• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
- Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen.

- Monster Hunter World in terms of gameplay, with elements of Dark Souls in combat.

- Some ex-Destiny 2 team members are involved

- The game rewards agressive play

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
- Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen.

- Monster Hunter World in terms of gameplay, with elements of Dark Souls in combat.

- The game rewards agressive play
Hmm, I wonder what the PC requirements will be. Is it actually gonna say SSD mandatory? And if so, what kind (i.e, will SATA drives work, or is it NVME only?)

Only a few months till we find out.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Full Summary

- Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen. Tailored to run on PS5

- PS5 allows Godfall to feel and play like no other game thanks to PS5 CPU and GPU

- Made by a team of 75 people

- The game rewards agressive play. Skill based combar based on timing in order to hit max damage

- Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series

- Positives around animation

- High fantasy setting divided into Eart, Air, Fire and Spirit Elements

- You are one of the least remaining Knight's Order tasked with stopping an apocolyptic event

- Start of the game you set a classed based on type of armour = 3 sets to pick from. A lot of cutomisation to unlock as you progress

- Bosses designed to repel multiple people at once ie. in co-op bosses can take both of you out

- Game based around drop in and drop out gameplay like Destiny and Monster Hunter World with heavy Dark Souls Influence

Those are all the major points

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Stormlight archive? hypeeee

Such a good series..

DzLLeHRVAAEzD-u.jpg

large.ShardBearers.jpg.b8bd68b329be3c4c3b8e426c8d7fcdce.jpg

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Full Summary

- Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen. Tailored to run on PS5

- PS5 allows Godfall to feel and play like no other game thanks to PS5 CPU and GPU

- The game rewards agressive play. Skill based combar based on timing in order to hit max damage

- Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series

- You are one of the least remaining Knight's Order tasked with stopping an apocolyptic event

- Start of the game you set a classed based on type of armour = 3 sets to pick from. A lot of cutomisation to unlock as you progress

- Bosses designed to repel multiple people at once ie. in co-op bosses can take both of you out

- Game based around drop in and drop out gameplay like Destiny and Monster Hunter World with heavy Dark Souls Influence

Im getting optimistic for this game :)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full Summary

any new screenshots or was it just text?

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Full Summary

Do you mind if I use your post to make a topic?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, the description has my alot more hyped for it.

The previous clips made it seem more like For Honor.

Gameplay elements sound interesting..will probably pick it up at launch now.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Full Summary

Thanks.

That said...

Surejan.gif until I see the pudding. It's such a god damn abstract PR fluff.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
any new screenshots or was it just text?

There were screenshots. I haven't been that close to the game but i haven't seen them before

Do you mind if I use your post to make a topic?

Sure, go ahead

What does that mean lol

I think just in terms of it is taking advantage of the PS5 CPU/GPU configuartion with no loading times of the SSD. But bear in mind it is from the official Playstation Mag so will have some expected bias

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
What does that mean lol
Thanks.

That said...

Surejan.gif until I see the pudding. It's such a god damn abstract PR fluff.
I think just in terms of it is taking advantage of the PS5 CPU/GPU configuartion with no loading times of the SSD. But bear in mind it is from the official Playstation Mag so will have some expected bias
Yeah, I could see if it said because of the SSD. Because of the cpu/gpu doesn't really make sense.

Someone made a good point about PC requirements, since this is only for PS5 and PC. Will SSD be a requirement for PC?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Full Summary

Sounds good so far. Hoping to see more footage

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
What does that mean lol
From interview:

"The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world," Lee said in an interview with PlayStation Lifestyle. "Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller's 'adaptive triggers' and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral."

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
At this point Godfall is the best game ever for me, is the only thing that barely showed up from next gen.

Hellblade, while a cool video it was just that, a video.
The other game... Outriders? Outsomething or Oversomething didn't appeal me in the slightest, Godfall at least showed a light of promise from... twitter gifs...

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
There were screenshots. I haven't been that close to the game but i haven't seen them before

Sure, go ahead

Oh btw someone mention nothing really new with Ghost of Tsushima info did you see anything interesting?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Full Summary

9UI8uiX.gif

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I have not yet made up my mind on Stormlight Archive (the 3rd book is sitting on my bookshelf, waiting its turn), but I do like those words.

My interest is peaked, though of course all that'll matter is how fun it is to play solo on M+K.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017

The list reads like a lot of BS marketing fluff (Stormlight Archive and the First Law series are extremely different for example, almost high vs low fantasy), but this sounds interesting.

What will devs do with those triggers? Lock them when your weapon clashes against an object, so you can't just spam the attack button? So much about PS5 we have no real clue what will or can be done with it.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Oh btw someone mention nothing really new with Ghost of Tsushima info did you see anything interesting?

Nothing new really.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but in terms of the PS5 launch - Almost 4,000 PS4 games will run on PS5 at launch, they will have higher resolutions and frame rates.

PS5 Discs - Ultra HD Blu-ray, up to 100GB/disc

I am not sure if this was known?

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new really.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but in terms of the PS5 launch - Almost 4,000 PS4 games will run on PS5 at launch, they will have higher resolutions and frame rates.

Yeah that was know, thanks! :)

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I can't remember the last time I liked a launch game exclusives, so my expectations are very low.
I am surprised by the 75 members team, it is enough to make big games and not too big to have unmanageable project. So could be great.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new really.

The Backwards Compatibility was known, but this is good, clear cut confirmation.