• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He really is a shit tier YouTuber. He's now calling out journalists? All about those clicks eh.

Off topic but what's with his voice. It's like terribly "fake" any reason for this?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I mean, that's a pretty sensible and relatively politely put opinion tweet. What are you even on about? Why would game "journalists" be above criticism?

All you did is give this guy exposure by the way, I had never heard of him before. I'm not one to go look him up and watch, others are however. Good job.

Time Loop

Feb 2, 2018
I think that his video, while being for a big part a retelling of a twitter thread for those who are too lazy to read that, is made with at least some respect and presents an argumented opinion (and I do mostly agree with it).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah the sensationalism is off the charts with this guy, par for the course with Youtubers though. No idea how and why Konami invited this dude to the MGSV review bootcamp.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
I've seen like 1 or 2 of YongYea's vids and was genuinely surprised to see a lot of hate that he gets.

Is he basically one of those "anything4views" kinds of youtubers who'll pretty much make a video on any trending topic?

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
He says that he respects Jason he just doesn't agree with him on something what's so wrong with that? Is nobody allowed to have opinions nowadays?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His post there seems rather harmless, but there may be some other events that are more damning? I never watched his videos really so I know nothing about him.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea who he is, but nothing about that tweet makes him a "shit tier youtuber" or "a tool".

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
While I do think that he's a trash-tier YouTuber, there's nothing wrong with the tweet.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
So it's not ok for Yong to give out his opinion while not throwing personal insults. But it's ok to call him a shit tier youtuber & call his voice fake.....Look yourself in the mirror OP

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece

What about that tweet? Nothing in the OP is threatening or insulting so why lump it together with that, unless this guy has been named to be among those in private.

Also on the internet one can get insults and nasty messages for anything or even nothing, it's par for the course and a deflection from the topic really.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Nothing is wrong with that tweet. Come on OP. Stop with this click bait thread titles.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dude is terrible.

Here's how he rebuts one of the tweets, where Jason says something like "if you do sidequests it's fine"

He suggests that not everyone wants to explore and do optional content for dozens of hours. Like, how much more disingenuous can you be, that you would frame your argument that way?

Yongyea is the exact type of Youtuber he was talking about (though Sterling was the obvious target).

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched Yong before. He veers into GG territory with some of his vids so I've cut back , but his position on MTC is pretty consistent. I don't understand the OPs objection

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's not ok for Yong to give out his opinion. But it's ok to call him a shit tier youtuber & call his voice fake.....

Seems like a case of this:
1324596542030_7713053.png

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
OP, If you wanted 5 pages of shitposts attacking a YouTuber you should have made a Jim Sterling thread

Everyone who hates Yong for being anti MXT is busy defending Assassin's Creed Odyssey right now

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My objection is the fact that he mentions microtransactions as an issue and then one person states it's not and therefore boom he's wrong and I'm right oh and thanks gives me more ad revenue. It's just cheap YouTubing IMO

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
"derogatorily generalizes YouTubers" is disingenious as hell if you actually look at what Jason tweets and actually look at YT culture

This is some #notallyoutubers nonsense

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I mean, that's a pretty sensible and relatively politely put opinion tweet. What are you even on about? Why would game "journalists" be above criticism?

All you did is give this guy exposure by the way, I had never heard of him before. I'm not one to go look him up and watch, others are however. Good job.
/thread

How does this make him a tool in any way? and there's nothing wrong with his voice...?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm listening now. This seems perfectly sensible and even handed.

He says he can respect someone even if he doesn't always agree with them. Try that out.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Not that Jason Schreier is a saint either, his gaming tastes are something else.

But I don't think we should criticize both of them for just expressing their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.