• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
But will you stay there Pierre?

Excellent news though. Halo is too big to go away.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
said it in the OT but it's a good message to get out. Expecting more than this message right now is crazy like they're not going to give you their 5 year plan.

Oct 27, 2017
Tweeting is easy.

We've heard a lot of promises and platitudes from game developers over the years.

I want to believe. But I'm sceptical now.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the rumor was that it was gonna be mismanaged, not that it was going away?

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
The twitter replies are all disappointed... did they want the franchise to end or

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the text so small relative to the size of the picture? You don't need to do the cyberpunk thing if it's only 1 sentence

Not sure the sentence itself means much of anything when the rumors indicated that 343 would continue to be a developer on the series, just not always in a leading role, which wouldn't conflict with this.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I really, really hope the studio gets the management it needs. It's clear the team has a passion for the IP, just gotta set them up for proper success. Halo will always be my soft spot and I'd love to see it thriving again.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't think the rumor alluded to Halo going away or something, but being managed and developed by someone other than 343.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather someone else than 343 work on it. Hope they can resolve their poor management and development structure next time.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
There were rumours of Halo going to other devs etc. They were obviously bs, but they had to respond I think.
What was obviously bullshit ? It's very unlikely 343 is going to develop the next mainline Halo game after all the layoff. But sure, they're going to develop updates for Infinite "now and in the future".

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a nothing post. Of course Halo is not going anywhere but they have no say who is going to do future Halo stuff

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Of course Halo wasn't going away, that would mean 343 would have no use and would be cut, which is not the look Xbox wants right now.

Oct 27, 2017
It's Halo. Of course it's going to stay and 343i will always be the developers as that is the studio built for that purpose. But none of this means the franchise is in a good place and things need to change as soon as possible. The poor support for Infinite hadn't killed my interest in a great gaming franchise like this since Gears of War Judgement.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
No. We want someone other than 343i to work on it

Well, the statement is that they will continue to develop Halo, could be seen as "We will continue to develop Halo [as a whole]", not games.

But anyway, it's good they shared a public statement! ❤️

No matter how short it was, even if we didn't doubt Halo and Chief were going anywhere.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
What was obviously bullshit ? It's very unlikely 343 is going to develop the next mainline Halo game after all the layoff. But sure, they're going to develop updates for Infinite "now and the future".

I wouldn't be completely against another studio taking on mainline Halo, I'm saying the rumours were bs since it's way too early for anyone to know.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Shame, 343 has fumbled it for a decade. And with firing their entire campaign staff who is there to develop these "epic stories"? A Joe Staten led campaign was what I really was excited for and that's gone now

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how the heck you would get that Halo and Chief were going away from those rumors anyhow?

It was mostly about the IP being shopped around to different developers to take a crack at it (which I really liked that idea).

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Its unfortunate that a tweet had to be sent out. Halo "insiders" really made a mess and it was disappointing to see outlets like GameSpot report on fan rumors and speculation.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Did you guys bother to read the first sentence?

"343 will continue to develop Halo now and in the future."

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly it says Epic stories and Multiplayer. Stories could be TV show. Multiplayer was never going away.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the rumors never said anything about Halo going away. It was more or less that 343 was not going to be the developers of the game and they were gonna shop it around for others.

Jul 22, 2022
Master Chief is too recognisable character just to go away. For modern gamers it might not be that iconic, but still widely well known.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Im personally still hopeful to see how the leadership change from a couple months back actually affects 343 and the Halo franchise as a whole. Or who knows maybe im just very naive.