• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
A true masterpiece doesn't need a sequel.

No time and they creatively want to branch out. It'll probably get made by Japan Studios maybe?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only want a Bloodborne 2 if Miyazaki is 10000% behind it.

At this point it doesn't seem that he is. And who can blame him after Demons, Dark Souls 1, 2, 3 and Bloodborne.
A run to make masters jealous!

Let the old blood lie dormant for now.

Can we fucking stop with the endless Bloodborne 2/Demon's Souls remastered threads already?
We're just waiting for FromSoft to reply!

Any day now!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So, folks, without spoiling the ending (because I recently got to The Unseen Village of Yhargul and Nightmare Frontier), does the game's conclusion support the presence of a sequel?

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
Ok ERA what's your theory on why we haven't seen Half-Life 3 yet?

its a popular game, beloved by many people, it came out eleven years ago.

Seems weird there's no sequel announcement yet

Oct 27, 2017
We're just waiting for FromSoft to reply!
Any day now!
Maybe keep waiting instead of rehashing the same nothing threads multiple times a week. Seriously, can we at least just get a megathread for this?

So, folks, without spoiling the ending (because I recently got to The Unseen Village of Yhargul and Nightmare Frontier), does the game's conclusion support the presence of a sequel?
Not in any way shape or form. Or formless form. It's neatly tied up, a complete story as opposed to the Souls games, which take place in cycles.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Yes.

There are many ways they could go for a sequel set in either the true or the bad endings.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 3.34.43 PM.png

(Had to...)

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Honestly dont care if its BB, Souls, Sekiro or something different as long as theyre making games I can play.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Sony would bite From's hand off for Bloodborne 2, It still sold well and not every game is going to sell like Spider-Man and Uncharted
How much did it sell? Compared to amount of people who own a PS4. I'm sure attach rate goes into some consideration

Don't think we will do another exclusive. More dark souls multiplats probably

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
The original Demon Souls contract had a sequel clause, Demon Souls was a flop so Sony indicated they had no interest in a sequel, From took it to Namco and it became Dark Souls. In the meantime Demon Souls became the sleeper hit of the generation, Sony back-peddled and activated the sequel clause on the Demon Souls contract. The games being so similar (Demon's & Dark Souls) meant that From had to rework things in order to not step on Namco's toes, and that's how we got Bloodborne.

TL:DR - Bloodborne is contractually a sequel to Demon Souls, and represents the completion of that obligation, not the start of a new one.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
PS5 launch window game.
It is for hardcore, so probably not worth making a sequel for ps4, but instead to make those that love the souls series a reason to choose ps5

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They probably want to give the genre some time to breathe, which is why From is taking a break from DS too. I'm sure they will revisit it when From is ready.

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do, if for no other reason than to make the people that get irrationally angry at the very idea of a sequel to shit themselves to death with rage diarrhea.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Greatness tends to only fly once.

While I would love a second one, if it is happening I don't think it will happen until next generation.

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that From only agreed to a one-game contract and Bloodborne was it. It makes little sense for them to make multiple games for Sony as opposed to creating games for which they own the IP, as is the case with Dark Souls and Sekiro.

Edit - I did forget Deracine, but I doubt that's taking up a lot of resources comparatively.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sony has no reason to pursue it? - hahahaha omg you're funny

It's exactly what Sony wants
Genuinely, why would Sony want to publish more exclusives that sell 2 million when they routinely have made exclusives that sell 2x-5x that?

Every game they create requires some of their limited capital to develop, so why would they sink that capital in a project that will make a 125% return when one of their own studios could use it to make a 200% or 300% return?

Yes, projects outside of their normal purview will bring in some new people to the PS4 ecosystem, but at this point I'm guessing there are very few hardcore gamers left that don't already own a PS4 but would buy one for Bloodborne 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Not every masterpiece needs a sequel. Let From flex its creative muscle with Déraciné and Sekiro. And hopefully a new Armored Core or something else that is sci-fi. They would nail a spiritual Dead Space successor.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I bet that Déraciné releases and there is a single line of dialogue that vaguely implies or hints that it's set in the same universe as Bloodborne.

There's your Bloodborne 2.

Bonus points if they put the prayer from Demon's Souls into Déraciné and maybe a painting that features something vaguely similar to Dark Souls to tie it all together. It's a sequel to every single game, all at once.

Last edited:

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it doesn't need a sequel. Let From Software work on new games like Sekiro.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Either it's a PS5 Exclusive, want to let Sekiro release first, or it's just not happening due to from not wanting to do another traditional Soulsborne game.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
When FROM saw AstroBot they decided to make Bloodborne 2 as launch game for PSVR2.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its a matter of when not if. They're going to make a sequel to it and it will be worth the wait.

Then we laugh at all the people who didnt want a sequel.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I bet that Déraciné releases and there is a single line of dialogue that vaguely implies or hints that it's set in the same universe as Bloodborne.

There's your Bloodborne 2.

Bonus points if they put the prayer from Demon's Souls into Déraciné and maybe a painting that features something vaguely similar to Dark Souls to tie it all together. It's a sequel to every single game, all at once.
Yes. I mean I still want BB2 but I like that same universe idea. Even though I have no idea what deracine will play like