• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
P.O.I.N.T. is an organization in the show, and yes, I know it's a dumb title <3.
tumblr_ornth697iz1ry3yvsu3.gif

Created by Ian Jones-Quartey
Episodes released: 38

ok_ko_logo8juw5.png

OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes is a show about little helpful boy K.O. trying to become a hero by working at Mr. Gar's Bodega on Lakewood Plaza Turbo (with fellow pals Enid and Rad). But watch out! Right across the street is the evil Boxmore Corporation led by Lord Boxmore that is into mass-producing deadly robots like Cowboy Darrell, Shannon 2.0 and Raymond (and sometimes less deadly ones, like Jethro), and, uh-oh, they're all set on destroying the plaza! Harness the power of friendship in this cute and fun romp through a super-powered world.

Title Screen
End Credits

Sorry for the OP w/o too much info, I'll try to update this thread more w/ some time, but rn Psxphile and I decided it's best to at least have a thread so people can talk about it. Sadly, I lost the old thread and didn't have it saved, and cache isn't cooperating too much.

s76jdf3mkstq.png

Now bow to Queen Shannon, and have a Punchtastic Day!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
We're back! And Happy Halloween!

tumblr_oyo1upoTBO1smqcdfo1_540.jpg

promo art by Brandon Wu

Upcoming Episode list according to various third-party sources (airing dates unconfirmed):

Back in Red Action (November 3, 2017)
Enid teams up with Red Action to take on a menace from the future.
Let's Take A Moment (November 10, 2017)
Mr. Gar and Carol fight a villain from their past.
Villains' Night Out (November 17, 2017)
Lord Boxman forces his way into an exclusive Villains party.
Villains' Night In (November 17, 2017)
While Boxman and Venomous are out, Fink is reluctantly babysat by Darrell and Shannon.

Un-aired episodes w/ TBD airing schedules:

Plaza Shorts 1 (TBA, will probably be released as actual shorts online at some point)
KO's inner monologue; news report on an exciting day at Gar's; Lord Boxman eplains where all the robots that constantly attack the Plaza come from; KO, Rad, and Enid try to figure out the mysterious adventure Mr. Gar keeps holo-phoning from.
Seize the Date
Love is in the air, and Cupid arrives to resolve romantic tension around the plaza.

EDIT: revised the schedule due to new information

Last edited:
OP
OP
jorgeobamajr

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
Pumped for Back in Red Action. We've gotten some teases that Enid and Red Action know each other at least somewhat (from one of the shorts, a couple of picture teases from the crew, and like, one weird moment way back in Episode 3) but as far as I remember nothing really came out of it? I haven't watched every episode yet, mind you, so I might have missed it, but I believe we haven't really had any concrete interactions between them and we're way past due that, haha.

Late to the party too, but I just caught Parents Day and Enid's parents are fantastic <3 Love the little bits of foreshadowing the show has too, w/ one of the Enid's portraits in her fear being a lil' dorky witch. It's nothing mind blowing, but it just makes for such a fuzzy tight package on rewatches.

"Do you have any skeletons in the closet?"
"We do, but we don't like to talk about it"

Fake Edit: Midway through writing this I found a preview for Back in Red Action!

AAAAAAAAA

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to avoid posting that video since it was part of a leak and not officially released by CN, but whaddya gonna do? The leaked screenshots spoil even more, but I won't be linking those here.

Rednid fans currently in freak out mode.

OP
OP
jorgeobamajr

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to avoid posting that video since it was part of a leak and not officially released by CN, but whaddya gonna do? The leaked screenshots spoil even more, but I won't be linking those here.

Rednid fans currently in freak out mode.
Ah, I didn't think of that, but I should have definitely checked what with CN's past history of being leak central. I'll try to avoid the screenshots... for once, heh.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, don't worry about it. It someone finds one of those leaks masquerading as a preview and posts about it, I'm not going to say no or anything. I've just made it my personal policy to only post about episode teases released officially.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_oyv32eA4ws1r3nw1vo3_540.gif

aaaaah shit, we toku now

This was a neat episode, if a bit cluttered. We finally see what's up with that Danger Zone area that exists outside of the Neutral Territory the Plaza exists in. It's basically just a wasteland where random shit seems to happen, possibly as a result of fighting between Neo Riot City and Battleburg 3K (is there a war going on?).

I don't mind that Enid and Red got to hang out for an episode, I'm just puzzled about Red's motives. Did she really just need someone around so she could show off after having been ditched? Anyways, it was a fun romp but the episode unfortunately resolved itself too quickly... did they really invent a paradox by claiming the crystal that was meant to be found by their predecessors and taking it back to the future? Not sure what happened there, the show seemingly broke a cardinal rule of time travel.

EDIT:

mira pls

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a long week, but OK K.O.! returns with a new premiere tonight with "Let's Take A Moment" @ 6:30pm EST!

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEAN

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
*show finally pulls the curtain on the secret it's been teasing for weeks*
ha ha, neat
*show follows up with another mystery right off the bat*
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

EDIT: also there was a quick tease of next week's episode(s) during a promo that seems suspect
soNEMjWl.jpg

Is that Fink w/ TKO's powers/getup?

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Back in Red Action

There are implications about Red Action's relationship with Yellow Technique being beyond platonic.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to the Western Animation thread for linking this. Was wondering if there was a new place here.

I haven't watched Friday's ep yet, but I did manage to convince a friend to watch the whole series and he really liked it, so I'm currently 1-0 for getting people to watch the show.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Totally missed this thread until the Western Animation thread linked to it.

I caught up with Plazalympics, Back in Red Action and Let's Take A Moment this past weekend. Plazalympics was good for some non-villainous robosiblings antics, while Back in Red Action was OK for some tokusentai stuff. The highlight was a really great gag of
Red Action having Enid turn around because she's ashamed of having to do a dorky pose and dance to summon her tank.

Let's Take A Moment is the episode that has everyone talking though.
I didn't expect the show to address the sandwich incident in the second flashback episode, but I'm glad they got it out of the way. There's still enough mystery with what exactly happened to Laserblast inside the donut shop. My money is on him already being evil or at least willing to steal those stones for himself. He wanted to enter the shop alone so no one could see him either meet with whoever he was working with or steal the stones.

As for the last-minute twist, I don't buy for a single second that Carol is a villain. She's working for a secret organization, sure, but she's the most kind-hearted and sweetest person on the show after KO himself. She has done absolutely nothing to suggest she's a villain. She's probably working for an underground version of POINT and keeping tabs on the plaza to protect people there and look out for Shadowy Figure. She mentions that there's no need to send in a team or unit, which suggests that the organization would have tried to stop the golem if things got bad enough.

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
These two episodes were a lot of fun, as expected. They also seemed to set up some big stuff for the future and expanded the world a little bit. Fink is great and Darrel and Shannon are awesome as siblings.
Lord Boxman as their dad/slave driver...not so much. Professor Venomous seems to have bigger, more evil plans than Boxman, but he's a better dad to his minion than Boxman is to the robots who actually consider him their dad.

Part of me is now wondering if the show is building up to something comsiderable at the end of its first season like Steven Universe did. That might explain why it feels like Cartoon Network is rushing these episodes out; they want to get to that big season finale quicker so people will get talking.

I know this show is meant to be a lot sillier and goofier, but it's still found time to build its world up and linger on semi-dramatic/serious moments.

EDIT: It was hard to figure out who Justin McElory played, but mostly because
the one new major character (the gold villain whose name I didn't catch) actually had a distinct voice that didn't sound like Justin's normal voice.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Justin has range as a voice actor: his voice work as his D&D character Taako in The Adventure Zone is one of the best things about that podcast.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw the episodes. Good shit.

Seems like Glorbs are a big deal in this universe. Powers robots, gives certain people power boosts, somehow a part of Boxman's master plan, etc. Were those glorbs we saw beneath the plaza too in Let's Have A Stake Out?

Thought it was pretty odd that Billiam Milliam's missiles could take out a small island and even the moon (are we in a Dragon Ball situation with this thing?) but did jack-all against P.O.I.N.T. HQ. Even more so when they all freaked out when the missiles hit like misbehaving kids realizing they're about to get chewed out by an adult.

Boxman's little video was some on-point parody work in action, beautiful.

also why is this so adorable
tumblr_ozlfnsbx571ruhqu6o5_400.gif

"noooo no no no nooo~"
"yeeEEEsssssss..."

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Chiming in to say that OK KO is very good and the most recent episodes were also very good <3

Let's Take A Moment

Who thinks the Shadowy Figure is Laserblast?

Laserblast = Shadowy Figure = Professor Venomous is my current hypothesis. Among a variety of factors, that they all share the same VA using basically the same voice can't be a coincidence!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
looking over zap2it real quick, seems like we're in hiatus for the time being with only the occasional short being released online to keep us going. We still haven't seen one episode that was teased before (Seize the Date) but they may actually choose to hold that episode until February next year.

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
also why is this so adorable
tumblr_ozlfnsbx571ruhqu6o5_400.gif

"noooo no no no nooo~"
"yeeEEEsssssss..."

I don't know why, but I love their friendship.

I don't ENTIRELY know about Lazerblast, but Venomous is 100% Shadowy Figure. If it's the same VA, though, it's probably all the same. Especially if KO's Lazerblast's son.

It sucks about the hiatus, though. It's going to be a long wait with everything else I watch also being on hiatus or between seasons.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Fink was adorably villainous and getting to watch Boxman be a gigantic dork all night was great.

It helps that Boxman is 100% of Cummings' voice for Darkwing Duck.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I at least appreciate that they've been putting out episodes at a standard pace. We're like 40 episodes in now? Steven Universe, Ducktales and Adventure time have such nightmare schedules.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

According to this tweet you can see a new short when you log in to the CN app.
I don't have it, but on a whim I checked the Spectrum app and saw that they now have "Action News" which was another of the Plaza Shorts listed on there under "Others".

Also I'm starting to think "Seize the Date" might not be a real episode.

EDIT: all shorts are now out on the CN app and VOD

Plaza Shorts list + mirror links:

KO's Inner Monologue
KO's inner monologue tells us how even a mundane everyday activity is another step in his journey to being a great hero.
Action News
Butt-kicking Dynamite Watkins from News 52's Action News Team reports on an exciting day at Gar's.
Life of Darrell
Lord Boxman explains where all the robots that constantly attack the Plaza come from.
Where in the World is Mr. Gar?
KO, Rad, and Enid try to figure out the mysterious adventure Mr. Gar keeps holo-phoning from.
Enid Vs Rad
Enid and Rad both think the other one has it easy, and they switch jobs to prove it.

Last edited:

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Dang, this has to be one of the funnier cartoons I watched. Was shocked to find out they already have 45 episodes.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Updated my previous post with youtube links for every Plaza short online. According to Ian, these all were supposed to air or be released before the show began so take that into consideration.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
New server leak re-establishes that the episode "Let's Watch The Pilot" (that I forgot all about) is real and is exactly what we thought it was going to be about:

Let's Watch The Pilot
KO, Rad, and Enid look back at the Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot.

What the leak doesn't tell us is when the full episode is supposed to air. It's not up on any channel guides currently.

EDIT: full episode is currently available at this link
you'll need your cable provider's info to access it, of course

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Created by Ian Jones-Quartey (Steven Universe), season two will be even more heroic for the titular optimistic hero K.O., Enid and Rad as they continue to level up with all new adventures. There are new threats and villains on the horizon as mysteries of Lakewood Plaza Turbo begin to reveal themselves. In addition to OK K.O.! regulars, the new season will debut some new heroes in special crossover episodes.
Swat Kats when?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Huh. I know they're easy to screw up, but I'm always curious about new beat-em ups.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Ian's currently over in Sao Paulo, Brazil as part of a Cartoon Network panel at CCXP2017 and has been living it up and posting updates on twitter. Recently got to visit the creator of Turma da Mônica on his home turf:

remember, you're never too professional to fanboy

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Holy shit
A Captain Planet themed episode?
THEY CAN USE THAT NAME TOO?!?! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit
A Captain Planet themed episode?
THEY CAN USE THAT NAME TOO?!?! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
Captain Planet
is owned by Turner and so is Cartoon Network. They're under the same umbrella.

Kind of blew my mind when I realized that Cartoon Network cartoons are the technical successors to the Hanna-Barbera legacy.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That was the BEST episode of the show yet IMO. My fav. episode partially because it blew my mind but with how well it is. The final segment was fantastic too.

Really the show started getting better, IMO, after ep. 25.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
That was the BEST episode of the show yet IMO. My fav. episode partially because it blew my mind but with how well it is. The final segment was fantastic too.

Really the show started getting better, IMO, after ep. 25.

Glad you're enjoying it so far! The first episode that really impressed me was episode 18 since

the bad guy actually won since you really almost never see that.

Speaking of, I miss this show... I'm really hoping it doesn't get the SU treatment but... :(

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The show really turned a corner with episodes 17 and 18, Know Your Mom and We're Captured. Those were the first two that had me laughing constantly, especially Succulentus, the geriatric nu-metal cactus (voiced by Jonathan Davis from KoRn!) who spoke in late 90s/early 2000s alternative rock references.

This scene is probably the exact moment where the show finally found its groove.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Checked out the video footage on PS4, never even heard of this game or show. Reminds me a little of Guacamelee. Anyone snag this? Impressions?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I got the game on PC but won't be able to play it for a few weeks due to backlog.
Though if I manage to beat Iconoclasts before getting FF12 I think I'll start it.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Captain Planet
is owned by Turner and so is Cartoon Network. They're under the same umbrella.

Kind of blew my mind when I realized that Cartoon Network cartoons are the technical successors to the Hanna-Barbera legacy.

Originally Cartoon Network Studios and Hannah-Barbera were one on the same, just operating under different names at times, until Hannah-Barbera was folded up into CN Studios in its entirety in 2002.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like new episodes return February 19th and 26th (Mondays):

Mystery Science Fair 201X:
KO helps Dendy with her science fair project.
RMS & Brandon's First Episode:
A Real Magic Skeleton discovers a new job opportunity.
Lad & Logic:
KO learns the story of how Mr. Logic came to the plaza.

Also the TV broadcast debut of Let's Watch The Pilot. Source.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What is up with the animation in a few episodes? Like the hacking one and the flashback episode
WITH THE SANDWICH
?

Having finished ep. 40, THE PLOT FURTHER THICKENS.