• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Although the schedule does not reveal the title of this game, we can safely assume that this RPG is no other than Cyberpunk 2077. After all, in January we informed you about some rumours suggesting we'd be getting a trailer during this big event.

Source: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/offi...projekt-red-will-present-a-role-playing-game/

048158a724.jpg

Schedule source: https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=cMVYnmG6#

Last edited:

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I cannot wait to see this setting. I have high hopes based on how great the Witcher 3's world was.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Hyped for this game but not hyped for a CGI trailer or "gameplay" that is not representative of the finished product.

So yeah, mixed feelings.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's happening, isn't it?

It's been so long since this was announced. It's actually happening! :D

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Hyped for this game but not hyped for a CGI trailer or "gameplay" that is not representative of the finished product.

So yeah, mixed feelings.
A CG trailer is guaranteed to appear. But I'm really curious if we're going to be seeing any gameplay. The latest rumor claimed that CDPR was only going to show gameplay behind the scenes but not publicly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
I mean I think CDPR will be there with Cyberpunk 2077, but generally these listings shouldn't be taken as actually meaning anything.

For example, Atlus': https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=GaANNWfh

(Besides the fact that it lists like every possible category, it even lists PS3.)

Well, the CDPR listing got the platforms right and we already had confirmation that they would attend E3 and that they will NOT show anything Gwent related.
We also know that they're ramping up for a marketing campaign (hiring staff for live action trailers, reviving the Twitter account)
This basically confirms it. I don't see any possibility for them to not show Cyberpunk.

It´s the GWENT story campaign

No:
4Rg4a3TdT9074LiaX_PnJ3ggiOYxk5c0Ndj4dudNrRQ.png

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Gwent single player isn't an rpg though, its a card game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is what? I don't know really.

They did say they had another game in works alongside the other two, didn't they?

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
A CG trailer is guaranteed to appear. But I'm ready curious if we're going to be seeing any gameplay. The latest rumor claimed that CDPR was only going to show gameplay behind the scenes but not publicly.

Yeah I also expect a CGI trailer but I think those are worthless. Would love to see some gameplay but it could be too early for them to show off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Gwent single player isn't an rpg though, its a card game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is what? I don't know really.

They did say they had another game in works alongside the other two, didn't they?

Yeah but they don't really have the resources for developing 2 AAA games simultaneously. (The plan is to release 2 of those until 2021 and Cp is obviously the first to release).

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping they show Cyberpunk. I want to see what they're able to do with a character that's supposed to be mostly yours, unlike Geralt.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't find the article anymore but I recall that CDPR was working on another RPG next to Cyberpunk. Anyone recall this too?

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, they have 2 AAA games to release before 2021.
One us C2077 the other is a new title.

Awesome. 2021 isn't even that insane long either. Let's say Cyberpunk releases late next year it's only two years later and we'll have their next RPG. I'd love that. Of course delays can always happen.

As for Cyberpunk at E3, I'm a bit afraid that only the press will see the game behind closed doors like was the case with Witcher 3 at first too and that we only get a trailer at the Xbox show.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome, Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game for 2019. Really hope we don't get only a CG trailer though. That would be a bit crap. CG + gameplay trailer would be awesome.

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game for 2019. Really hope we don't get only a CG trailer though. That would be a bit crap. CG + gameplay trailer would be awesome.

Sadly the rumors are that gameplay will be shown only to press. Remains to be seen what the trailer will be like. We did indeed get gameplay from Witcher 3 at the Xbox show but press had already seen the game a year before that or so (correct me if I'm wrong) I do remember seeing a trailer with some gameplay parts in it at the Xbox show before all that, it's probably going to be something like that.