• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if the impending legal battle of this will result in the Ohio results hanging in limbo for a month or so. The governor's declaration really throws everything out of wack and voting is a constitutional right

Magni

France had elections on Sunday with record low turnout, and have since delayed the second round (due for this coming Sunday) to late June. Constituonally this is supposed to void the results of the first round, but I'm not sure that has been settled.

What's on the ballot in Ohio? It seems a bit foolish to have a primary now (oh, and vote by mail needs to become the standard nationwide).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Judge a right guy or Dem? Because I can't see this without him wanting a to fuck over the vote.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dangerous Dumb Judge, dumb groups pushing for it, dumb Bernie for even staying in when he has no shot.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the judge's fault. There's nothing in the law allowing for what the governor tried. This is all on Dewine and the misinformation and confusion that comes from trying to do things last minute.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is all on the governor for trying to delay an election with less than 24 hours notice. There's no world in which the correct thing to do is to tell poll workers the election is cancelled before the case has been settled. How dumb can you be to do that?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Focusing on the younger generations may finally payoff.

If Sanders wins ohio tomorrow I hope it gets the "It's impossible for Sanders to win!" crowd to quit whining about him not dropping out.
You serious right now? Biden is going to destroy him in FL and IL. OH is irrelevant, and Bernie still being in this race is disgusting.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
You serious right now? Biden is going to destroy him in FL and IL. OH is irrelevant, and Bernie still being in this race is disgusting.
I doubt Bernie could win Florida but there's potential for him to do well in IL and OH if older folks don't turn out. It would be a highly unlikely turn of events, but a guy can dream.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What do the last two super Tuesdays have to do with younger people supposedly freaking out more than older people?
Older people are showing up in record numbers shows that they largely aren't afraid of the virus. As for younger people being more afraid, that's largely anecdotal from what I've experienced.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I doubt Bernie could win Florida but there's potential for him to do well in IL and OH if older folks don't turn out. It would be a highly unlikely turn of events, but a guy can dream.
Biden is beating Bernie in the IL polls by 20-38% in recent days.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah delicious, a taste of November early.

We are so very very fucked. Throw in Russian misinformation and Trump crooning to his base to ignore the hoax and come vote and you've got the perfect recipe for the lowest voter turnout in years.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Yeah, the last two super Tuesday's.
Yeah... I wouldn't really say that proves anything. The coronavirus situation is changing pretty rapidly. Since last Tuesday things have gone from business as usual to entire states being shutdown aside from essential businesses. We didn't see people panic buying groceries until late last week. The majority of people are just now starting to take this outbreak seriously.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Lol sabotage, what? You make it sound like Sanders is the one responsible for the Coronavirus or something.
No. But the only way Sander's can overtake Biden is for fuck how like this happening in every remaining state so people don't know if they are able to vote.

I swear you guys are on some flat Earth/jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams/dinosaurs on the Ark level when it comes to denying the electoral math.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the "will of the people at the convention" candidate would be happy with his supporters being giddy at the prospect of only being able to win because of depressed turnout.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whether you think in-person voting in Ohio should have been shut down or delayed or not, the way this was communicated was horrible.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Whether you think in-person voting in Ohio should have been shut down or delayed or not, the way this was communicated was horrible.
He was very upfront though..he said when announcing it that he didn't have the power to do it, but based on new data this morning he was sending it to the court. I don't know what else he could've said.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
He was very upfront though..he said when announcing it that he didn't have the power to do it, but based on new data this morning he was sending it to the court. I don't know what else he could've said.
He did this less then one day before the election he really messed this all up.

So yeah this his fault alone for waiting really late.

infamous5445

Dec 3, 2019
So what are the chances older voters are too scared to turn out, and younger voters carry Sanders to victory in Ohio?

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
No. But the only way Sander's can overtake Biden is for fuck how like this happening in every remaining state so people don't know if they are able to vote.

I swear you guys are on some flat Earth/jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams/dinosaurs on the Ark level when it comes to denying the electoral math.
I've already admitted that Sanders winning is highly unlikely. You make it sound like I'm the devil because I still have a sliver of hope that we could have a president that supports M4A.

As a sanders supporter I already feel like I'm ostracized from the party and being compared to a conspiracy theorist doesn't really help in that regard. But #unity though right?

THube

Oct 27, 2017
I've already admitted that Sanders winning is highly unlikely. You make it sound like I'm the devil because I still have a sliver of hope that we could have a president that supports M4A.

As a sanders supporter I already feel like I'm ostracized from the party and being compared to a conspiracy theorist doesn't really help in that regard. But #unity though right?

Yeah I've been seeing this attitude from a lot of Biden ppl here and it sucks, hard.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018

Man, havent you heard? Sanders's M4A and student debt forgiveness are all pie-in-the-sky, unrealistic fantasies. Not at all like curing all forms of cancer like joe Biden has promised.

Unity only matters when it can help drag the party further right.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017

Not the devil, but why would you be happy for your candidate to win because of a fuck up? And not even a meaningful win because it won't change the math.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Illinois, but Im pretty concerned because my 91 old grandpa that just got out of rehab from a fall wants to still go to vote. I mean obviously I'm happy for the fact that he wants trump the fuck out and is hardcore dem, but the idea of him and maybe also my grandma going there is not good to me.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Illinois, but Im pretty concerned because my 91 old grandpa that just got out of rehab from a fall wants to still go to vote. I mean obviously I'm happy for the fact that he wants trump the fuck out and is hardcore dem, but the idea of him and maybe also my grandma going there is not good to me.
Sorry :( I guess you just have to make sure he follows all the guidelines.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie needs to just drop out already.

When the only hope that you have is that bunch of people don't vote because all those people would not vote for that person, yikes.

When it's in the bag, what is the point.

People need to get ready for November.

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017