• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ok Capcom, playtime is over, it's time to bring Jill Valentine back.

• Jill's return is way overdue. Bring her back right now!

Votes: 290 70.7%
  • It's been a while, but I don't mind waiting.

Votes: 47 11.5%
  • Nah, I don't care either way.

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • Who?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Just. Take. A. Look. At. This:

JvD1XiN.png

There is a sale of the RE franchise right now on Steam and this is the picture that I saw announcing it. Look there's Leon, Claire, Chris... and... Where is Jill?!

The last time she was a protagonist in a main Resident Evil game was 17 years ago with REmake. She was a secondary character in RE5 in 2009 and a protagonist in the spin-off Revelations in 2012 and that's it! Of the "original four" she is the only one that has yet to appear in the RE engine!

She is a legendary female protagonist in gaming and she is utterly abandoned. I cannot accept this and remain sane.

Just bring her back Capcom. In her full glory.

That's all.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
She ain't on that picture because there's no RE3 on Steam and in the REmake she's just the personified Beginner's Mode.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd love to see Jill star in a new RE entry and not just a remake, but so long as they don't try to reinvent the character.

I still can't get over the direction they took some of the characters (RE5/6 especially), but the way they handled Leon and Claire in RE2make was done well. (I realize those aren't evolutions but adjustments made to the originals, but still)

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
REmake 3 sure, but not RE8. Even numbered RE games are a Leon and Ada show. Jill's welcome to tag along though.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
She's hella underrated. People seriously go asking for Leon or Chris for Smash when Jill is right there.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
If Resident Evil gets a Smash rep, it should be Jill.

I like Leon and Claire better as characters, but I have to concede that Jill is more iconic.

ANYONE BUT CHRIS (who sucks)

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Additional character in project resistance.

In fact I think that's how the MTX is going to work. Additional seasons/packs with respective legacy characters and monsters.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Just. Take. A. Look. At. This:

JvD1XiN.png

There is a sale of the RE franchise right now on Steam and this is the picture that I saw announcing it. Look there's Leon, Claire, Chris... and... Where is Jill?!

The last time she was a protagonist in a main Resident Evil game was 17 years ago with REmake. She was a secondary character in RE5 in 2009 and a protagonist in the spin-off Revelations in 2012 and that's it! Of the "original four" she is the only one that has yet to appear in the RE engine!

She is a legendary female protagonist in gaming and she is utterly abandoned. I cannot accept this and remain sane.

Just bring her back Capcom. In her full glory.

That's all.
Revelations is a main title...

And she'll be back soon.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
As much as I like Jill and the rest of the cast. I kinda wish they'd reboot the series and use new characters. That's something I really enjoyed in RE7.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Excluding remakes, for as long as RE stays on the horror path I would prefer that we don't get games starring the classic RE characters. Give me new scenarios with new characters and stories. I liked Ethan in RE7 but even I would be disappointed if he returned for the starring role in RE8.

If RE8 does star a classic RE character then I want WAY more from them compared to what we've gotten. Surface level stuff works for the introductory game but a character like Jill has had a major role in maybe 3-4 different games now and there hasn't been a lot in the way of interesting character evolution. Make it important that I'm playing as Jill Valentine. Do something interesting with the classic RE character(s) if you're going to use them.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
JUSTICE FOR MY GIRL.

The thing that I don't understand is that she is the most popular character in the game, along with Chris.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, i get your point about she not being featured in that particular banner but:
resident-evil-5-xbox-one-nuevo-original-domicilio-D_NQ_NP_116505-MCO25026291213_082016-F.jpg

She's still all over the boxarts for the newer ports of the game. In the end tho, i'm not arguing, REmake3 is gonna be great. Just hoping the keep the dodge mechanic on it (and i wouldn't be mad if they do decide to bring melee attacks for it)

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Debatable. Revelations was a 3DS exclusive that didn't aim to the same production values as RE5 or RE6, even if it was a great handled title. And she might be back soon, or not.
Debate Capcom I guess. Also Revelations 1 did aim for high production values, just look at it. It's still the best looking 3DS game out there.

She will be back soon. I'm not speculating.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Debate Capcom I guess.

She will be back soon. I'm not speculating.

I'll debate it not being called Resident Evil "number". I think Revelation is not a spin-off in the same way, say, "gun survivor" was, but I also don't think it had the same level of resources put into it as a maingame like RE5 or RE6 had. It's a kind of main game light.

And until we have any official world, everything is speculation.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I'll debate it not being called Resident Evil "number". I think Revelation is not a spin-off in the same way, say, "gun survivor" was, but I also don't think it had the same level of resources put into it as a maingame like RE5 or RE6 had. It's a kind of main game light.

And until we have any official world, everything is speculation.
It's impossible to have the same budget as a PS3 game since it was a 3DS game. Capcom considers it main. That should be enough.

REmake 3 is coming.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
That's my point. Just as it's impossible to have the same budget as the main games, it's impossible to consider Revelations in the same levels as those games.
It still has a high budget for a 3DS game.

Look, Capcom considers them main games. It's their series, they have the final say about this.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Only if it's for the Resident Evil 3 remake otherwise I'd prefer Capcom to use a new cast of characters going forward for the mainline games like 7 (mostly) did.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they will give us a bone soon.

I hope they nail her attitude as RE3s Jill was the most badass. A shame about RE5s Jill.