• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio voter here. On the fence if I'm going to vote tomorrow. Sucks, but I'm trying to quarantine as much as possible. I've generally been impressed with how serious DeWine is taking this, but he could have done this way earlier.

Jan 29, 2018
It really should be postponed. I feel weird about going to vote when the rest of the world is telling me I should stay home.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
shouldn't have tried to cancel it the day before, now you need to own that mistake of trying to cancel it the day before.

not cancelling it earlier is a separate discussion

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Ah delicious, a taste of November early.

We are so very very fucked. Throw in Russian misinformation and Trump crooning to his base to ignore the hoax and come vote and you've got the perfect recipe for the lowest voter turnout in years.

This is a massive overreaction. We have no idea what things will be like in November and the idea that it would be the "lowest voter turnout in years" is just not based in any factual or logical argument.

Seriously, enough with the running around with our heads cut off "we're so fucked" nonsense.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
While it'd be nice for this to be postponed or for the deadline for mail-in ballots to be extended, I have to say that people should really just choose to vote via mail in advance in case they can't make it to a voting center in general. You can still vote in person if you have a mail-in ballot. I don't understand people's insistence on trading convenience and flexibility for this sense of pride they get by physically going to a voting center.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
So what are the chances older voters are too scared to turn out, and younger voters carry Sanders to victory in Ohio?
Considering all the older men and women I saw today in grocery stores.. about 0%.

Also not a fan of how DeWine has handled the situation. He was doing good up until this point, but he really messed up here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How can she overrule a judge?

The election is still happening. But the polling places are all closed by the health director so you physically can't go cast your vote. Some legal experts are saying that unless a judge acts, that means that when the polls close tomorrow night, the only votes that will count for Ohio's Primary will be the mail in ballots.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The election is still happening. But the polling places are all closed by the health director so you physically can't go cast your vote. Some legal experts are saying that unless a judge acts, that means that when the polls close tomorrow night, the only votes that will count for Ohio's Primary will be the mail in ballots.
This is stupid as hell and going to really piss people off.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a shitshow this is going to be.

Guess we need the thread title changed

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

We also had early voting, so I'd assume that would count too. I early voted last week in anticipation of the worst.

The feedback I'm seeing (I live in Ohio) is quite the opposite, actually

Only thing I'm seeing is a lot of confusion and people anxious and upset that this wasn't handled properly.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bernie drop out plz.
This is an actual fucking emergency.
In any other country a party would coalesce around one candidate.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Biden should agree to adopt M4A in exchange for Bernie dropping out. It would be the ultimate show of unity and Biden would only be that much stronger in the GE.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
User Banned (1 Week): Drive-By Trolling; Prior Bans for the Same
this is on Bernie

this could have ended last week

but Bernie being stubborn is putting people's lives at risk when the page could have been turned towards the general