• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Nice, but I like the original more. If there is a Sonic Adventure Remake, I hope we can choose the OG OST, because it's one of the best in the series.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
You can make fishing games fun if you really want to. The problem with Big's Fishing was how terrible it felt to control.

That said, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they just remade Sonic's Story only and then did the speed stages only in Adventure 2.
The games would be like two hours long.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Don't you mean

975159-sonic-adventure-xbox-360-screenshot-aw-y-e-a-h-this-is-happening.png

Perfect.

I'm heavily out of the loop.

What signs?

Iizuka was like "I want to remake Sonic Adventure 1", for one.

Hopefully the remake happens and it gives us something closer to the original vision of Windy Valley.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The games would be like two hours long.
Yeah, but it's probably better and more importantly cheaper to avoid the padding that dragged down the other games. That being said, I dont really think the alternate playstyles were padding much in SA2 considering they mostly made new levels unlike SA1 where they just chopped up all of sonics stuff.

What you could do is bring back the extra objectives (and add new ones) from both games and then rework the cast (and add new ones) so that they fit into Sonics levels.The multiplayer characters from SA2 are a good example of this. And Tails is pretty much already made that way in SA1. That would give you a more replayability and some of the length back.

Also make the game 40 so the length isnt penalized as much.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
At first I was iffy about a Sonic Adventure remake, when they first talked about it, and rather have a new game but after hearing this remix, I'm down. Now I do wonder if they did do a remake would it have everyone playable from the original or will they just have some of the characters playable but improve on their gameplay styles? If keeping everyone playable, I can see people still hating Big the Cat gameplay and maybe liking Amy's and Gamma's style. Though if they removed some and say only had Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles playable wouldn't we lose some of the lore of Chaos from the other characters?

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good.

At first I was iffy about a Sonic Adventure remake, when they first talked about it, and rather have a new game but after hearing this remix, I'm down. Now I do wonder if they did do a remake would it have everyone playable from the original or will they just have some of the characters playable but improve on their gameplay styles? If keeping everyone playable, I can see people still hating Big the Cat gameplay and maybe liking Amy's and Gamma's style. Though if they removed some and say only had Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles playable wouldn't we lose some of the lore of Chaos from the other characters?

I didn't know a full SA remake was a thing!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

They could come up with a different gameplay style for Big, honestly. I think it'd be a mistake to cut him, he's got that meme appeal Waluigi has (but he's 1000x better than Waluigi don't @me)

Just knock of Umihara Kawase or somethin'

With Amy and E-102 they could get away with small changes, if anything I'd argue the latter's stages probably hold up best in the modern era given how straightforward they are.

But yeah regardless a remake wouldn't be nearly as well received as the original unless they refine every aspect, and given it'd probably made by Sonic Team... I doubt that'll happen.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Dreamcast games finally coming to Sega Ages?

God this is the best possible outcome. If they got M2 to do a proper port of the DREAMCAST version of Sonic Adventure to Switch I would die.

The only good version of Sonic Adventure available on modern platforms is the Steam version because an insanely dedicated fan has painstakingly fixed it with the Dreamcast conversion mod.

A full on remake would be interesting, but part of me doesn't trust Sonic Team not to fuck it up, lmao.

The most wild possibility? They expanded the Sonic Mania team and let them do a Sonic Mania Adventure. An entirely new 3D Sonic game made by the fans for the fans, even going so far as to ape the signature Dreamcast graphical style.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the boat the a SA remake is happening. But I can't imagine it'll turn out to well. Forces showed that Sonic Team's talent is all gone, and the budgets for the games are definitely shrinking.

Sonic Adventure's level designs (for Sonic's stages) were very good for their time. I can't imagine anyone at ST could do better today, since the level design was easily the weakest part of Forces.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I'm in the boat the a SA remake is happening. But I can't imagine it'll turn out to well. Forces showed that Sonic Team's talent is all gone, and the budgets for the games are definitely shrinking.

Sonic Adventure's level designs (for Sonic's stages) were very good for their time. I can't imagine anyone at ST could do better today, since the level design was easily the weakest part of Forces.

That might not be the case anymore since the SEGA CS2 and CS3 merger. Shin Sakura Wars is looking good, so maybe the infusion of talent into Sonic Team will bode well for future Sonic games too. We can hope so anyway.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm replaying both Adventure games right now and I really enjoyed both of them even if there's some jank here and there (and there and here). I want a remake so bad!! I'm ready bring it on

It slaps!

Now let's get some Red Mountain up in this joint.

We are best friends now

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please!
Let the remake be true. Let me invest another hundred hours in Chao Garden

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm secretly waiting for a Sonic Adventure 2 remake or a third game just so I can play a new/improved Chao Garden.

There, I said it.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A Sonic Adventure remake... im down for it. Some qol changes like being able to skip routes would be amazing.

Also I hope they arent afraid with messing with the gameplay to make it more refined (or maybe reworking it entirely with Big).

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd never heard anything about an SA remake, but its assuming it's actually a thing, how do they do it? Entire characters play styles from both games are pretty throwaway.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
The Slap bass was my favorite part of the Welcome to Station Square theme.

While I find the remix nice enough, I still like the original theme more.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
God, Sonic Adventure is such a mediocre-to-bad game.

This is almost as baffling as the Ghostbusters game getting a remaster.

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great remix!

And I don't believe the SA1 Remake is happening, but I would pre-order the second it's announced.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I imported Sonic Adventure months before Westerners got to play it.

But in the last year or two I've learned to love Station Square theme. I used to be exclusive to Mystic Ruin.

^I see it's posted above but it doesn't hurt to post it wherever possible.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna hear or see shit when the next remix is from Sonic 3D Blast.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only sign that a Sonic Adventure remake is coming is that the producer said he would like to do it awhile back. Other than that it's basically playground murmurings.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
This is one of those cases where a remake/reimagining is useful. It seemed like a game where ton of stuff could have been improved, from gameplay to writing... But I imagine most people just want fixed bugs/controls and nicer graphics/performance.