• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
My friend just got into OK KO recently and he was caught up just last week. Now he gets to experience the unannounced app-only episode drops along with us!

As I told him, welcome to our hell.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Why do we keep getting stealth-drops on apps? Has this been working for Cartoon Network, or are they just desperate to make it happen?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Why do we keep getting stealth-drops on apps? Has this been working for Cartoon Network, or are they just desperate to make it happen?
I think they're just randomly pumping out episodes for newer stuff like OK KO. Steven Universe app-only episode drops at least get advertised and hyped up because CN knows there's a proven, passionate audience for it.

OK KO, on the other hand, is only about 6 months old. I assume it's done decently for them, but it's not one of their big shows yet. So they just release the episodes whenever.

Maybe they'll advertise it more when Season 2 starts.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the first two on Spectrum but "OK Dendy" isn't up (yet). Should be able to watch that one on CN, though, with my cable info.

EDIT: okay, this shit right here was fucking hilarious, seeing him walk into frame like this made me bust a gut for some reason:
tumblr_p3p1zjWZPC1wywy8ho1_400.jpg

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It took me too long to realize the accent Dendy suddenly had was a dexter laboratory joke

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

In case you weren't able to watch these digitally. Both are excellent episodes that will be worth your time.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
There's 4 episodes that haven't premiered yet total, right? The two airing tomorrow, plus Lad & Logic/OK Dendy? My cable provider accidentally put up Lad & Logic/Let's Watch the Pilot up so I don't know if they aired & I missed them or if it was just a goof.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Checked out the video footage on PS4, never even heard of this game or show. Reminds me a little of Guacamelee. Anyone snag this? Impressions?

It's nothing special, but it's okay. They did a really good job with the presentation, but the gameplay is very repetitive. Lots of fetch quests that inflate the game time by making you walk from one part of the plaza to another, get something, then go back again. Repeatedly.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
There's 4 episodes that haven't premiered yet total, right? The two airing tomorrow, plus Lad & Logic/OK Dendy? My cable provider accidentally put up Lad & Logic/Let's Watch the Pilot up so I don't know if they aired & I missed them or if it was just a goof.
Let's Watch The Pilot has been available on OnDemand services for quite a while now. Mystery Science Fair 201X, Lad & Logic and OK Dendy were suddenly released early two weeks ago. And before that they were teasing another episode called RMS & Brandon's First Episode by releasing it's title and synopsis.

EDIT: Geneva's self-insert gets a bio

tumblr_p4gsxtw17H1qcwu03o1_500.png

Mystery Science Fair 201x has aired! A great episode of OK KO storyboarded by my beloved roommate/bff Ryann Shannon and her storyboard partner Parker Simmons!

Ryann gave one of my original background characters, Genesis, her first speaking role! So I thought it would be fun to post the (unofficial!!) bio card I made for her early on in the show's production.

(Yes… I made an OC who lives full-time as her own OC. Follow your bliss.)

#ok ko #genesis #original character do not steal
Geneva Hodgson

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a mistake but episode listings for 4 more unknown episodes have appeared online, slated for next Monday.

hfjqcw.png

It might mean they'll show up on the app early ahead of what their actual broadcast date would be.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Is it too late to hope on the love train for the Dexter's Lab parody?

EDIT: Geneva's self-insert gets a bio

tumblr_p4gsxtw17H1qcwu03o1_500.png

Geneva Hodgson

I was wondering why the show has so much Furry Culture content. I love it!

Seems like a mistake but episode listings for 4 more unknown episodes have appeared online, slated for next Monday.

hfjqcw.png

It might mean they'll show up on the app early ahead of what their actual broadcast date would be.

Huh. I guess we're getting some episodes focusing on relatively minor characters from around the plaza coming up here.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Was just reminded there's a short that was released recently with the same name as that "Action News" entry on that list... might not be a full episode after all. So that leaves:

The Perfect Meal
: KO teams up with Beardo to make the perfect meal for Carol.
Hope This Flies: Rad attempts to upgrade his van and make it fly.
Let's Not Be Skeletons: When a charismatic huckster shows up to the plaza, the product he's selling turns everything upside down.

... some of which could just be new shorts masquerading as full episodes on zap2it. Mystery!

Adding to all that, there was this thing that was found quite a while ago (that I don't know if anyone got around to sharing here). Seems to be a double-length episode if that information is correct. Same guy who provided the screenshot for the above title leaks.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

Weirdly, on the CN site "Action News" just links to the short with the same name, but it's been confirmed to be a real 11-minute episode via screengrab leaks (and now Ian here). Fix your shit, CN.

According to Toby, these 5 episodes precede the season one finale.

Also, for those without the means to watch online, know that two of the episodes will premiere Monday starting @ 6:30pm on CN: RMS and Brandon's First Episode and Lad & Logic.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo I'm, like, totally in love with Dynamite Watkins right now (great design and personality). lol
"Action News!" is a super fun episode.

Oct 27, 2017
^^^
The character animation/acting was on point, I love the dynamic camera angles and fabulous poses they had goin' on with her!
She's basically a magical girl with a passion for reporting lol.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
According to this tweet it's going to be OK Dendy and Plaza Shorts' turn to air Monday evening on CN.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
So wait, it's not ARMS & Brandon's episode tomorrow? Because my cable provider doesn't have that On Demand yet, whereas OK Dendy has been on for a bit. I'm projecting frustration about Steven Universe more than anything, but I'm seriously getting sick & tired of Cartoon Network's scheduling of this show between the App & actual television.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Did it? My Cable Provider's On Demand doesn't have it for some reason... Despite having had OK Dendy since everything else was released on the App. Weird.
Same here. To be frank, recent OK K.O.! episodes have been added to VOD listings rather haphazardly, sometimes in the wrong sections or un-numbered so they don't show up properly in the listing. Definitely seems like they completely skipped on adding RMS & Brandon, though.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Another two episodes "premiere" on CN tomorrow night! Let's Not Be Skeletons and Action News! Tune in @ 6:30pm.

here's a promo art for LNBS when it premiered on the app:

EDIT: also Ian advertising a new CN mobile game based on the Action News episode

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
CN uploaded an interview w/ OK K.O.! creator Ian Jones-Quartey, includes a short animatic of a scene from the half-hour special "You're In Control" which is set to air next month. Also gives us our first good look at the new Boxmore bot.

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I finally saw Action News. Holy schneikes at that Space Channel 5 homage! They even had a scat chorus like in that game's ending! Put me on the "Dynamite Watkins is my new favorite character" team.

Also, did anyone else think the way the destroyed newsroom is casually repaired w/ all the furniture replace by bored-looking interns was an intentional Eric Andre nod?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Oops, forgot to remind people that today was 'The Perfect Meal' and 'Hope This Flies' turn to air on CN. And that's it as far as CN app episodes airing on TV goes, next week is set to be reruns from what I can see.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
A new promo for the S1 finale "You're In Control" aired on CN after Craig of the Creek:

EDIT: replaced deleted crap quality recording with Ian-blessed one

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
A new promo for the S1 finale "You're In Control" aired on CN after Craig of the Creek:

not the best capture, but it still looks pretty amazing

Holy shit, Boxman Jr. looks like Bowser Jr. I love season finale fights where the entire cast helps out. I guess TKO is going to be KO's super mode now that he sorta has it under control.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'll be stuck at work too. I was hoping it'd be up on VOD early but no dice! Seems CN wants to go back to "appointment TV" for this episode.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Episode should be airing right now on east coast. Gib impressions (spoiler tagged, of course).

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Only caught the second half, but it was still awesome. And holy hell, that ending is one heck of a status quo change. That's how you do a season finale.

tom641

Mar 24, 2018
Over there
That ending has me intrigued. Are spoilers openly allowed in this thread? Until I get confirmation lemme just...

I think we're gonna move away from the Plaza now since Darrell will probably not attack the plaza so much, so there's gonna be villainy in other areas to deal with. Like Neo Riot City maybe?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Timeskip jokes. If there was ever any doubt that this show loves and knows its anime, it's gone now.

Jokes about timeskip redesigns sure beat the days of low-effort DBZ parodies or bad dubbing jokes.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
yeah she looks better with her hair down, like her momma

or is that the kind of thing women don't want to hear, lol