• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But what could this mean?

There have been rumours that Pokémon Switch would be revealed this week for a while, and the purported leaks we've had so for match up with this wording- a whole new history by going back to the originals, maybe?

It's very unlikely for a Pokémon game to be exclusively revealed on a Japanese show in this day and age, so we can probably expect a full reveal either today or tomorrow.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
whole new history would mean alternate timeline/reboot.

Which doesn't mean its going to be exactly the same 150, they would mix it up somehow

BUT

RESET THE CLOCK!

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
43Q0L5N.jpg

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly it'll be actually revealed tomorrow. 31st is the date for the show specifically.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
  • New history
  • Kanto again
  • 150 Pokémon
The more I hear about this game the more I'm convinced that they're actually going to announce the Game Boy Classic and rerelease Red and Blue.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Fallen Hero timeline split confirmed. Red dies, Team Rocket takes over the world. Pokemon Historia ebook for Nintendo switch coming 2019. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee for Nintendo 3DS coming Holiday 2020

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
A whole new history is probably referring to the fact that these will be the first mainline Pokémon games on a home console.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would happen if this was just for the movie.

I just don't get excited when a Japanese outlet hypes something up because usually it's underwhelming or nothing.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They're not going to reveal a mainline game at Oha Suta. This is either a spin-off or there will be an official Direct reveal to accompany this.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Are they going to release us from the madness?

Watch it be absolutely nothing Switch related

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
The big question for me is if we'll see any ingame footage before E3.
They're not going to reveal a mainline game at Oha Suta. This is either a spin-off or there will be an official Direct reveal to accompany this.
If Oha Suta specifically calls it Pocket Monsters, then it should be referring to the mainline series. Last I remembered, in Japan only the main series is called Pocket Monsters while the spin-offs are called Pokemon.

I'm guessing we'll see a Direct sometime before the episode airs in Japan.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They actually did it! They managed to clone/create actual, real-life Pokemon, to showcase in their new theme park!

...Probably not.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I remember last time I was hyped for a Pokemon announcement all I saw was a title logo. Since then I've kinda turned off on the whole news thing haha.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Historia book collection?

Because I'd be down for some of that.

Oh, and yeah if it's the Switch game then that's cool too.

asun

Nov 10, 2017
so, is it going to be a dystopian kanto where we find out we're part of professor oak's devious plan to rule the world? save us team rocket!

JordanKZ

Oct 27, 2017
If you all hype the shit out of this, there's going to be nothing but disappointment!

Temper your expectations!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think story may have been a better translation than history tbh

Wish I could edit tweets