• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine will be issuing an order to close all bars and restaurants Sunday night at 9 p.m. to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

During a press conference, Gov. DeWine added that establishments can stay open for carry-out and delivery but what we can't have is people congregating and seating.

"I'm aware that this will impact many, many good workers. I can't tell you how sorry I am, but we will work to mitigate the suffering," DeWine said. "It is our goal for everyone to get through this."

www.10tv.com

Gov. DeWine announces closure of Ohio bars, dine-in restaurants

Gov. DeWine added that establishments can stay open for carry-out and delivery.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. In theory, it sounds good, but won't the people who were going to get prepared food at a restaurant now just go to a supermarket and get prepared food there? Ideally, people would just stay home, but if they're determined to get prepared food, you're just sort of shifting where people go, no?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. In theory, it sounds good, but won't the people who were going to get prepared food at a restaurant now just go to a supermarket and get prepared food there? Ideally, people would just stay home, but if they're determined to get prepared food, you're just sort of shifting where people go, no?
Take out is still an option.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
All over Twitter you're seeing people stubbornly refuse to practice the distancing that experts are advising. Sad that it's come to this but hopefully people will realize that they need to take this seriously.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's still better. Going to the supermarket occasionally to shop is better than sitting in a space for an hour + with a few hundred others.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
All for our states strong response, but I am concerned about friends in the food industry not having a source of income. That's fucked.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where am I supposed to go?
WZr1pCZ.png

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Waving unemployment waiting periods will be suspended, and loans for small business + nonprofits will be expedited as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of DeWine (I live in Ohio) but he's been making the right calls so far. Sucks for industry workers and unfortunately it probably won't be until after the election that we may see a stimulus package to help out those in need, not just oil companies and airlines.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Proud of my state and DeWine (never thought I would say that) for taking proactive measures. He also announced they are extending unemployment benefits for people impacted by coronavirus and payouts immediately.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of DeWine (I live in Ohio) but he's been making the right calls so far. Sucks for industry workers and unfortunately it probably won't be until after the election that we may see a stimulus package to help out those in need, not just oil companies and airlines.

It's a low bar but he's doing better than a lot of republicans.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, I'm so glad they are making all these moves here. Dr. Amy Acton (ODH Director) is incredible and Gov. DeWine is listening to the science.

We're leading the nation this time.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
All over Twitter you're seeing people stubbornly refuse to practice the distancing that experts are advising. Sad that it's come to this but hopefully people will realize that they need to take this seriously.

I drove through short north yesterday evening and saw bars with 100+ people shoulder to shoulder.

This is necessary because people are goddamn dumb.

Yes, I'm so glad they are making all these moves here. Dr. Amy Acton (ODH Director) is incredible and Gov. DeWine is listening to the science.

We're leading the nation this time.

Yep. DeWine is acting opposite of a republican.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Why the hell it's not nation wide?

Really, Jesus, I thought Poland is slow and behind everyone else but now I'm seeing so many "more developed" countries taking an absolute piss with this. Close. Everything. Now.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm absolutely shocked by the aggressive and proactive approach DeWine has done with this, not a fan of his but kudos for talking this seriously. Having said that I really hope all of these small businesses can survive this.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
The mayor just proposed this for Nashville, and greatly reducing restaurant capacity.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
You can still order carryout, which is nice since employees can still work and families who are having trouble buying groceries can still eat a meal. I'm fine with it. I'm sure it will impact many restaurant employees though who won't need to be fully staffed.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I always felt like you understand me and Bledsoe the most.
Bledsoe was my dude. He was no Kordell Stewart of Bubby Brister but he had skills and heart, that cannot be denied.

That team really went to shit when they betrayed him.

Remember not to hoard your liquor Sanjuro. This is the darkness before the dawn, but the dawn is coming. With a national hangover that the we will never forget...

Status
Not open for further replies.