• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

gonintendo.com

BioShock Remastered off-screen gameplay

From the GoNintendo Archives

No gyro seemingly (in the whole collection?)

screenshot_2020-05-27ftkk5.png

Looks perfectly fine. I think Virtuos did all three Bioshock ports on Switch IIRC? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I remember the intro to BioShock blowing my mind when I was 15. If I could show my past self that same game running perfectly fine on a handheld, he'd probably have a seizure.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I've played this game a gazillion times. Looks like a good port.

Eager to see Infinite, tho. I adore that game.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. The only thing keeping me from buying it right now are those mandatory 30+ GB you gotta download before playing.
Right, although I guess to be fair to 2k, this wouldn't even fit on a 32GB cart anyway. Since it's a 16GB cart + 31GB additional download. A 64GB cart release would have been nice but that's a pipe dream since nobody has ever used one.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a last gen game, it should run well at least. But again we got Saints Row 3 and others as counterpoint

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Looks good and I'm happy it doesn't have the issue that a lot of Switch ports do where the UI is tiny

Oct 27, 2017
This was the first game I ever bought on Steam (I created my Steam account just for the game when it first came out) and was one of the reasons I built my computer at that time. Still, I was never able to get into the game for some reason and never finished it. If this port turns out, I may actually get a chance to finally finish it.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Its so unfortunate that this is a port of the collection, because it's missing so many visual features from the original

Like specular maps, right there at the floor of the lighthouse.

That's why it looks dry, and not wet like it's suposed to. In an underwater game, it's a pretty big deal.

And the sound was capped, being way worse than the original. Not to mention the bugs.

But it's not on Virtuos, it's on Blind Squirrel, the Collection developer.

Virtuos job with this port looks really good so far

I'm curious about Infinity, because thats the one that Blind Squirrel left pretty much untouched from the original, making it the best of the bunch in the Collection

But it runs with a variable framerate on consoles, so I'm curious if they are locking ti to 30 on Switch. It would be an improvement.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It's a 2008 title, i'd be surprised if it runs like ass on modern and more powerful hardware than its era.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I keep almost buying games on switch but then hold back because x cloud is imminent. X cloud will make mobiles AAA gaming so much cheaper. I hate the way Nintendo games stay overpriced forever.

But this. Hmmm. Bioshock still resonates with me today.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

gonintendo.com

BioShock Remastered off-screen gameplay

From the GoNintendo Archives

Looks perfectly fine. I think Virtuos did all three Bioshock ports on Switch IIRC? Thoughts?

from the eShop thread, a video of Infinite. and I found the answer to the most important question in the YT comments... might wanna add both to the OP

And some Bioshock Infinite handheld footage:

->

screenshot_2020-05-27ftkk5.png

:/ big dislike.

Raikkonen94

Oct 4, 2019
Never played the original games, but I heard a lot of good things about it. Can't wait to start playing it myself this weekend.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Knew it.

They added it to Borderlands, as it makes sense for scooping up items.

Apparently scavenging through bins with accuracy doesn't have the same priority for 2K.

Edit: If it has HD Rumble, I might keep my preorder though. (So very unlikely)

Last edited:

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I probably wasn't going to get it anyway, but I'm definitely not getting it without gyro support. That's just embarrassing.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad the uploader only figured out not to sit in front of a window on the second video lol.

Didn't realize gyro support was something expected from this game.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No gyro counts me out from this, which is a shame considering Bioshock is my favourite game of all time. Already own them all on Steam, 360, X1X & PS4, but gyro + portable would have be instant quintuple dip. Without that and that giant install size I can't bring myself to care.

(Also Infinite sux, kthxbi)

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Playing and beat Infinite with the Move, shame they didn't keep it for the PS4 version.

Would have loved to have gyro controls in this version.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see one of the greatest franchises of all time becoming available on more (on the go) platforms. Also, when did this gyro-movement actually start? I'm surprised by the many comments about it. I feel like I just started hearing about it a few weeks ago, although I remember Killzone 2 (or 3?) had some sort of gyro-aiming as well.