• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that new OK K.O.! episodes are airing on Cartoon Network RIGHT NOW and being rerun throughout the week.

jxeeyd.jpg

xahahr.jpg

pfzsom.jpg

zwkjxg.jpg

uedqnx.jpg

EDIT: rather than make a new post, lemme just edit these episode promo arts into this one

tumblr_pb9h7rNP281rrw5z5o2_540.png

tumblr_pb9h7rNP281rrw5z5o1_540.png

both by new storyboarder Anna Craig

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't caught up with Season 2, but apparently Chip Damage is more important than originally anticipated? If so, it's pretty cool that Kurt Angle is playing a character important to the show's plot. I had figured he would just be a one-off character.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I knew there was something off about Chip

Is he being mind control by the Alien dude because there's something that feels unnatural about him and it seems to be the implication

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The red action ep. Had nice animation but dendy's power ep. Had atrocious animation imo. This is really ruining the show for me :/

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes! |OT| Background game on P.O.I.N.T

I'm seeing people noticing that P.O.I.N.T. HQ sorta maybe resembles the chunk of land that floated into the air during Laserblast's disappearance/apparent death in the flashback episode, despite being much bigger in scope:

tumblr_pb9fer3WnX1v7g06wo2_400.png

the fact that there's floating landmasses at all has so far gone unexplained except in this one instance, due to weird tech going haywire. I wonder if the two tie together?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
So wait, they are going to do stuff with that baby T. Rex character? I thought they needed a sympathetic pet character for that one episode, realized they had none, then shoehorned one in while joking how it had always been part of the cast Minimoose-style before it would never be seen again.

But now that it's on a Comic Con poster, maybe they are planning on something? Granted, Steven Universe's SDCC posters have typically hyped up a character who's role has been occasional side-villain at best, so it could be misdirection.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Reposted from my thread:

Just got through all 4 volumes of the show and I'm absolutely loving it! It is wholesome and just a feel good show. The dynamic and chemistry of the three main characters (KO, Enid, and Rad) is perfect, the humor is on point, and the story has stayed interesting so far without many dull arcs. The artstyle and fast-paced nature of the show may put off some people, but I personally find it unique and think it contributes to the humorous moments. \

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
OK K.O.!: Let's Be Crossovers!

Honestly, when I first saw that shot making the rounds I thought someone was announcing a new party-style game starring CN characters for consoles.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
CN Latin America commissioned this cool promo animation for OK KO: Link

Hopefully it can air on US CN as well.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, today is the show's 1 year anniversary. How far we've come...

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Catching up to OK KO and I still cannot get used to the changing animation styles from episode to episode. It's annoying.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to watch the episodes that already came to the app. I have quite a few things to watch now.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

It's not just a cameo, they even got some of the original VAs back! Ian and his crew's thirst for cartoon crossovers cannot be quenched.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Damage is literally a puppet for Foxtail. I don't trust Sparko suddenly leaving Point Academy.

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Cartoon Network released a clip from the OK K.O.! special Crossover Nexus airing this Monday earlier today:

People are speculating this is taking place in the old "CN City" concept.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should probably make a thread about the crossover, I imagine some people will get a kick out of all the references.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
What a nostalgic episode. I'll probably watch it from the DVR again so I could see how many people in statues I can recognize. They really did a big range of characters.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

This Twitter thread from Ian about the making of Crossover Nexus is some of the coolest stuff ever with some never-used art for the original version of the episode.

Here's the run-down:
- The idea came when the crew's bosses suggseted the idea of CN heroes cameo-ing in POINT Prep after they saw the 5-parter POINT Prep arc. THe crew decided to make the crossover its own episode instead.
- The original pitch was for a 22 minute episode.
- The plot involved heroes being hypnotized and fighting each other before teaming up.
- KO was going to meet Ruby and Sapphire, and they would fuse into Garnet in a segment boarded by Rebecca Sugar herself.
- It looks like One-One from Infinity Train was going to take Raven's spot in the crossover, which might imply that Infinity Train has been in the works as a series for a while and the OK KO crew thought it would be airing by the time their crossover episode came out.
- After their CN bosses said they would prefer an 11-minute episode, the current version of the episode with the concept of actually using CN City was created.
- Class of 3000 and Secret Saturdays weren't included in the final episode, but the crew originally had them in cut scenes.
- The crew had to find the official mouth charts for all the characters who speak in the cameo moment near the end. They couldn't find IM Weasel's charts until they looked up the old Cartoon Network website on archive.org and found the mouth charts just posted there.
- The final episode has over 225 individual scenes and over 300 unique designs.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe this they literally took the locations from the commercial bumpers and rekt them

DpL1I1jVsAATMgs.jpg:large

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Just saw Crossover Nexus, &... yeah. That would've been dope for a full 22 minute episode. Maybe they can return to the concept later?

Also yo, is that Kiva Andru?! Does this mean Cartoon Network can use MEGAS XLR characters now? I know she stays statue'd so it could be a way to acknowledge the show existed without having to pay the US government back for using those characters,, but Symbionic Titan was also a tax write-off & the girl from that show (I never saw it, I just know her head looks like Pearl's from SU) gets a speaking line near the end. I've been thirsty for more MEGAS since middle school. This is all I've gotten in roughly 1.5 decades, so I'm content with this for now.