITION to it. But we didn't even get that. Bravely Default II and NMH3 trailer are definitely cool things, and should count as first party game announcements, but neither really appeal to me, even if I did think the NMH3 trailer was hilarious.

My biggest disappointment was easily Half-Life Alyx getting pulled at the last minute, but that wasn't a rumor, that was the first confirmed thing to be there. The big, BIG hype game and then it gets pulled, and the show's 2nd half really showed that it was meant to be a pretty big anchor.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Half-Life: Alyx was probably supposed to be the big splash at the Game Awards with a G-Man speech, so it's a shame it didn't happen. Would have loved to see the reactions.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Batman. WB Montreal is really going to go a whole gen without announcing or releasing anything.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, or Smash DLC 5. I at least got a No More Heroes 3 trailer that was really good but the rest of the reveals were really not my kind of game or stuff I'll be more interested in when we get more info.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Batman was the only one I considered a possibility. Though, I can't say I'm disappointed that it wasn't there.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Except Godfall was announced for next gen consoles
Yes. Just like with Hellblade 2, games can be approved to go outside of the embargo in specific (and contractually obligated) ways. Pretty routine. "Embargo" is just a way to describe Sony/Microsoft organizing their marketing efforts with their studios and partners.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't regally put much weight behind rumours, especially when it's for something as generally ineffective as The Game awards. Publishers have never really put much support behind the event so I never expect their to be any major announcements.

You could absolutely argue that the Series X was a major announcement, but I rarely care about the actual box. I want to know price point, features, and a taste of the actual game selection. MS getting on stage and showing me a black box did nothing for me.

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Elden Ring!

But it's nobody's fault because there never was any announcement or believable rumor! I was just hoping all evening it would come around the corner against all odds! :D I got my FROM fill with them winning the award yesterday, haha.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
On a general level, No Breath of the Wild 2
personally as a fan, it was the lack of Crash Bandicoot 8 (but at least I knew to not completely expect it to be there, likely gonna see it later)

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping the rumor of Fullbright's new game being shown was true.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really wasn't expecting any of those except Arkham Legacy, so that's the only one that I was disappointed about.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Tie between Elden Ring and no new Smash reveal.

At least something first party with Nintendo

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Breath of the Wild 2 for me. I really thought it had a chance considering the first one was showcased at 3 TGAs.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Elden Ring, but I'm so happy anyway since I've seen Miyazaki-san get THAT GOTY.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it. 0 worries.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Elden Ring for me, was pretty confident we'd see some type of short gameplay trailer but we didn't; which makes me think it won't release until Fall 2020.

Though I have to say I was super surprised and happy that Sekiro got GOTY. After actually just finishing up and Platinuming the game a few days ago, it was great to see it get the attention and recognition it deserves.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Batman AL and Smash Fighter #5 seem like the big ones, everyone expected both to be there. No update on Elden Ring seems like a missed opportunity too given From's win.

Not expected but Sony probably should've done better with the first PS5 game shown too given what Microsoft brought. Not a kind first comparison there.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Batman just for the fact there was a tease for it not too long ago and the game awards was the place some expected it to show. Likely spring reveal now.

While not rumored Half-Life being pulled like at the last second sucks pretty bad and with how the game awards ended I'm pretty sure it was suppose to be the game the awards ended on.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BotW 2 wasn't rumored to be there. Nothing Nintendo was rumored to be there
This is true, but it didn't stop me from getting my hopes up. Nintendo promoted the Game Awards on Twitter, so it seemed like they had something big coming. Granted, No More Heroes 3 was in all likelihood the best part of the show.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Lack of Bayonetta 3. I had a wild theory about the game and I wanted to confirm it, because it's been a theory I've had before Bayo 3 was announced.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I didn't look too hard at it, and there was seemingly no legitimacy behind it, but I liked the ring of the Banjo Redooie rumor.

Imagine if, at TGA, Banjo was the first Xbox Series X game revealed instead of Hellblade 2.