• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats SteveSmitralia

Yes I am salty. Very salty.

Being a man down obviously has a big impact and possibly a match changing one but the batting from Ali, Denly, Buttler and Bairstow in particular was fucking abysmal and three of them should be fired into the fucking sun tout fucking suite. Roy wasn't great either but even his piss poor effort was a decent bit better than those four, albeit that that ridiculous shot set off the collapse.

Losing our banker at Edgbaston is not good.

For all that England shat the bed, Australia were not that great but when you've got probably the second best batsman in test history in your side, it doesn't fucking matter.

in summary: fuck off

Oct 26, 2017
UK
For so long we were shite at odi cricket because we basically picked our test players in the one day side.

We finally adapted and built a side to play a good brand of odi cricket. But now we've gone the opposite way and shoe horning quality odi players into the test team, instead of trying to build a team to play and win test cricket.

Our batting is a joke, Bairstow, Buttler and Ali need to go. Denly ain't good enough. Roy I have big doubts about but we should give him a couple more tests, though he really shouldn't be opening.

unfortunately I just don't believe players like bairstow and buttler will be dropped anytime soon but this should be the team for the next test.

Burns
Sibley
Root
Roy
Stokes
Foakes
Curran
Woakes
Broad
Archer
Leach

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buttler still has some money in the bank from last year. Bairstow has surely had his chips. Has been shit for ages and is petulant to go with it. Ali looks like his brittle self-confidence has shattered. He's 32 now, if he hasn't sorted himself out by now, he isn't going to. Lets move on. Roy gets another go at opener for me. Looked OK today before his ridiculous brain fart. Denly has no business being anywhere near international cricket in any format and is 33. What's the fucking point?

Burns
Roy
Root
Stokes
Woakes
Foakes
Buttler
Curran
Leach
Broad
Archer

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Buttler still has some money in the bank from last year. Bairstow has surely had his chips. Has been shit for ages and is petulant to go with it. Ali looks like his brittle self-confidence has shattered. He's 32 now, if he hasn't sorted himself out by now, he isn't going to. Lets move on. Roy gets another go at opener for me. Looked OK today before his ridiculous brain fart. Denly has no business being anywhere near international cricket in any format and is 33. What's the fucking point?

Burns
Roy
Root
Stokes
Woakes
Foakes
Buttler
Curran
Leach
Broad
Archer
More or less the same as my side. I do think roy would be better served coming in when the ball is doing as much, but I'm happy for him to get a few more goes as a opener, but Sibley is scoring buckets of runs in the county championship.
Also if buttler staying in the side I just don't see him batting below woakes and foakes.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More or less the same as my side. I do think roy would be better served coming in when the ball is doing as much, but I'm happy for him to get a few more goes as a opener, but Sibley is scoring buckets of runs in the county championship.
Also if buttler staying in the side I just don't see him batting below woakes and foakes.

I would take Sibley

Buttler...I think he probably should be higher up the order but at the same time, I think he needs some easy runs to get his eye back in. He's been off form for a while, including in the World Cup, final aside. Woakes looks bang in form with the bat and deserves the promotion. Foakes and Buttler could go either way but the rhyme is important to me.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Burns
Roy
Root
Stokes
Woakes
Foakes
Buttler
Curran
Leach
Broad
Archer

Stokes, Woakes, Foakes.

What a cool sequence of names.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I would take Sibley

Buttler...I think he probably should be higher up the order but at the same time, I think he needs some easy runs to get his eye back in. He's been off form for a while, including in the World Cup, final aside. Woakes looks bang in form with the bat and deserves the promotion. Foakes and Buttler could go either way but the rhyme is important to me.

Yeah when he was scoring runs against india last summer he was batting about 7. I find it very odd him coming in ahead of Stokes.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
In all the Ashes excitement we missed Dale Steyn officially retiring from test cricket: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eyn-retires-tests-focus-limited-overs-cricket

Not really surprising considering he could barely last through 2 games in the IPL this year.

He's a legit great of the game for South Africa though, so sad to see.
For South Africa? He's amongst the best bowler of all time in the game. His stats are freakish especially considering the era he played in favoured batsmen and he has several match winning performances - even on flat pitches.

Sad to see him go but his body just couldn't keep up anymore. Got to see him live once in an ODI. Such an exciting bowler to watch.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, it's nice that we're not the team floundering around after a batting collapse trying to convince ourselves that if we just changed a few selections we'd be okay.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
unknown.png

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to get too bullish, because anything can happen, but Australia has a VERY good record at Lord's in tests....

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
England needed to win at Edgbaston. If you can't win at your 'fortress' you're shit out of luck at the home of cricket, a venue which seems to help the majority of teams take a dump on us.

To be honest after we lost the toss, then Anderson pulled up lame I wasn't expecting a win. Australia at 120 odd for 8 was a red herring, was only so long our remaining seamers could last, especially without a competent enough spinner to allow them to rest and rotate.

My 11 for the next test would be Burns, Sibley, Root, Roy, Stokes, Buttler, Woakes, Curran, Broad, Archer/Stone (Depending on Archer fitness), Leach

OP
OP
crazy monkey

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
In all the Ashes excitement we missed Dale Steyn officially retiring from test cricket: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...eyn-retires-tests-focus-limited-overs-cricket

Not really surprising considering he could barely last through 2 games in the IPL this year.

He's a legit great of the game for South Africa though, so sad to see.
Somehow in my mimd he retired long time ago. Dude haven't played anything full in such a long time. His world cup no show was sad. I think he should just retire completely. His stats will only get worse.

England needs two more good bowlers ( some one who averages sub 25)

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
India currently about to beat WI in T20.

Need 14 from 16. Kohli bossing it.

EDIT - Ha, as soon as i hit post he got caught.

OP
OP
crazy monkey

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
West Indies is clearly not full strength. India is to good in this scenarios. I am looking forward to how India does against good team in test.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Well damn. SA hit hard with these two announcements. He's made loads of runs but much like with Kallis I can't say I was a huge fan but definitely a dependable batsmen (and arguably the best in the team in his time even with ABdV around).

OP
OP
crazy monkey

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Amla was and is gentlemen. Going to miss his classic style. Guy was so good that he beat kohli for fastest runs many times. Mischaracterized by media for being slow. Hate ipl for not using him. Always respect for you Hashim Amla. Love and peace.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I was at Lords last night for the T20 blast Surrey v Middlesex.

Amazing atmosphere. Had a great time. Good to see Morgan and AB knock it about. It was a bargain as well at £15 a ticket. well worth it.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Smith is unstoppable.

Edit: Moeen dropped which isn't surprising.

Last edited:

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't watched cricket for so long until the 1st test; I forgot how much I hated it getting rained out.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I feel very sorry for people who get tickets for these rainy days. Its really hard to get tickets, they cost a bomb and then you might not get to see any play.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hey if this weather keeps up for 5 days I think we have a good chance for a draw this match. Fingers crossed.

Looks like today will be a wash out (there's a small chance that they'll get an hour after tea: I imagine who ever wins the toss will bowl if that's the case) tomorrow should be fine, Friday after lunch will be dicey, as will Sunday. We could potentially be looking at a 2 and a half day test which given the states of the batting line ups doesn't mean a result is out of the question.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow Roy already out nibbling at Hazlewood.

This bowling right now is making me excited.

Last edited: