• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this was an anime someone would have already drawn the ghostly figure of Steve Smith standing behind Marnus Labushade giving him energy.

Regarding Tim Paine:

On one hand Tim Paine has stunk it up with the bat this series.

On the other hand, if Australia win this test, he will be seen as the captain who successfully rebuilt the team, won the Ashes on English soil, only a year after one of the most shameful episodes of Australian cricket history. They'll let him retire on his own terms after this rather than just dropping him unceremoniously.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
If this was an anime someone would have already drawn the ghostly figure of Steve Smith standing behind Marnus Labushade giving him energy.

Regarding Tim Paine:

On one hand Tim Paine has stunk it up with the bat this series.

On the other hand, if Australia win this test, he will be seen as the captain who successfully rebuilt the team, won the Ashes on English soil, only a year after one of the most shameful episodes of Australian cricket history. They'll let him retire on his own terms after this rather than just dropping him unceremoniously.

The other problem is that you need a captain to replace him and have exactly zero options not named Steve Smith. Head is the current VC but is hardly secure in his role.

Nathan Lyon is the only real option available in terms of having a secure place in the side. However it seems unlikely that he would be made skipper.

You could bring in Aaron finch as opener and give him more time/chances. Drop Kawahja, move Smith to 3 then have burns and Labushade round out the middle order plus one young batsman at 6, Carey at 7 and then the bowlers.

That's almost a complete deck shuffle and seems to revert much of the cultural change made with Paine and Ponting

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Cricket.

Just waiting now for England to fuck up the rugby world cup too.

Just look at the scorecard for our innings. All the guys seem to be able to hit boundaries in their opening balls yet get themselves out. It would be almost unacceptable in Twenty20 and in test cricket it's simply unimaginable.

The white ball has fucked the team up. Get them using both of them even during ODI and Twenty20 season.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's pretty flat today. The seam seemed to come off the grass and you'd think that'd be gone now.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a little cringe-worthy to see England trying to get Australians out via concussion. I'm not saying via bowling, just they seemed desperate for Labuschagne to go off once he was hit.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're right, I'm being too cranky.

I feel bad for the English bowlers with all these dropped catches. Labuschagne is the luckiest guy on earth at the moment.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even I feel bad for Broad. English bowlers have been pretty much bowling non-stop since the end of the last test to now.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd feel more confident with the chase being closer to 400 but England batsmen just got rolled for 67 in great batting conditions so this is probably enough.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Noooo. Good knock anyway young lad. What's funny is that 1 year ago plenty of people, including myself were like "wtf why did they pick this guy". Guess the selectors were proved right.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Ashes Cricket and it's funny how this ended up.

ECu8nf9U8AAYL6U

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Has Roy made double figures even once this Ashes?

Jason Roy's test career:

vs Australia (third test): 9, 8
vs Australia (second test): 0, 2
vs Australia (first test): 10, 28
vs Ireland: 5, 72

unacceptable. But I dont think anyone in their right mind thinks he's actually a red ball batsman.

Oct 25, 2017
If England need a #3 I just scored 61 runs so I'm hitting form at the right time.

Fucking knackered though, way too hot to be outside.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
The worst outcome here would be we still lose but Denly plays a solid innings. He simply isn't good enough. If he wins us the game, he can prolong his dropping, but if not - bye bye please

Window

Oct 27, 2017
England's cruising along. I can't believe it but I think they'll chase it down. This is gonna be one of the greatest come backs ever.