• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/KonamiShop/status/1562867240332058624

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChsToM6jm3W/?hl=en

ATTENTION KONAMI FANS!

For the first time ever, all the classic games you love and the new games you're waiting for are coming to the Official #Konami Shop as Steam Digital Downloads! 23 Games. 18 DLCs. Are you ready to play?

Stay tuned for OKS Games!

#officialkonamishop #konamishop #konamigames #games #gamers #retrogames #gaming #retrogaming #castlevania #silenthill #bomberman #getsufumaden #metalgear #tmnt

Tried checking, didn't see a topic for this, but apologize if already been covered. So my personal interpretation here is this is focused on retro gaming rather than "New" new games, I think they mean there's "new" retro games coming to Steam that aren't on Steam yet included with this, and the new and old comment is in reference to being available for purchase on the Official Konami Shop. This is for the Official Konami Shop, and I believe "Old" means games already on Steam being added to the Official Konami Shop, and "New" refers to new retro games coming to both Steam and the Official Konami Shop. I could be wrong about this, but that's how I personally interpreted it.

In the instagram post, it hashtags a few series; specifically Castlevania, Silent Hill, Bomberman, GetsuFumaDen, Metal Gear and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'm generally happy to have more games come to Steam, and these franchises definitely have a number of entries not on Steam at this point in time. To see!

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a legal way to buy Silent Hill 2 so I can enhance the shit out of it

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
silent hill 2 pc port please

And English localization of Tokimeki Memorial 1 & 2 obviously [we're going full dreamland immediately]

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
To be clear, it's saying that Steam codes will now be sold on the Konami Shop website, not that new games are necessarily being added to Steam.

"New" could just refer to recent or upcoming releases, so this could easily refer only to games that are already on Steam (instead of games being added to Steam) being sold as codes on Konami's site.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
23 games? I wonder though... if its counting each of the Turtles games in the Cowabunga Collection separately then that's basically reduced the number of games heavily already. But who knows... Bomberman ports would be nice like what Contra and CV got - Gimme the Snes, PC Engine, N64 stuff...

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
MGS HD Collection?

200w.gif

Legacy Collection

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, it's saying that Steam codes will now be sold on the Konami Shop website, not that new games are necessarily being added to Steam.

"New" could just refer to recent or upcoming releases, so this could easily refer only to games that are already on Steam (instead of games being added to Steam) being sold as codes on Konami's site.
I'm actually not that pessimistic about this. I agree with you this is about the Konami Shop, but I think by old and new they mean both the back catalogue of what's already on Steam, and new games that aren't on Steam yet are being added to the Official Konami Shop; IE "Old" is games already on Steam being added for purchase on the Konami shop, "New" is games not yet on Steam also coming to Steam and the Konami Online Shop.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't mean they're just going to start offering keys of their games that are already on Steam via their official web store?

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know, I think the Konami shop will just start to sell keys to games already on Steam.

They would tease new Steam releases in Konami's main accounts.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I'm actually not that pessimistic about this either. I agree with you this is about the Konami Shop, but I think by old and new they mean both the back catalogue of what's already on Steam, and new games that aren't on Steam yet are being added to the Official Konami Shop.
Man, I hope so. The classic Castlevania games are already widely available (via Castlevania Anniversary Collection, Requiem, and the Advance Collection), but I would love to see the Metal Gear Legacy Collection and the Silent Hill quadrilogy added to Steam. Those games are criminally unavailable except for Silent Hil 4 :(

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They have 29 games on Steam. Games are coming to their store, which didn't sell them before.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Yeah all the footage is of games already on steam. Temper expectations at least.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm betting it's all the GOG games.

It's been just under 2 years since Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid were added to GOG.
Bet there was a 2 year deal for that.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if only we could get MGS3. But yeah, best to keep expectations low.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, this is 100% it. They have over 23 games on steam. It's just adding another way to buy steam codes straight from them instead.

Oct 8, 2018
Hopefully the hashtags are not just hashtags. It would be a let down to not get Metal Gear or Silent Hill after that Instagram post

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the instagram post, it hashtags a few series; specifically Castlevania, Silent Hill, Bomberman, GetsuFumaDen, Metal Gear and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'm generally happy to have more games come to Steam, and these franchises definitely have a number of entries not on Steam at this point in time. To see!
All those games have a version on steam. WTF you talking bout?
store.steampowered.com

Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Steam

Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of Castlevania.
store.steampowered.com

Silent Hill Homecoming on Steam

In Silent Hill Homecoming, Alex Shepherd has returned to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his brother. From Shepherd's Glen to the foggy streets of Silent Hill, Alex will face the darkest of horrors while struggling with his own grip on reality.
store.steampowered.com

Super Bomberman R on Steam

Bomberman is back and stronger than ever! The 8 Bomberman heroes journey to space to face the Evil Emperor Buggler! Classic Battle Mode is back! Challenge players around the world in online battles!
store.steampowered.com

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon on Steam

Death is not the end: defeat infernal foes until you die and carry on the fight with your eternal soul and memories in a new body!
store.steampowered.com

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN on Steam

Ushering in a new era for the METAL GEAR franchise with cutting-edge technology powered by the Fox Engine, METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain, will provide players a first-rate gaming experience as they are offered tactical freedom to carry out open-world missions.
store.steampowered.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection on Steam

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection contains thirteen prior released classic games. This collection is a great place for gamers to experience these popular titles on Steam.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I want to be excited by the Silent HIll hashtag, but at the same time...

store.steampowered.com

In Silent Hill Homecoming, Alex Shepherd has returned to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his brother. From Shepherd's Glen to the foggy streets of Silent Hill, Alex will face the darkest of horrors while struggling with his own grip on reality.

Surprise us, Konami-san.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of Castlevania.
store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

Bomberman is back and stronger than ever! The 8 Bomberman heroes journey to space to face the Evil Emperor Buggler! Classic Battle Mode is back! Challenge players around the world in online battles!
store.steampowered.com

Death is not the end: defeat infernal foes until you die and carry on the fight with your eternal soul and memories in a new body!
store.steampowered.com

Ushering in a new era for the METAL GEAR franchise with cutting-edge technology powered by the Fox Engine, METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain, will provide players a first-rate gaming experience as they are offered tactical freedom to carry out open-world missions.
store.steampowered.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection contains thirteen prior released classic games. This collection is a great place for gamers to experience these popular titles on Steam.

"A number of entries not on steam"

I don't see mgs hd collection in that list

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I need Steam versions of Metal Gear

I'm so tired of pulling out my old consoles when I want to replay the series. Also crazy that MGS 4 has never released on anything other than the PS3. I wonder if there's something weird about the game that makes porting it impossible.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

With what you're quoting, I'm talking about the fact all of those franchises have many games that aren't on Steam as well. They do have games on Steam as well.

I do have a question, what do you think Konami means by "new games you're waiting for" means in this context? That is Konami's exact wording. It's VERY obvious games already on Steam are coming to the Official Konami Shop, no one is denying that, the reel of what they chose to show obviously even shows that. This is currently up for interpretation, so ultimately to see.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Konami have 25 paid games on steam (23 if we only count mgs V defenitive which incudels GZ and V) and 35 bits of dlc which can probaly be cut down to around 18 if they only sell defenitive editions of their games on the store (12 bits of mgs V dlc which is included in the defenitive edition, 4 bits of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 dlc) etc etc. So this is just Konami selling codes for games that alreday exist on steam on their own store.

This is a nothing announcment.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
The "old" makes me think they'll make a big fuss about Metal Gear and then put the two MSX games on the e-shop. I would actually buy those in a heartbeat though lol.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With what you're quoting, I'm talking about the fact all of those franchises have many games that aren't on Steam as well. They do have games on Steam.

I do have a question, what do you think Konami means by "new games you're waiting for" means in this context?
TMNT Collection is a new game and of course it's pretense for future games when announced will have an option to buy direct from them.