• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
『ポケットモンスター Let's Go! ピカチュウ』『ポケットモンスター Let's Go! イーブイ』は、Nintendo Switchソフトとして発売する『ポケットモンスター』シリーズ最新作。1998年にゲームボーイソフトとして発売した『ポケットモンスター ピカチュウ』をベースに、遊び方やシナリオを再構築した作品だ。Nintendo Switchと『Pokémon GO』の特徴をかけあわせることで、全く新しい体験ができる『ポケットモンスター』となっているぞ!

Debuting on the Nintendo Switch, "Pocket Monsters Let's Go! Pikachu" and "Pocket Monsters Let's Go! Eevee" are the new games in the "Pocket Monster" series. It uses Pocket Monsters Yellow, which was released in 1998 for the Game Boy, as base to build a work with a new scenario and new gameplay.

In Japan, only mainline games are called Pocket Monsters (ポケットモンスター); spin-offs use Pokémon.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pika_vee/switch/

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
And there you go folks.
It's a main game, a disappointing one, but still a main game.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mainline title, but from a new subseries of mainline titles more oriented towards new players

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Not like this...not like this.

This is the darkest timeline.

Oct 28, 2017
If you all need a term to make yourselves feel better the games would be casual core; which would be a subset of the core games but core nonetheless.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Who really cares if they already said a core Pokemon RPG is still coming next year.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is just another remake. We've had plenty of those.

The mainline designation really doesn't mean much considering that.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
So what? I don't feel the designation of mainline has any real significance in this case. They are obviously only slightly different from a "core RPG" which is what the 2019 game has been described as. The "Let's Go" subtitle should tell you that these are different than usual, but that's okay.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
And yet they confirmed that the game next year will be more traditional so who cares what they're calling it.

OP
OP
SieteBlanco

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's Go is a mainline game; 2019's release is also a mainline game and it won't include GO elements. Supposedly.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
What difference does it make if it's counted as mainline or not? In 2019 we're getting a more traditional Pokemon so it doesn't matter what this counts as.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the ResetERA reaction to this game indicative of how core Pokemon fans in general feel about it?

Trying to figure out if the Pokemon fanbase is as crazy as hardcore Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, and The Legend of Zelda fans

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if it plays likepokemon Go and its a mainline title then Pokemon Go is also a mainline title?.
Are wild pokemon battles forever gone?.

I dont think the name of the game dictates if its a skin off or a main series game. They just replaced half of the combats in the game with a touchscreen/joy con minigame.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Does knowing this change anything? Especially when apparently they're making a game more in line with the series to this point in 2019?

I guess people get more outraged when a game they don't like is labeled "mainline", but...

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Why is this important again? I'm genuinely curious as to why it's a big deal

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Who cares which title is an entry in the "main" series or not? People who want to play the Go games can, otherwise there's a full fat RPG title in the traditional Pokèmon style releasing next year.

Everyone is happy, no need for "main" or "sub series" labels.