• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I first heard of this on reddit and lo and behold, it's actually in the official website's source code. You can take a look for yourselves here (it's near the bottom of the source code). Here's what it says;

vo.png

"FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered","description":"Widely beloved, FINAL FANTASY VIII casts unlikely heroes into a war to save the world. The military nation of Galbadia has declared war on the Dukedom of Dollet, who are left with no choice but to hire a mercenary force for their defense. Enter SeeD and its newest member: Squall Leonhart. Together with his friends, Squall joins Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, on an adventure that holds the fate of their world in its balance. FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a complete visual refresh and brings the game's classic story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With fully overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before! FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered is an RPG, available in English and Japanese voiceover, and is also text localized into French, Italian, German and Spanish."

With fully overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before! FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered is an RPG, available in English and Japanese voiceove

Obviously take with a pinch of salt, but if this is true it's pretty crazy. Really looks like SE are going all in on the best FF (don't @ me). Remaster me with two voiceovers if old.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is it weird that I'm more excited for this than VII Remake

Future Gazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Square would be shouting from the rooftops if the whole game was fully voiced.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pretty sure it'll be that much regardless. they just released octopath pc for $60...

Octopath is a much more modern game, though. I'll be disappointed if updated character models inflate the price, and even more so if there's voice acting.

I can always wait for a sale, it's no big deal, but I'd prefer to buy it sooner rather than later.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Can... Can we somehow get David Boreanaz back for Leon (Doug Erholtz has been him in everything outside of the original Kingdom Hearts I think)?

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine it means all lines voiced. If anything, I theorize it might be extra materials added in, like possibly a recap like in DQ11 when loading a save or some narration to help contextualise some cutscenes.

The script for FFVIII is 140 pages, assuming even just 1/3rd is character lines, this is not remaster, this is much bigger. Hence why I believe my theory.

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
A number of people are saying that it's for the soundtrack, but unless I'm mistaken, weren't the only vocal songs Eyes on Me, Liberi Fatali, and Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec, none of which had regional variations? ie Eyes on Me was in English by Faye Wong in all regions.

Granted it is likely that they are doing new localized versions of the theme song, since "Eyes on Me" has been left out of international digital releases of the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack.

But it seems possible that they will do actual voiceovers for the remaster, since they've done as much for the Mana remakes. (I know those are proper remakes and not remasters, but still.)

Last edited:

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Any chance this was copy/pasted from a previous FF remaster's description and just got overlooked here?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'll use this, Remake looks different enough that it's not so jarring but having played this game for hundreds of hours it's going to be weird hearing voices coming from these characters

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there is a new English script because the original is g a r b a g e.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surely news as big as this would've been announced with the game at E3?

It's probably just talking about the music, or they took the promotional text from another FF remaster and pasted it into VIII's website.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
actually, now that people mention it, it could just be copied from the FFX remaster. As that also added new character models didn't it? (and actually had voiceover)