• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
It's true. I'm Canadian, so I realize I don't have as much of a dog in this fight - and perhaps I can't empathize as much with the disillusionment with government (although our own is no example of perfection lately either..) - but I really can't help wonder - every single time I see something new on Trump - how the fuck can anybody still respect/follow this dude. How are polls not showing 100% dissatisfaction etc. - it's crazy to me.
Beyond the ride-or-die MAGA chuds (who simply want to "own the libs"), there are a lot of Republicans who have this attitude of "I may not like that Trump does X, but at least he's doing Y, and he's not a Democrat." They will ignore or explain away or tolerate all the terrible, braindead things he does, his long list of failures and broken promises, as long as he cuts taxes/regulations and tries to stop abortions/immigration. And for some, the cruelty is the point. They're fine as long as he's hurting the right people.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the ride-or-die MAGA chuds (who simply want to "own the libs"), there are a lot of Republicans who have this attitude of "I may not like that Trump does X, but at least he's doing Y, and he's not a Democrat." They will ignore or explain away or tolerate all the terrible, braindead things he does, his long list of failures and broken promises, as long as he cuts taxes/regulations and tries to stop abortions/immigration. And for some, the cruelty is the point. They're fine as long as he's hurting the right people.
Yeah, it's completely fucked. Thanks for the links.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is trying to move his supporters away from Fox News, but the thing is... Fox News works for him because it's the biggest cable news on his side. I'd love for him to continue to burn that bridge, because if Fox News really turns on him, he's beyond over.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of Fox's audience are more diehard Trump cultists than Fox cultists at this stage.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Laying the groundwork for his Trump Network that he wanted if he lost the election.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

There's a guy at my work yesterday who prefaced a little rant by saying he's "THROUGH AND THROUGH DEMOCRAT" and then went down a bog-standard MAGA list of things wrong in politics right now... Hillary's emails, we can't get off fossil fuels, whistleblower is a joke, there's no way to pay for Medicare for All, illegals crossing the border have nicer smartphones then he does (he has what looked to me to be an S9+).

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Giving up the game again.

"Fox News doesn't deliver for us anymore" ... you know, it's supposed to be a news agency and not your personal propaganda machine.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
"Oh well, I'm president"

Really going to be hard to decide which quote of his is the most cartoonish to be scarred into history.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
There's a guy at my work yesterday who prefaced a little rant by saying he's "THROUGH AND THROUGH DEMOCRAT" and then went down a bog-standard MAGA list of things wrong in politics right now... Hillary's emails, we can't get off fossil fuels, whistleblower is a joke, there's no way to pay for Medicare for All, illegals crossing the border have nicer smartphones then he does (he has what looked to me to be an S9+).
Ah yes, that key component of the MAGA crowd, being aggrieved that someone (supposedly) has it better than they do. That the old class system they were accustomed to/believed in - with them on top and the "others" below - has somehow been disrupted.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
The thing that pisses me off most about Trump is that he'll never have a moment of self reflection and self awareness, and realize just how fucking moronic he really is. Even if he goes to prison, even if he's impeached - no matter what it is, he'll always think he was in the right, everyone else was dumb, etc.

Self reflection and awareness go against the modern conservative movement. It's like they're rallying cry.