• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which missing game at TGA disappointed you the most?

• Elden Ring

Votes: 465 36.2%
  • Crash Bandicoot Worlds

Votes: 87 6.8%
  • Batman: Arkham Legacy

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • Bluepoint's remake

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Rocksteady's project

Votes: 86 6.7%
  • Kojima x Konami partnership for new Silent Hill game

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 169 13.2%

• Total voters

sirronoh

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something? None of the games in the poll were rumored to be at TGA. This list feels more like:
-General rumors about a game
-TGA is coming up
-Rumored game must be getting revealed at TGA

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I voted for Rocksteady. But let me express my feelings here over TGA.

Sure there was a lot of Nintendo stuff and DLC (No More Heroes was kind of cool). But the lack of proper Nintendo properties were king of lame.

We got Reggie on stage this year and every year, they had something for us. Specially Reggie.

This year Doug Bowser as head of Nintendo of America did nothing except by accepting the Smash award. And felt pretty lame to accept an award from another team and a game released under the direction of another director SHARING THE SAME STAGE without expressing his name and his legacy.

In 2019 Nintendo did manage to surpass the expectations in terms of games with Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon breaking records again, Winning black Friday. But what's next?

Under the administration Bowser, Nintendo of America seems like a silent company. On the biggest event outside of it's on company (I still think E3 is bigger, but as far as I'm concerned, each company treats like it's own event) nothing came out of their new leader.

And there's tons of unanswered questions around the Nintendo properties. Where's Bayonetta 3? Are we going to see Metroid 4 in 2020 in some form? It is time for another Mario Kart? What about the future of dual Pokemon series? Let's Go Gold Silver is the expected at this point or let's go was just one thing?

I miss Reggie. He was vague in some points... but we got at least, "I can't say anything at this moment". Silence is unacceptable from my point of view.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical they even have a hairstyle picked out for Bayonetta 3 at this point

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe Rocksteady weren't there. Although they are probably more worried about out shitshow of am election and the fallout for international developers working there.

Oct 25, 2017
Was gutted to not see Half-Life Alyx at the show, even though it was a confirmed and not rumored title to appear. Which, y'know, actually makes it even worse.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Arkham Legacy, because they actively started teasing it, the writer of the Court of Owls source material tweet/deleted about it, etc. everyone knows it's a thing and yet we go another game awards with nothing lol. It's just frustrating at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
More interested in a new Batman game and Rocksteady's project than anything else on the list, but I didn't expect them to be there. I had talked myself into the idea that BotW 2 would be on the show, so I was surprised not to hear anything about that.

r3viladdict

Feb 18, 2019
No Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime trilogy :(

Also, there was leaked that RE2: Director's Cut was supposed to be announced as well. It didn't happen.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Elden Ring, Demon Souls, Batman.

I fall for Geoffs lies every year, but this time I went to bed earlier. Glad I did because nothing exciting was announced (for me personally). Alyx being a no show didn't help either.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Batman has been rumored for a long fucking time now, and yet it's still nowhere to be seen. Wtf

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I thought the show was pretty bad for a litany of reasons, but I try not to be let down when things that were never promised don't happen.

That said, history taught us to expect something more from Nintendo as a publisher at the Game Awards, and this year left a pretty big void in that department. I was fiending for that Switch logo, man. Smash, Bayonetta, Metroid, Zelda, some sort of bone outside of the underwhelming (and poorly framed by Geoff) Bravely Default II teaser would've helped me feel like I didn't waste four hours of life. At least a little bit.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Batman is hilarious at this point, it doesn't disappoint me anymore.

Marvel is swimming in money with Spider-Man and it's soon to release Avengers while Warner is just watching how the turtle gets away.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I heard something about Sonic making an appearance, was expecting a new game since it has been 2 years since the last sonic game released... But what I heard was probably movie related

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW 2. I got slightly disappointed when I saw the Bravely Default 2 trailer in my subs but in all honesty I'll be hyped of its launch since I got the CE for Octopath.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Batman of course.

My reaction this morning when not seeing any news:

FragrantScratchyHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Lmao out of context this gif is hilarious

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what?

Kojima x Konami partnership for new Silent Hill game

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Half-Life: Alyx, though that wasn't a rumor. After Valve announced they weren't showing it, I just bailed on watching The Game Awards.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that Arkham Legacy is a collective fever dream we are all having, like some unified gaming Mandela Effect.

OP
OP
Cosmic Voyager
Oct 24, 2019
Wait what?

Kojima x Konami partnership for new Silent Hill game

Recently there was a rumor that Konami was planning on doing something with the Silent Hill IP again.

Then there was a rumor going around that after the success of Death Stranding, Konami reached back out to Kojima to lend him the Silent Hill license again. The terms would be that Kojima gets a blank cheque, except Konami would pick who plays the protagonist, and it would be someone other than Norman Reedus.

Apparently one of Kojima's right-hand guys recently left KojiPro, which people found strange at the time. People are speculating that it's because he refuses to work with Konami again, whereas Kojima is willing to bury the hatchet.

Take all of this with a massive grain of salt of course, but there were several rumors floating around that all seemed to lend credence to each other, and some people were definitely thinking a TGA tease was possible

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Bayo 3. Makes me wonder if the project had a large setback/change when the original director left.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Batman has been bizarre to follow, I don't care that certain games aren't shown but they started such a weird promotional campaign

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Batman. What was the point of teasing the goddamn game if you're not even going to announce it for another 7 months?