• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

But at the same time, I'm glad in a way that this show is finite. I don't like shows that drag on forever or get shorted by weird scheduling issues.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
as expected, new episodes dropping on the app and VOD

relevant episode info from the last page:

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Let's Get Shadowy"
Sunday, Aug. 18 at 4:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
K.O. teams up with an unlikely ally to take on an old foe.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "You're a Good Friend, KO"
Sunday, Aug. 18 at 4:45 p.m. (ET/PT)
K.O. brings Dendy along for a hero mission in order to cheer her up.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Red Action 3: Grudgement Day"
Sunday, Aug. 25 at 4:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
K.O. and Enid attempt to prevent a mysterious power battle between Rad and Red Action.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Carl"
Sunday, Aug. 25 at 4:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
A pleasant weekend goes awry when a monster attacks.

"Dendy's Video Channel" is the unknown variable, we've got nothing on it yet so far.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
According to Ian and Toby Jones, there are only two more episodes left in the series after this most recently released batch of episodes.
Damn, I wasn't expecting it to end so soon :-(

Edit: Just saw the newest episodes. While it's sad to see a show you love end, at least it seems Ok K.O. will wrap up on a satisfactory way, I'm really excited to the series finale now.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only making my way through the first season now (I've known about the show for ages, but only getting into it now) and it makes me super sad that there's nothing with the style of animation that'll still be around in a few weeks time :( Playing through the game as well, I just love how it does things like how much KO loves his mum... it makes my heart sing a little <3

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Final Three (or two, if you already saw Dendy's via the app):

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Dendy's Video Channel"
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Dendy tries to update KO's video channel for him, but has trouble finding something to post.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Let's Fight To The End" *double-length episode*
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:15 p.m. (ET/PT)

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Thank You For Watching The Show"
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:45 p.m. (ET/PT)

"Thank You For Watching The Show"

c9769a3647258230a47b4ccc909bdc0afdc53a7c.gif

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
What's even sadder and more lovely about the ending song is that it's about the magic of animation and cartoons (Ex. "Every second that you see is/24 connected pieces" = frames of animation)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Late reminder that the OK K.O. Series Finale airs tomorrow night starting at 7PM ET/PT!

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Dendy's Video Channel"
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Dendy tries to update KO's video channel for him, but has trouble finding something to post.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Let's Fight To The End" *double-length episode*
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:15 p.m. (ET/PT)
When a fighting tournament is announced at the Plaza, there is more at stake than meets the eye.

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Thank You For Watching The Show"
Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:45 p.m. (ET/PT)
When KO finds moments of his life slipping by, he begins to suspect something weird is going on.

Ian and Toby Jones are going to host an improptu AMA on twitter before the show premieres:

Also CN recently uploaded the full version of the OK K.O.!: Let's Be Heroes OP theme!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
How long until the last two episodes air? I'm in Australia so timezone conversion is always arse.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
time to get hyped

EDIT: preview clip from "Let's Fight To The End":

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was a pretty good finale. A few of the battle scenes were really good and made me wish they had a more battle oriented series. Sad to see it go, but that was well done.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
It really is unfair that such a good and genuine show got this treatment. I wish it could have been different...

The final episode made me tear up because I really can relate to what was happening... I really wish I could convince more people to watch it.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I fell pretty behind and trying to catch up now. Does the final season feel rushed or does it feel pretty well planned out?

Djrthomson

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance this could lead to a time skip series, with K.O. in the Gar position or is that it for the show?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I fell pretty behind and trying to catch up now. Does the final season feel rushed or does it feel pretty well planned out?
The last several episodes feel rushed to wrap up what they wanted to show. You can tell they had a lot more to show and wanted to expand on some stuff and make arcs longer before they got cancelled. You see good plans that were forced to be rushed
Any chance this could lead to a time skip series, with K.O. in the Gar position or is that it for the show?
Given the final episode, it feels like they could definitely do that. Unfortunately it's probably it for the show. Seems very hard for a lot of shows to come back from the dead. How many cartoons pull that off? The only one I can think of is Young Justice and that seems like it was a special case cause it could help a new streaming service.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
OK KO was a banger. The final episode moved me with the barrage of title cards and the sentiments about time progressing. Hard to believe that the show proper has only been in my life for two years. I was uninterested in the Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot back when it released, but the series hooked me within the first minute when KO earnestly dreams about becoming a hero in the style of a Magical Girl. Trust in Ian and his team was not misplaced.

Loved seeing time progress, getting a glimpse of Rad and Enid (who were the show for me) at my age and beyond.

I'll be there if OK KO is ever revived, and I'll be on the lookout for whatever projects KO alumni work on in the future.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
Finished it. Slightly rushed but still satisfying.

Brick Frog from Venture Bros briefly appeared in the final episode lol
xA6xWIW.jpg

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So now that this has sadly finished, perhaps I should finally get into Stephen Universe. Do I just start from episode 1 and work my way through, or are they're episodes/seasons I could/should skip?

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
So now that this has sadly finished, perhaps I should finally get into Stephen Universe. Do I just start from episode 1 and work my way through, or are they're episodes/seasons I could/should skip?
I would start with episode 1. While the first season is mostly monster of week stuff it all eventually ties into the story and lore of the show.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I would start with episode 1. While the first season is mostly monster of week stuff it all eventually ties into the story and lore of the show.
I have actually started with episode 1 and I'm pretty sure I've seen at least that before. I don't know how much of an influence Ian J-Q has on which aspects of the show, but it has a very similar vibe to OK-KO (although I miss the hand-drawn lines) so I think I'll enjoy it :)

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I never realised this, here's some of the voice actors (although obvious now) I had no idea were in it:
Carol is voiced by Kate Flannery (Meredith from The Office)
Professor Venomous etc. are voiced by Stephen Ogg, aka Trevor from GTA5
Diedrich Bader as Cupid (neighbour from Office Space, Rex of Rex-kwan-do in Napoleon Dynamite)
Ron Funches as Sparko (don't know how I didn't pick this!)
Oh, and Lord Boxman is renowned voice actor Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck, and ironically/coincedentally Dr. Robotnik in one of the Sonic cartoon series)

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I finally decided it was time to finish watching the show. I've been holding off because I didn't want it to end, but the finale episodes are phenomenal.

giphy.gif

I am/was an emotional wreck during the end.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know Toby Jones has talked (not seriously) on Twitter about a Hue Troop spin-off. Red Action is my fave so I'm obviously biased, but I'd really fucking love that and it seems the most reasonable direction to go vs reviving the show with a solid ending.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I just finished the series. It still sucks that the show's now finished...

But it definitely hurts less with such a strong ending...

...but it's still a bummer we didn't get more episodes of this:

59553025_583703192121780_103875253354295486_n.jpg

God I'd kill for a Box Bots / Voxy Bunch spinoff. I think I'm gonna rewatch the show again just for the Box Bots.

I know Toby Jones has talked (not seriously) on Twitter about a Hue Troop spin-off. Red Action is my fave so I'm obviously biased, but I'd really fucking love that and it seems the most reasonable direction to go vs reviving the show with a solid ending.

This'd be fine too