• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Ali is on borrowed time. In hindsight I'd rather see a left armer (Leach is the front runner, otherwise Bess). And Bairstow had better pull his finger out; he only has so much goodwill, and Foakes is a better keeper.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the English fans here must have had an aneurysm seeing Root try to get the ball changed.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Judging by this pitch, Australia are going to need a lead of at least 220 which is still miles off. The 2nd highest successful chase at Edgbaston is 207, the highest is 281 (although Australia got 280 in 2005 falling 3 short of a target of 283).

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Wow the English fans here must have had an aneurysm seeing Root try to get the ball changed.

England are notorious ball moaners, they were trying to get it changed constantly during Smith and Siddles partnership on the first day. Every team does it, sometimes the ball does go right out of shape and it's deemed unfair to continue with it. The ball shouldn't be getting changed because it's gone a bit soft.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
He's just so good at accumulating runs. Who would have imagined he would turn out to be such an immense batsmen when he first started? If he keeps this up for 40-60 more matches he'd easily be the second best bat since The Don.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steve Smith being the second best test batsman ever means we should bring in more Shane Warne leg spin wannabes. It's obviously working.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Oh and I didn't realise Cook had retired until this game. He was still fairly young. Why did he retire? It looks like he had a terrible 2018 but one bad year alone surely isn't cause enough to retire. Guess he had enough of international cricket?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Smith has done his job and done it superbly. Australia in a great position now.

How can anyone boo him after that effort. Though I welcome England fans to keep trying. It's clearly affecting him since he seems to get out in the nervous 140s.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

How can anyone boo him after that effort.

I think he's going to get boo'd no matter how well he plays. Eventually it will become more tongue in cheek but he'll still get the fallout from cheating for a long time to come.

Two terrific innings from him. Puts AUS in the driving seat.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018

How can anyone boo him after that effort. Though I welcome England fans to keep trying. It's clearly affecting him since he seems to get out in the nervous 140s.
Pretty easy when he's a cheating cunt.

Australia should win this now, weather permitting. Fantastic 2nd innings.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Matty Wade has certainly justified his selection with his knock here.

Though to be fair he justified selection a year ago, the selectors just never selected him.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
So Australia to declare at the end of day's play today? I reckon England have it in them to bat out a day, so this is likely ending in a draw.

Oct 25, 2017
So Australia to declare at the end of day's play today? I reckon England have it in them to bat out a day, so this is likely ending in a draw.

Nah, Australia should declare with enough time left to bowl at England for 7-8 overs minimum. They've already got enough runs on the board to make an England victory more or less impossible

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Moeen Ali has been pretty trash today. I have far more faith in Lyon to produce good bowling on this pitch.