• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 9, 2018

Per the Twitter account, there will be a new remix every day.

It's unclear what these songs are actually for. (Team Sonic Racing DLC?)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah the rumored Sonic Adventure remake has to be happening at this point. Too many signs not to.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you mean

975159-sonic-adventure-xbox-360-screenshot-aw-y-e-a-h-this-is-happening.png

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Sonic Adventure remake might actually be a thing then? Didn't they talk about a possible remake in an interview not too long ago?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Once the melody kicks in on the Station Square remix it sounds like something out of Super Mario Sunshine.
My first thought. It's mainly that the primary instrument is the same (I believe it's an) accordion that the overworld in Sunshine uses. The backing instruments and the breakdown are both distinctly Sonic, though.

Nov 26, 2017
Alright, no.

Look everyone, Sonic Adventure is a great game. I want to see a remake of it as much as the next guy. But we are looking for evidence that probably doesn't exist.

What reason do we have to believe this is hinting towards an Adventure remake? Because they reference Sonic Adventure a lot? So what, they reference all the games because it's THEIR ip. They can't even shitpost about Adventure anymore because people will interpret it as more signs that an Adventure remake is coming when it probably isn't.

Lopes and Senoue probably just took on this project because they were commissioned by Sega and hey, it pays the bills. It is extremely silly to assume that references to Adventure, regardless of how frequent they are, mean a remake is definitely happening, and that's the "Tee" sis.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not a fan of that particular track but I'm looking forward to hearing the other remixes!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a good remake of Sonic Adventure, if only for the developers to remember how to construct a good narrative in a Sonic game

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why Sega would spend the money to commision new remixes if this wasn't to drum up interest in something. Can't be TSR DLC, that game got hardcore abandoned and it wouldn't only add tracks from SA1. Still sceptical about it being an SA1 remake though (as much as I'd like that to happen), and it's too far out to be 30th anniversary related.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
First I'm hearing of a Sonic Adventure remake but I'd be all for it.

If that doesn't happen, oh well, but this music is good so keep it coming.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
My theory that it was TSR DLC is that the tempo fits, and the tempo really doesn't fit for an overworld-type song in a SA1 remake. Abandoned games can still get DLC. (unless this remix is from a canceled DLC, which isn't unprecedented)

Another guess is bonus songs in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, which historically has had a variety of Sonic songs.

Why are we all assuming all four remixes are gonna be from SA1?

Also this. Given the prominence of the logo in the video, I expect multiple games to be represented.

Nov 26, 2017
I don't see why Sega would spend the money to commision new remixes if this wasn't to drum up interest in something. Can't be TSR DLC, that game got hardcore abandoned and it wouldn't only add tracks from SA1. Still sceptical about it being an SA1 remake though (as much as I'd like that to happen), and it's too far out to be 30th anniversary related.
Maybe because Tee makes good music and he wanted to do it?

EDIT: Minimaxir is right actually, in all likelihood this is just a remix for mario and sonic

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with other confused posters on a Sonic Adventure Remake rumor? Is there any sorta' tangible evidence rather than murmurings to believe anything like that, and no Sonic's Twitter posting Sonic Adventure related stuff doesn't count.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is for an Adventure remake but I do think one is coming regardless.
I decided to do just a quick rundown of top results from the last year on anything related to that, it does seem most of the evidence is fans noticing SEGA posting a lot of Sonic Adventure related media on their social media accounts this last year (and apparently they posted a lot of Classic Sonic stuff before the reveal of Mania, some fans claim) and at the start of this year back in January Takashi Iizuka said he wanted to do a Sonic Adventure Remake.

My thought process is they're probably doing Sonic Adventure social media stuff because the game is still popular among fans and this year would be the 20-year anniversary of Sonic Adventure releasing in America (and basically the Japanese anniversary as well as that was a December 1998 title). And some people are just speculating due to Takashi Iizuka's comment at the start of the year, and some fans running that as further "rumors" because it's more likely to eventually come true than other options.

Just my two cents digging for like three minutes.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they are remaking Sonic Adventure 1 (and 2 maybe) I think they should get Ryan Drummond back for Sonic.

But that's a pipe dream.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a Sonic Adventure remake but I doubt that this is pointing to one happening. Seems like they're just doing four new remixes from random games rather than something Adventure-specific.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remake the whole game you cowards!

I'll say it: Sonic Adventure was a perfectly fine transition to 3D for Sonic, not Super Mario 64 levels of fine, but still totally acceptable.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I decided to do just a quick rundown of top results from the last year on anything related to that, it does seem most of the evidence is fans noticing SEGA posting a lot of Sonic Adventure related media on their social media accounts this last year (and apparently they posted a lot of Classic Sonic stuff before the reveal of Mania, some fans claim) and at the start of this year back in January Takashi Iizuka said he wanted to do a Sonic Adventure Remake.

My thought process is they're probably doing Sonic Adventure social media stuff because the game is still popular among fans and this year would be the 20-year anniversary of Sonic Adventure releasing in America (and basically the Japanese anniversary as well as that was a December 1998 title). And some people are just speculating due to Takashi Iizuka's comment at the start of the year, and some fans running that as further "rumors" because it's more likely to eventually come true than other options.

Just my two cents digging for like three minutes.
Iizuka talking about a SA remake is significant, though. He did a complete backtrack of what he had said a year prior.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Y'know... come to think of it....

how can they make Big's fishing possibly be fun?
You can make fishing games fun if you really want to. The problem with Big's Fishing was how terrible it felt to control.

That said, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they just remade Sonic's Story only and then did the speed stages only in Adventure 2.