• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
As Wbacon noted, Capcom tried to unlock the framerate but encounter major performance issues. An unlocked framerate breaks the game logic, collision detection, and animation speed. Therefore, and since it would require a lot of effort and time in order to offer a proper 60fps mode, Capcom decided to simply lock the game at 30fps.

DQkffyTXUAEmRe8.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/okami...rt-mousekeyboard-but-will-be-locked-at-30fps/

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp that's a massive bummer. Will still pick it up on PC to support the game. But yea I was really hoping for the 60 on this one.

I wonder if any mods will unlock the framerate. If there are only minor collision and animation issues, I'll take 60 for a little jank any day.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The reality is it'd take a herculean effort, time and cost to manually fix and QA"

Nek minute, the modding community does it in a week

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Welp that's a massive bummer. Will still pick it up on PC to support the game. But yea I was really hoping for the 60 on this one.

I wonder if any mods will unlock the framerate. If there are only minor collision and animation issues, I'll take 60 for a little jank any day.

It's easy to see the devs perspective here:

Option A: Keep the game locked at 30 with only legacy bugs.

Option B: Aim for 60, Q&A the new bugs, delay the game, go over budget.

Option C: Unlock 60, ignore the bugs, ship a broken game.

I'm sure the devs are savvy enough to realize the community will attempt a fix on day 1, and that way any bugs that pop up as a result are the responsibility of the modder, not the developer, so they don't need to keep a support team on the payroll to work on patches and fixes after release. Seems like a no brainer. I think fans often forget that these niche products usually have very strict budgets otherwise they wouldn't exist in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.