• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ok Capcom, playtime is over, it's time to bring Jill Valentine back.

• Jill's return is way overdue. Bring her back right now!

Votes: 290 70.7%
  • It's been a while, but I don't mind waiting.

Votes: 47 11.5%
  • Nah, I don't care either way.

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • Who?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Code Veronica, Revelations and Revelations 2 aren't spin offs for Capcom.

Code Veronica is different from both Revelations 1 and 2 I think. That was a full fledged title that simply didn't have a number on it. Revelations wasn't that. Indeed, you see people (mistakenly) saying CV is the true RE3, but I doubt very many people will say Reveltations is the true RE6 (even if it's a better game).

I think in the OP I should have put smaller/secundary title instead of spin-off to avoid this confusion.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I want to believe that the rumor if partually true since REsistance would have started as a side mode for REmake3 but was later outsourced to the now known taiwanese company to make the 4v1 MP game.

Resident Evil 3 remake should stay developed in house...

I don't want to say (too many) bad things about Project RE because there is enough of that already, but I'll say this: if that is in any shape or form a representative of what we should expect in R3make, I'd prefer to way 17 years for it.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to say (too many) bad things about Project RE because there is enough of that already, but I'll say this: if that is in any shape or form a representative of what we should expect in R3make, I'd prefer to way 17 years for it.
We don't know for sure what features or gameplay mechanics would have been from the remake initially until we get the announcement.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about who has the final say, it's about the fact Revelations is a smaller game than mainline Resident Evil titles. Anyone who plays the game will notice this. No one expects Revelations 3 to be the next major step in the RE franchise, that will be the role of RE8. Adn that's even considering Revelations 2 was a major step up from the first game in term of values, I wouldn't be surprised if Rev 3 follows this trend.
What fans think has no importance.

Capcom has the final say when it comes to saying what is or what's not mainline.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What fans think has no importance.

Capcom has the final say when it comes to saying what is or what's not mainline.

I think what fans think have a lot of importance.

But anyway, do you disagree that Revelations is a smaller game compared to RE5 or RE6 or RE7? Do you think it could have been called RE7 for example? Because this is what I'm saying, regardless what status Capcom wants to give it.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I think what fans think have a lot of importance.

But anyway, do you disagree that Revelations is a smaller game compared to RE5 or RE6 or RE7? Do you think it could have been called RE7 for example? Because this is what I'm saying, regardless what status Capcom wants to give it.
Not when it comes to stuff like this. Capcom's authority is absolute.

RE3 was a smaller game than RE2 and was still considered worthy of having the number so yes, REV could have been RE6 and it would have been fine. Not every main title has to be bigger than the past ones.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Not when it comes to stuff like this. Capcom's authority is absolute.

RE3 was a smaller game than RE2 and was still considered worthy of having the number so yes, REV could have been RE6 and it would have been fine. Not every main title has to be bigger than the past ones.

I think Capcom has the final word when it comes saying what is canon or what is not, which is I believe they mean when they say Revelations in a main entry.

RE3 is not that much smaller than RE2 (if it's indeed smaller), and definitely more close to it than Revelations is to RE5-RE6. I think we have very different views on the scope and size of Revelations and what is expect of a flagship RE title.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I think Capcom has the final word when it comes saying what is canon or what is not, which is I believe they mean when they say Revelations in a main entry.

RE3 is not that much smaller than RE2 (if it's indeed smaller), and definitely more close to it than Revelations is to RE5-RE6. I think we have very different views on the scope and size of Revelations and what is expect of a flagship RE title.
Our views are irrelevant. Capcom considers both Revelations games mainline.

Case close.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
please capcom!!

hWmQOEF.jpg

0USIZ66.jpg

you know what to do!!

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Capcom forgot about Jill. She's in the TEPPEN game, I guess. RE8 is gonna be Leon x Ada as usual so keep hoping for her return in a new canon entry in Revelations 3 or RE9!