• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I agree somewhat here.

The PC port of MGS1 and MGS2 is pretty bad, the MGS2 port especially. Pressure sensitive controls result in you having to bind a "Weak" and "Slow" key in MGS2, which makes functionality as basic as aiming without shooting require you effectively play twister with the controls. (Hold this key while holding that key, then let go of this key and THEN let go of that key. Want to move while aiming? Hold down a different key. Oh yeah, and the method for aiming without firing ends up being completely different with an assault rifle compared to with a pistol.)

I think a modern port of MGS2 and MGS3 could work but they'd require significant re-tooling of the controls. A dedicated aim and fire key, while "firing" without aiming doing melee attacks like MGSV.

Or just a plain remaster/remake similar to Twin Snakes, with MGSV style controls and mechanics. They'd have to do a loooooot of voice re-dubbing though, because characters in radio calls have to explain the controls.

I'd also love to see Peace Walker ported to PC. If they ever do it, they absolutely must include online CO-OP.
Why do people forget that an Xbox 360 version of MGS2 and MGS3 already exists. The Xbox 360 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. There's already a version of a game adapted properly for controllers with no pressure sensitive buttons. The pressure sensitive stuff is replaced with button combos that make sense.

And Konami would be insane to use anything other than the Xbox 360 version of the HD collection as a basis for a PC + modern consoles port.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think some of you folks here need cool down a bit and are in fact reading too much into this. Unless I'm missing something Dusk Golem never said they have insider knowledge that suggested this store could be a big deal but rather that they just thought it could be worth paying attention to. I very much read their original post as it could be something or could be nothing but they were hopeful it was something. Again, I'm not going to claim to have poured through every page of this thread so maybe there's details I'm missing here.

Yeah, well maybe you ought to actually read at least the last few posts before you make statements like this then. If you can't even put in that small amount of effort, you probably shouldn't be making long walls of text finger wagging people if you don't even know the context of what's being discussed

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I almost never understand Konami business decisions in gaming. With the Steam Deck here.. and the Nintendo Switch out there with a Tegra X1 you could easily get the NVIDIA Shield versions on the Switch.

For the PC it's a bucket full of money waiting to be explored.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I do know something here, but I mainly just want to tease rather than leak it. That's the level I'm comfortable with sharing, simple as that. If the moderation team want me to show my proof, I easily can, but I think at this point they already know I'm not bullshitting. However, I won't share more than I'm comfortable with.

What I am comfortable in saying is I'm not that pessimistic about this, the timing they released this at, and why they're giving an outlet to buy past and future Steam games from them.

BadHumans

Jul 28, 2020
Why do people forget that an Xbox 360 version of MGS2 and MGS3 already exists. The Xbox 360 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. There's already a version of a game adapted properly for controllers with no pressure sensitive buttons. The pressure sensitive stuff is replaced with button combos that make sense.

And Konami would be insane to use anything other than the Xbox 360 version of the HD collection as a basis for a PC + modern consoles port.

View: https://youtu.be/zMEEZCYyfSw I wouldn't want that. I'm not a fan of using the stick as a way to use the coolant or for my CQCs. It's why the achievements don't line up with the trophies. Try getting a top score on MGS1 Snake Hold Up Level 7 with those controls. The HD Collection also doesn't have all the original mechanics and easter eggs.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
So, for people like me outside the US, does anyone have a list of the 23 games?

Steam search says Konami has exactly 23 games on Steam (this should've been a hint, huh) but 4 of them are free to play. Does it include dlc/mtx?

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I do know something here, but I mainly just want to tease rather than leak it. That's the level I'm comfortable with sharing, simple as that. If the moderation team want me to show my proof, I easily can, but I think at this point they already know I'm not bullshitting. However, I won't share more than I'm comfortable with.

What I am comfortable in saying is I'm not that pessimistic about this, the timing they released this at, and why they're giving an outlet to buy past and future Steam games from them.
Damnit Dusk Golem you tease. If you aren't feeling pessimistic about it though I am inclined to believe you and build a tiny nest of hype for myself. Please give me the MGS HD Collection.

Edit: Maybe I should learn to read more before posting but I will retain my hope that some day I will get decent ports of MGS on PC.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Then that's what you should have said to begin with and most people wouldn't have gotten on you like they did. As often is the case, you try too hard to say something simple in weird ways when you could just be straightforward and just end up being more confusing and drawing out things until you just say what you should have said to begin with.

I also don't think it helped here that you obviously backtracked on what your expectations was as your OP and then later posts pretty clearly made it obvious you were expecting actual "new" games here, and then tried to use the fact that didn't happen as further 'teasing' in, again, weird ways that doesn't make it clear what you're trying to say.

Sometimes you just need to either say what you mean or just not say anything. Like all you had to say is something along the lines of 'Well, I've heard some things that made me think there was going to be more. Can't really get into specifics, but I expect there is more to come.' I know you think that it makes for more interesting discussion or whatever, but tbh, it really doesn't. It just makes people want to dunk on you more and push you for more information you, apparently, can't give out. And I know you'll just say you don't care about what they think, but it's obvious with responses like this that you do, at least to some degree.

So, for people like me outside the US, does anyone have a list of the 23 games?

Steam search says Konami has exactly 23 games on Steam (this should've been a hint, huh) but 4 of them are free to play. Does it include dlc/mtx?

It does include DLC. On the US store, at least, there are a total of 44 items you can buy.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

View: https://youtu.be/zMEEZCYyfSw I wouldn't want that. I'm not a fan of using the stick as a way to use the coolant or for my CQCs. It's why the achievements don't line up with the trophies. Try getting a top score on MGS1 Snake Hold Up Level 7 with those controls. The HD Collection also doesn't have all the original mechanics and easter eggs.

So what would you want? Would you want a new re-release to use pressure sensitive buttons that don't exist?

BadHumans

Jul 28, 2020
So what would you want? Would you want a new re-release to use pressure sensitive buttons that don't exist?

No, if 2 and 3 are to be rereleased (and to a lesser extent, 4), then there needs to be a control scheme overhaul. They did it for the FPS VR missions and they did it for ZOE2/Anubis MARS edition. The Xbox360 and Vita solutions aren't optimal with how the game can be played.
But that's just the controls. My issue is that I'd like for the things that were removed or screwed up in the HD Collection be fixed and included for any future releases. (With the exception of MGS2's Skateboarding and Snake VS Monkey. I understand why those mini games were removed.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I think I can say it because VGC reported on it: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-from-a-series-loved-around-the-world-at-tgs/

But the thing I've been a bit teasing of, and I know is 100% true, is Metal Gear Solid 1-3 are getting new Remasters, planned to come to everything, including Steam and consoles. The plan is new remastered versions of Metal Gear Solid 1-3, can buy them separately, but if buy them together as a collection also get Metal Gear 1+2's MSX versions.

I've had this confirmed to me more than once from more than one reliable source, and I wasn't going to leak it but seems Andy decided to already talk about it, but that's what I was alluding to here. It is coming to Steam, but also to consoles.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I think I can say it because VGC reported on it: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-from-a-series-loved-around-the-world-at-tgs/

But the thing I've been a bit teasing of, and I know is 100% true, is Metal Gear Solid 1-3 are getting new Remasters, planned to come to everything, including Steam and consoles. The plan is new remastered versions of Metal Gear Solid 1-3, can buy them separately, but if buy them together as a collection also get Metal Gear 1+2's MSX versions.

I've had this confirmed to me more than once from more than one reliable source, and I wasn't going to leak it but seems Andy decided to already talk about it, but that's what I was alluding to here. It is coming to Steam, but also to consoles.
Why would they remaster the third game if a remake is in development at Virtuos Games? That seems strange to me.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

:O IF ONLY I truly truly wish this is the case! :O

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
:O IF ONLY I truly truly wish this is the case! :O
www.videogameschronicle.com

Konami is set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania and Silent Hill | VGC

The Japanese publisher will reveal major projects after a period of relative quiet…

www.eurogamer.net

Konami has reportedly greenlit a MGS3 remake

A remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 is reportedly in the works, with Konami handing development to Virtuos Studios.That's ac…

ftw.usatoday.com

Virtuos employee confirms "unannounced remake" amid 'Metal Gear Solid 3' rumors

It looks like the rumored Metal Gear Solid 3 remake was real and could be snaking its way to an announcement soon. The developer behind the remake used woodland camo in a desert region — rook…

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

The Japanese publisher will reveal major projects after a period of relative quiet…

www.eurogamer.net

Konami has reportedly greenlit a MGS3 remake

A remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 is reportedly in the works, with Konami handing development to Virtuos Studios.That's ac…

ftw.usatoday.com

Virtuos employee confirms "unannounced remake" amid 'Metal Gear Solid 3' rumors

It looks like the rumored Metal Gear Solid 3 remake was real and could be snaking its way to an announcement soon. The developer behind the remake used woodland camo in a desert region — rook…
I know about these reports thanks for sharing but these have been going around for YEARS now.
And until its real I don't believe it because Konami we all know what that means.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022

Virtuos Studios was supposedly making a remake of MGS3. Is it still alive?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Can I make a thread on this?

Deleted member 119070

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 19, 2022

I want to enter to the MGS franchise, I hope this is true. (I played Ground Zeroes and a little bit of Phantom Pain)

MGS 4 is never coming out of that PS3 isn't it?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
jetstream-sam.gif

Well this is exciting news.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Why would they remaster the third game if a remake is in development at Virtuos Games? That seems strange to me.

A lot of that doesn't really make much sense honestly. They gave MG1 and 2 away via MGS3 solo ages ago and that continued in the HD Collection. I guess they just ripped it out for a bonus is the idea, but like, what kind of bonus is that even lol. Most people aren't going to care about those. It'd be weird. Definitely feels like some info is getting lost in translation somewhere

Virtuos Studios was supposedly making a remake of MGS3. Is it still alive?

The article he posted references that

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
A lot of that doesn't really make much sense honestly. They gave MG1 and 2 away via MGS3 solo ages ago and that continued in the HD Collection. I guess they just ripped it out for a bonus is the idea, but like, what kind of bonus is that even lol. Most people aren't going to care about those. It'd be weird. Definitely feels like some info is getting lost in translation somewhere

The article he posted references that
True

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Holy shit!! Finally!

Too bad no peace Walker - I'll take PW over IV any day

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

Know any info from your source on the deal with MGS4? Any plans to EVER port it? obviously it's a mess under the hood but curious if Konami wants to do something with it in the future

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is all old stuff, so I don't know if it warrants a thread. VGC talked about this back last year

If it means anything, the source I have for this is very recent. Less than a month ago, reason I know how they're planning to release this basically as that wasn't decided until more recently. But this is 100% true.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what the bold is saying
When making a game, the distribution is something decided along the development pipeline. They've been remastering all three games and making versions for pretty much all modern platforms including PC, but how the games are distributed is often more something that's decided between marketing deals with companies, distribution agreements, etc. And in this game's case, they wanted to sell these remaster collections both separately and collectively, so the way to distribute the games for release (and the add-on for getting them as a collection together) was decided and worked out with distribution partners relatively recently.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
When making a game, the distribution is something decided along the development pipeline. They've been remastering all three games and making versions for pretty much all modern platforms including PC, but how the games are distributed is often more something that's decided between marketing deals with companies, distribution agreements, etc. And in this game's case, they wanted to sell these remaster collections both separately and collectively, so the way to distribute the games for release (and the add-on for getting them as a collection together) was decided and worked out with distribution partners relatively recently.
Do you know from your sources if the MGS3 remake made by virtuos will be presented this year?

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Oct 29, 2017
The thing I don't think the public fully realize is Konami had a big shift in management in 2017/2018, and then again for a few key positions in 2020/2021. The truth is, the Konami of 2014 let's say (as basically the biggest year of fuck Konami) doesn't actually run their gaming division anymore. None of the people who made the decisions of the 2010s run Konami anymore. And to get things off the ground takes a few years, buuuut we're the period that things are going to start coming to fruition pretty soon. In a small way, kinda' already happening with their increase in classic game collections. But I get for most people it's a see to believe kinda' thing, so yeah, nothing I say will change that. Just personally not too pessimistic right now.

Hideki Hayakawa is still there in a high position at Konami as far as I know. It's there on their website. Hayakawa was one of the executives (perhaps the main one) responsible for the shift from AAA Console games to mobile, etc. I am not so optimistic at this point. Konami can say all they want that they're returning to console gaming. I don't yer see it. Actions speak louder than words. Time will tell.

Finally, 2015 was the year that Konami really shit the bed, NOT 2014. PT was released in 2014 and taken off of PSN in 2015, along with Silent Hills' cancellation, MGSV's rush job, Konami moving from console gaming, and Kojima being fired. But Hell has finally frozen over, right? Well, how hot is Hell right now anyway?

Last edited:

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017

i mean are the assests supposed to be Made from the Ground up or Resued ?