• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not convinced on Burns yet. Was it 35 played and misses? Still, refreshing to see sensible batting throughout

Jul 19, 2018
I had to stop watchign as I had a party to go to. I've heard a few complaints about new ball shenanigans. Can someone explain what went on?

At about 65 overs the Aussies moaned about the ball to the umpires, who replaced it with one 'about the same age'. First ball bowled with the new one hooped around corners, vs the old one that hadn't moved at all. Two wickets fell in four overs when progress had been serene until then. Sky showed some analysis - original ball averaged 0.4° of swing, replacement 2.9°

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
At about 65 overs the Aussies moaned about the ball to the umpires, who replaced it with one 'about the same age'. First ball bowled with the new one hooped around corners, vs the old one that hadn't moved at all. Two wickets fell in four overs when progress had been serene until then. Sky showed some analysis - original ball averaged 0.4° of swing, replacement 2.9°

Thanks. How unlike the Aussies to be moaning about something. Talking of which, the Aussie writer of this article got a roasting in the comments:

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Who cares? I'd rather have someone full of confidence than the guy who is evidently soiling himself every time he picks up a bat. I like Mo and when he's on form he's a joy to watch, but he's bringing nothing to the team at the moment

He bring nothing... except for strong spin bowling at an average below 30 over the last year or two.

He certainly could do with time out, I suspect. But his bowling warrants a place.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lyon will be a handful on days 4/5 on this wicket.

But let's be honest, Australia will collapse for 120. Zero confidence in our batting lineup outside of Smith.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This is some terrible captaincy from Paine, lots of easy singles, passive fields. Woakes is a legitimately good batsman but Broad is a swisher attack him. Wouldn't hurt Lyon to float a ball up or two, he's darting everything in.