• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are we close to the remaster?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 22.3%
  • I want it now!

Votes: 49 29.5%

• Total voters

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I can see them promoting the remaster closer to the Tactics rerun in War of the Visions.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they could announce the remaster at the Nintendo Direct.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought this game on iPad and was about to play it for the first time...
Should I wait?

OP
OP

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020

1wk931y4y9v71.png

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Partly because of the character portrait & my English was suck back then as a kid, I used to thought Agrias as a guy, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
The release dates in the Nvidia leak don't really mean anything (just internal speculation), but FFTR's release date was a month earlier than TOR, both now passed. They could be announced at the same time unless it is an FF specific stream.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm excited for the remaster. I actually hope they drop the War of the Lions subtitle, and keep the original logo. Not that there's anything wrong with the new subtitle and logo, but I'd just prefer the old one.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Hate to say it but the only point to this post was to sell the merchandise they added to the store recently for FFT.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It sure would be nice if Square announced a rerelease of some kind for Switch, PS, etc.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If the Remaster happens to have the same type of graphics as the Octopath/Triangle Strategy games I'll lose my shit 😭

Triangle Strategy has worse graphics than FFT, though. :(

The character sprites are markedly less detailed, they animate far worse, and just on a general level look like a cheap knockoff of FFT's presentation.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

The character sprites are markedly less detailed, they animate far worse, and just on a general level look like a cheap knockoff of FFT's presentation.
Oh HELL nah. I love FFT's simplicity but there's no comparison. Just look at how structures, water, character models, etc all look in comparison (it's not a fair one, but you get the idea)

1555911412564.png

Switch_TRST_SCRN_Presskit_01.jpg

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
The game is immensely addicting to me. It was also my first introduction to gameplay like this and I've loved it ever since. I'm glad it was released on iOS so I can play it on the iPad.
Orlandeau has always been my fave character and loved how in every gacha game he's appeared in, he's always been monstrous and broken as usual.
Loved his appearance in FF14 and that voice was so suitable for him.

Jul 24, 2018
Oh HELL nah. I love FFT's simplicity but there's no comparison. Just look at how structures, water, character models, etc all look in comparison (it's not a fair one, but you get the idea)

1555911412564.png

The environments are definitely nice in TS but FF Tactics' character sprites are way better looking than the former. Don't want them to change it into that.

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022
Hate to say it but the only point to this post was to sell the merchandise they added to the store recently for FFT.
I mean we already know as a fact that the remaster is coming due to the Nvidia leak, so even if they only talk about merchandise right now they're clearly building up to an announcement.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

1555911412564.png

The crunchy, boxy sprites in Triangle Strategy look like they belong in a cheap knockoff indie game, not a major Square Enix strategy RPG. And the animation is even worse. Zero expression, zero flair, just a bunch of flat sprites with an overload of noisy particle effects masking the fact that the characters themselves barely move.

The game is immensely addicting to me. It was also my first introduction to gameplay like this and I've loved it ever since. I'm glad it was released on iOS so I can play it on the iPad.
Orlandeau has always been my fave character and loved how in every gacha game he's appeared in, he's always been monstrous and broken as usual.
Loved his appearance in FF14 and that voice was so suitable for him.

OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE DARKNESS AND DROWN IN ITS LOVELESS EMBRACE
THE GODS WILL NOT BE WATCHING.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

It technically has better graphics. It just looks far worse.

1555911412564.png

Yet somehow Triangle Strategy still manages to look worse. FFT looks great either on a CRT, PSP or Emulation. Triangle Strategy intentionally looks like that.