• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Clint Eastwood will probably kick the bucket. And Betty White probably. Queen Elizabeth. Old people dying and stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest recession since 1920. Bitcoin becomes absolutely huge, bigger than gold. Governments will issue cryptocurrencies.

We find a vaccine for AIDS and at least one other massive decease incurable today.

Someone goes to Mars.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The rise of technology such as deepfakes makes video and auditory evidence extinct. Trump could scream the n-word live on national TV, and 40% of the country will swear it didn't happen.

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Mass waves of people from displacement caused by climate change (rising water levels). Increased anti-immigrant rhetoric. China's full rise as a super-power and an exertion of their will. Several opportunities for Western nations to do the right thing but instead embracing greater conservative views.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
100.gif

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
World will keep on slowly but surely getting better, as it always has. People will claim the sky is falling and the world is worse, but it won't be.

wildcard is climate change, if it hits harder in the next decade than expected, all bets are off.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The direction US went this decade, Brasil, China, UK just now and the further divide within Canada.

I expect that Democracy itself will suffer a slow, burning cancer that may kill it totally by the decade that follows, if not directly the next. Something that may follow the climate crisis as well, since mass immigration will make right wings folks BS points more powerful. People don't vote no matter how dire the situation is.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Like most decades it'll be iterative with general moderate innovation across the board.

1. We will have a global recession. Not as bad as 08 but it'll sap a couple of years
  2. EV cars will be crossing the chasm into mainstream as battery cost reduction gets it cheaper than combustion.
  3. We will have a major battery tech improvement, probably involving graphene or stanene.
  4. Computers won't improve much at first but something will disrupt silicon by 2030
  5. Democrats will take back the presidency but not the Senate. Lame duck decade with gradual healing from Trump.
  6. Modest improvements in 1st world countries with renewable and fission power, but the world will still get hotter. We'll have political campaigns on climate change and reversal technology investments.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally think we'll see an AR boom. It seems like the technology that a lot of companies are working on. It's not quite ready for mainstream, it's still too bulky to have in casual glasses format, but it already has some neat uses on phones. Once it can be done in a slim form factor, I think it will be huge for a lot of industries and even for the average person. We already augment and blend our daily life with technology by using our phone. AR seems like the next big step for that of blending the real world with technology.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Unchecked climate change and unfettered capitalism will result in tens of thousands if not millions of deaths in the second and third world and will create the worst refugee and humanitarian crisis in modern history. The resulting millions of climate refugees will fuel the continuing spread of far-right ideologies and anti-immigration policies across the western world and first-world countries. Ever-extreme far right governments and politicians will strengthen their grip on power in the world's industrialized nations, further weakening and eroding traditional democratic institutions and norms while stamping out all meaningful opposition via voter suppression and corruption. The rise of automation coupled with unfettered capitalism will see the greatest economic collapse for the middle class and working poor since the great depression. The devastating effects of climate change will also see a collapse in global agriculture production and a dwindling of the world's food supply. Other dwindling resources, such as water, rare earth elements, fossil fuels, combined with the climate catastrophe will lead to wide-scale conflict, death, and starvation - a global humanitarian crisis the likes of which the world has never seen. The rich will hoard its wealth while the rest will make up a permanent underclass left to fight for the scraps that are left over. Sorry, I'm not too hopeful for the future.

Last edited:

bad poster

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
  • disney's angela anaconda cinematic universe rakes in fifty trillion US dollars
  • centrists come into power in wealthy nations but are criticized by the media for running their refugee prisons marginally less brutally
  • several of the previous mentioned nations implement UBI but it's administered by facebook and nobody can pay their rent with it
  • millions die as a result of famine
  • elon musk invents the bus and is hailed as a world-saving visionary
  • donald trump shits himself to death

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
- the UK ceases to exist. Back to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales and independent nations.
- significant climate refugee crisis
- man on Mars
- The Witcher 4

I'd put my money on it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
- EU has a huge refugee crisis if not several major sized ones, and when they time comes either fights it off or continues with the insane rates it's going with right now.
-No World War however that European refugee crisis is feuled because of the total collapse of the 2nd and 3rd world. South America, Middle East, and Hong Kong are in total disarray and if they continue into the next decade like this there won't be a country to fight for.
-Even America is seeing a mass Exodus after 2024, with Trump declaring a 3rd term vecause of some bullshit excuse that flies in Congress.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Marijuana will be legalized/regulated in the US for people 21+

Im not even really into weed but I'd bet $1000 that it has legal controlled status Nationwide by 2029.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
47th president ivanka Trump ushers a new age of hope and prosperity

Nintendo makes holodeck technology

Terminators from the future asassinate anyone with a bitcoin

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Everything will get worse. But we'll finally get a good Paper Mario game and 8K/ 120 fps will be standard.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- Democrats will win the White House in 2020, but economy issues will cost them the White House in 2024.
- Desktops will be come next to obsolete except for gaming pc's.
- There will be an internet blackout for a couple days and everything will go to hell.
- A Canadian team will win the Stanley Cup.
- The Cleveland Browns will not make the playoffs.
- The Simpsons will not be canceled .
- There will be a natural disaster on par with the Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004.
- An animated film will win Best Picture.
- The Yankees World Series drought will continue.
- Game of Thrones prequel will fail, mainly because people are still upset about season 8.
- Winds of Winter will release, but not book 7.
- The internet will still hate Star Wars.
- Nintendo will have a down couple of years and they will be "doomed" until they pull out another winner and shock the world.
- Half Life 3 will release.

I can do this all day

OP
OP

CosmicPanda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Like most decades it'll be iterative with general moderate innovation across the board.

1. We will have a global recession. Not as bad as 08 but it'll sap a couple of years
  2. EV cars will be crossing the chasm into mainstream as battery cost reduction gets it cheaper than combustion.
  3. We will have a major battery tech improvement, probably involving graphene or stanene.
  4. Computers won't improve much at first but something will disrupt silicon by 2030
  5. Democrats will take back the presidency but not the Senate. Lame duck decade with gradual healing from Trump.
  6. Modest improvements in 1st world countries with renewable and fission power, but the world will still get hotter. We'll have political campaigns on climate change and reversal technology investments.
i could see most of this happening.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Big recession ~2026 probably created by sovereign debt and the near end of the petroleum dollar

A mainstream move to EVs, by the end of the decade only a few manufacturers develop ICE vehicles.

Global deterioration of climate and ecosystems beyond tipping points

Carbon tax on meat in Europe

China and Space X race to Mars (Land in 30's)

At least one African megafauna species becomes functionally extinct in the wild

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone literally lives by what their phone tells them.

After years of gathering information and data on the owner, an OS update in early 2020s turns the OS into a functional consciousness app. Phones are declared, by Silicon Valley and Global governments, as better judges of correct behaviour than an individual's own will. It becomes a legal requirement to follow daily instructions given by your phones OS. Secret footage is released near the end of the decade of Mark Zuckerberg defying his phone's instructions.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say this, because it includes my parents, but a lot of boomers are going to be dead in the next decade. I'm not entirely sure how it will change things, but it's going to shift a lot of cash around.